• 2.5 years’ professional experience in Spacecraft Operational Engineering at Inmarsat, supporting 7 spacecraft which provide global telephone and internet connectivity across maritime, aviation, government, and enterprise sectors
• 3 years’ professional experience in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering at British Airways
• 9 years’ combined research and study experience in the UK, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, and France
• 3 university degrees:
- PhD in aerospace engineering
- MEng in mechanical engineering
- MSc in space studies
• Fluent speaker of English, German, and Japanese. Study experience of French and Russian.
• Dual British/German citizen
• Spacecraft Analyst, Inmarsat, UK (Jan. 2017 - Present)
This is a Spacecraft Operations Engineering role. Key responsibilities include the following.
Conducting spacecraft operations of Inmarsat’s GEO fleet to provide global connectivity
- Maintaining maximum payload availability for maritime, aviation, government, and enterprise sectors
- Providing on-call support for 7 spacecraft
- Use of the I4S flight software for spacecraft control and monitoring
- Involvement in procedure changes including the use of version control software
- Working in a team of 7 and collaborating with Flight Dynamics, TT&C, and ground software teams
- Testing systems in the back-up control centre
Leading all operations on Airbus Eurostar 3000 fleet
- 3 S/C in fleet (GEO, 3-axis stabilised, combined electric/chemical propulsion, telecoms payload)
- Responsible for activity planning, execution, and analysis: including activities pre-, during and post-eclipse seasons, unit testing, and encryption key maintenance
- Providing on-call support
- Supporting anomaly recoveries
- Liaising with the spacecraft manufacturer regarding operational recommendations and reporting
- Implementing operational recommendations including changes to flight procedures, the S/C database, and supporting files
- Managing the S/C database including limit adjustments and equation definitions
- Conducting health and performance monitoring including reviews of daily and annual trends
- Logging and reporting notable events and S/C health using dedicated tools
- Validating procedures with the Airbus S/C simulator including the injection of failures to test anomaly cases
- Providing training on operations in the form of posters and presentations to colleagues in the department including S/C Controllers and other S/C Analysts
Supporting operations on Boeing 702HP fleet
- 4 S/C in fleet (GEO, 3-axis stabilised, electric propulsion, telecoms payload)
- Responsible for supporting extended operations, particularly payload in-orbit testing
- Providing on-call support
- Developing training materials including posters and presentations
- Flight procedure optimisation based on in-flight experience
- Team-internal process optimisation using dedicated process-mapping software
- Modifying VBA tools for data analysis
- Providing introductory talks to Inmarsat staff and guest school children on spacecraft operations
• Network Operations Engineering Internship, Inmarsat, UK (May 2016 - Nov. 2016)
• Technical Engineer, Flight Data Recording Group, British Airways Engineering, London, UK (Oct. 2014 – May 2015)
• Engineering Graduate, British Airways Engineering, London/Glasgow, UK (Jul. 2012 – Sep. 2014)
• Internship, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China (Jul. - Aug. 2006)
• Internship, EADS, Defence and Security, Ulm, Germany (Jun. - Aug. 2005)
• MSc Master of Space Studies, The International Space University, France (Sept. 2015 – Sept. 2016)
• Ph.D. Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, Laboratory for Space Systems, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan (Apr. 2008- Sept. 2011)
• ERASMUS exchange student, RWTH Aachen, Germany (Sept. 2006- Sept. 2007)
• MEng Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College London, UK (Sept. 2003- Sept. 2007)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.