Over 30 years of professional experience in Program Management, systems engineering, satellite test and integration, and functional management. I have supported numerous satellite programs in various capacities through all phases of front-end planning, production, test, launch and in-orbit operations. I joined SS/L in 1988 and have held engineering and management positions in Systems Test, Electrical Systems Engineering, Integration and Test, Operations management including Program Executive Director for several complete programs. In all of these positions, I directly interfaced with customer representatives and all levels of management on technical, schedule and programmatic issues in an efficient and professional manner.
OBJECTIVE: A Program or Mission Manager role in a space sector organization with a particular interest in those involving Spacecraft Planning and Manufacturing. Space Systems Loral (SSL), a world leader in Spacecraft manufacturer and delivery
2016-date Executive Director
• Assigned to special projects – supporting the Senior Executive Committee with the analysis for possible reduction in costs, production activities and consolidation in support of this reduction.
2003-2015 Executive Director, Program Manager
• Managed 100+ million dollar contracts between SSL and Customers • Provide Reports to SSL management on status of costs, schedule and Customer satisfaction. • Ensure generation of the Preliminary Design review, critical design review meet all the requirements allowing manufacturing and production to kickoff with Customer agreement • Proactive program management to anticipate and resolve problems, ensuring program remains on schedule and exceeds customer requirements. • Provide Customer Quarterly Program reviews ensuring status, schedule and commitment are met or exceeded. Work closely with enginnering and customer on any technical, programmatic issues are discussed in detail and closure plans agreements are in place • Monitor financial information to forecast, track program financials and ensure program is adequately staffed to meet customer expectations. • Lead SSL engineering Teams to ensure compliance to SSL and Customer specs and Spacecraft requirements. Join Customer Team ensuring a strong SSL/Customer commitment. • Work with the Proposal Manager ensuring the Proposal Team meets or exceeds all Requests for Proposal (RFPs) requirements. Assist or Lead the Analyst and review of complex RFPs to extract requirements and prepare proposal plans including documenting themes and discriminators, building outlines, compliance matrices, and section plans. o Development of programmatic communication plans to ensure inter-group cooperation to meet operational obligations and objectives o Coordinates the planning and execution of proposal deliverables and support activities as required by the RFP.
2000 – 2003 Deputy Program Manager
• Responsible for achievement of cost, schedule, and technical integrity of Space Station ORU (On-Orbit Replacement Units). • Establish hardware delivery dates to ORU integration and test with production control and I&T Operations. • Provide technical support and lead in the effort to resolve discrepancies with the Responsible Engineers and Customers. • Prepare test status reports and prepare discrepancy resolution plans through the required test cycles. • Maintain status of ORU progress through I&T and delivery to senior management. • Coordinate with program business operations concerning the flow of the I&T requirements to establish the program baseline. • Provide interface with other Space Station Programs to ensure exchange of technical data related to I&T. • Prepare lessons learned reports from factory upon completion & present to assembly, I&T management, and Program management as required to improve subsequent ORU testing & reduce costs. • Provide coordination between organizations including Quality Engineering, Program Management, and Customer Representatives.
1997 - 2000 Electrical System Engineer - Rome/Italy
• Assigned as an Electrical Bus System Engineer to provide support to the Italian Alenia AIT team. • Responsible to troubleshoot and isolate all failures, provide required steps to repair and retest. • This position required interface with Italian, French, German, and Russian counterparts to ensure schedule, perform failure analysis, and recommend modifications to equipment or facilities to ensure properly delivered end-items.
1995 - 1997 Electrical Test Supervisor
• Coordination of Electrical Test Personnel staffing to support Spacecraft Test and Operation activities, including off-site support. • Lead test anomaly and problem solving activities • Interface with System Engineering, Quality Engineering, Spacecraft Management, Program Directors, and Customer Representatives. • Provide Employee evaluations and annual Merit planning. • Support satellite Planning, Spacecraft scheduling to ensure that procedures, software, and test equipment were designed and built by required need dates. • Provided financial and schedule management of Program Cost and Packages. Provided leadership and direction for continuous operational improvements and test efficiencies.
1988 - 1995 Electrical Vehicle Engineer
• Responsible Spacecraft Electrical Engineer for Integration, Test, and Launch. • Required a thorough knowledge of all satellite systems including electrical power, attitude control, telemetry and command, and communication payloads. • Responsible for all testing performed, data reviews, data buyoff, and Spacecraft Schedule. • Interfaced directly with the Electrical Test Crew, Mechanical Crew, System Engineering, Spacecraft Management, and the Spacecraft's Customer. • Prepared reports and briefings for SS/L management and Customers on satellite technical issues, Spacecraft operations, and progress. • Generated required test procedures, software, and Spacecraft test script files. • Lead troubleshooting efforts for any anomalies. • Other responsibilities included the day to day coordination, supervision, and scheduling of the electrical test crews in the performance of the satellite test efforts. This effort encompassed the entire production of the satellite from preliminary integration, thermal vacuum, RF compact range, acoustics, vibration, and final launch base operations. United States Navy
1982 - 1988 Electronic Technician U.S. Navy | Pearl Harbor/HI Component Level Repair, Troubleshooting, schematics, engineering. Worked to maintain and repair ground stations, ships, and submarines. Supervisor at maintenance and repair facilities throughout the Island. Suppport vendors with design issues and acceptance
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.