2009 – 2011 Bachelor of Science in Technical Management, Summa Cum Laude, DeVry University
2004 - 2007 Associate’s Degree, General Studies, University of Maryland
2002 – 2003 Certificate of Study, United States Army Satellite Communications School
● Fortinet Network Security Engineer 4 - October 2015
● Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching – November 2014
● Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching – September 2013
● ITIL Foundations Certification – October 2011
● Fortigate firewalls and Fortinet network security appliances
● Cisco routers and Catalyst switches
● Microsoft Server 2003-2008
● Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Sharepoint, Outlook).
● Network monitoring and analysis through tools such as Cacti, Nagios, and Smarts
● Satellite ground stations using Ku and X-band frequencies
May-15 - Present Technical Support Engineer, Fortinet Neu-Isenburg, Germany
Supported customers via telephone, remote sessions, and trouble tickets for problems and configuration issues relating to UTM firewalls, Fortimanager and other network security appliances. Gathered and analyzed customer data including configuration files, packet captures, diagnostic output, and log files in order to solve performance and functionality problems. Recreated relevant customer environments in a lab to make change recommendations and test effectiveness of resolutions. Worked tickets escalated by partners and level until complete. Wrote bug reports and worked with developers to investigate functionality problems.
Jan-09 – May-15 Network Management Center Operator
Hughes Network Systems, Griesheim, Germany
Responsible for monitoring, fault detection, and analysis on enterprise networks (primarily OSPF, VPN, and VSAT) as well as NOC equipment (load balancers, firewalls, routers, switches, etc).
Brian Ward Page 2
Performed tier 2 and 3 fault analysis and worked with third party suppliers to resolve network issues and maintain high levels of network availability.
Maintained server rooms; including installing/removing cabling, racks and equipment, maintaining satellite ground stations and related equipment. Responsible for detection and escalation of interference affecting satellite resources.
Maintained and created documentation of networks, resources, and procedures (using Visio, Sharepoint, and Excel) to assist in training and troubleshooting.
Worked with third party suppliers and service providers to maintain SLAs and keep all parties informed during complex outages.
Nov-05 - Dec-08 Satellite Communications Team Chief US Army, various locations
Supervised the complete configuration and operation of transportable ground terminals in various training and mission critical environments. This included set-up and operation, transparent replacement of existing nodes, troubleshooting and repair, regular maintenance, and accountability of over $500,000 worth of communications equipment.
Elements of my role were:-
● Preparing and conducting regular training for peers and subordinates
● Fielding and integrating new equipment into communications networks.
● Configuring and supervising the configuration of the equipment including high rate FDMA and TDMA modems, mulitplexers, media converters, high power amplifiers, up-converters, down-converters, and various related assemblies.
● Isolating faults and repairing or replacing components or assemblies to restore communications with minimal downtime.
● Network monitoring, maintenance of records, and preparation of reports to provide proactive management and establish performance trends
At this position I successfully deployed a ground terminal to Southwest Asia, providing over 99% link reliability during integration into two separate communications networks providing services to hundreds of users. After maintaining these links and terminal I redeployed it to Germany fully mission capable and with 100% accountability of parts and equipment.
Jul-02 – Oct-05 Satellite Communications Technician US Army, various locations
Installed, operated, and maintained tactical multichannel satellite communications ground terminals, systems, networks and associated equipment. Operates and performs preventive maintenance checks and services on assigned communications equipment, vehicles, and power generators.
I am a native English speaker and have passed the B1 German language proficiency test. I have a valid work visa for Germany.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.