PhD Head of Data Science / Artificial Intelligence Nationality: British
CAREER OBJECTIVES Astrophysicist, trained Data Scientist, and qualified Corporate and Executive Coach with extensive commercial experience. Focused on strategic development of businesses, specialising in the evolution and delivery of cutting-edge technologies. A highly experienced and acclaimed public speaker and science and technology evangelist, passionate about managing and growing successful multi-disciplined teams.
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
• 12 years of Scientific Research Experience
• Peer Reviewed Astrophysicist: Stellar Evolution
• Programming Languages: Python (Beg), Scikit-learn Java(Beg), CSS, HTML, XML, Shell Scripting C-shell/Bash
• Typesetting/Editing Software: LaTex, Emacs, Vi
• Mathematical and Statistical Methods: Time-series Analysis, Monte-Carlo Simulations, Bootstrapping, Linear Regression, Clustering, K-means, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
• Cloud Computing: AWS and Azure
• Project Management Systems: Teamwork, Confluence, Jira
• Version Control Software: BitBucket, Github • In-depth understanding of Big Data Concepts
• 10 years of Public Speaking: to a variety of audiences, from academic conferences, business summits to public outreach
• 4 years of Workshop Delivery: including; professional development, leadership skills, communication and interpersonal skills
• 4 years of Project Management: Prince2, Agile and Scrum Methodology
• 5 years Neuro-Linguistic Programming Coach: Personal & Professional Development
• 5 years Qualified Corporate and Executive Coach: Leadership Development, Team Coaching, Change Management, Career Development
• 4 years Social Media Content Creation: including writing on LinkedIn, company sites and international newspapers
2016 – Present: Head of Artificial Intelligence – Simudyne, UK Incorporated Artificial Intelligence into Providence. Company PaaS incorporating Human Intelligence and AI to help businesses make better decisions. Based on the Java and Lift/Scala stack.
• Lead and managed the Development team to ensure Providence fulfilled specific needs and exceeded customer expectations, with a view to fulfilling potentially wider applications. Clients included Thales, PWC and Exxon Mobile
• Worked with the software development team, to define and help deliver functionality around machine learning and advance analytics
• Responsible for strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities
• Directed Senior staff to acquire necessary resources and ensure development team are working efficiently in order to complete projects within budget and time-frame
• Formulated long-term objectives and standards of performance for the Development team
2014 – 2016: Business Development, Community Manager, Data Science Trainer and Mentor – Pivigo, UK Pivigo are responsible for the delivery of S2DS (Science to Data Science) – Europe’s largest Data Science Bootcamp.
• Increased client portfolio base by over 20%: Clients including Marks and Spencer’s, British Gas Connected Homes Division, Royal Mail
• Developed S2DS (Science to Data Science) Curriculum
• Mentored and led Data Science teams (totalling 35 people) and projects for Stratified Medical, BSD Studios, RefME, AT Kearney, NCVO, Bright North, Opensensors
2014: Data Science Intern at Digital Shadows, UK Part of Science 2 Data Science (S2DS) by Pivigo Ltd., worked with Cyber Security firm – Digital Shadows. Implemented NLP – Natural Language Processing and ML – Machine Learning techniques with Python to develop algorithms to enhance cyber intelligence systems. Final algorithm presented was able to reduce analyst verification by 76% time, whilst at the same time not missing a single critical case. Results led to the full scale production and implementation of required algorithms.
2013 – 2014: Employment/Careers Advisor – Ingeus, London, UK
• Consultant for a private corporation delivering the government endorsed Welfare to Work Programme
• Organise and maintained caseload of 200+ clients with tailored one-to-one advisor and consultation services
• Liaison role included daily communications with external specialist, company partners and government organisations
• Created and delivered workshops and events focused on employment
2011 – 2013: Corporate Executive Coach and Trainer for Scientists and Engineers – New Century Icon, Stevenage, UK Running own company was set up to deliver tailor-made coaching services for scientists and engineers from entry level to C-suit. Areas of expertise; Career Development, Leadership Development, Team Management, Change Management.
2009: PhD Astrophysics University of Warwick, UK Thesis: The Orbital Period Distribution of Cataclysmic Variables from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS) The Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS) is a multi-national project considered to be “one of the most ambitious and influential surveys in the history of astronomy” gathering data of over 350 million celestial objects. Work culminated in the provision of the first empirical evidence for 'Standard Theory of Cataclysmic Variable Evolution', pursued by scientists for over 25 years.
• Acquired, processed and analysed data and results from both ground-based and space-based telescopes
• Programming and utilising specialised astronomical software in conjunction with tailor-made programming
• Created and developed models based on visual and statistical data
2004: MSc Astrophysics University of Hertfordshire, UK Master’s Thesis: A Near-Infrared Study of the Monoceros R2 Star Forming Region.
2003: BSc (Hons) 2:1, Astrophysics University of Hertfordshire, UK Final Project: The Effects of Collisions on the Rotational Dynamics of Astronomical Bodies
2016: Certificates: Master Practitioner of NLP; Master NLP Coach; Master Practitioner of Hypnosis; Master Practitioner of Time-line Therapy Helford 2000, London, UK
2011: Diploma: Corporate Executive Coaching – Distinction The Coaching Academy, London, UK
2011: Certificates: Practitioner of NLP; NLP Coach; Practitioner of Hypnosis; Practitioner of Time-line Therapy Helford 2000 – London, UK
2010: Certificate: PRINCE2 Foundation Qualification in Project Management SkillSolve London, UK
AWARDS AND INDUSTRY ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
• 2015: Fellow of Royal Astronomical Society London, UK
• 2015: BBC’s Make It Digital Ones to Watch: Top 10 Digital Influencer, UK: A listener-nominated project from BBC Radio 5 live to identify the top ten digital influencers in the UK: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1gbxKpN91hN5rlvXLDjjdYx/5-live-ones-to-watch
• 2015: Created and launched Business, Analytics and Data Science Meetup Group Sponsored by Pivigo, London: An Industry first, where organisations are brought together in the spirit of innovation to discuss Business/Use cases and best practices in relation to the world of Data Science
• 2015: Created and Launched UK’s first Data Science Ambassador Programme, UK: Promoting awareness of and evangelising about Data Science as a career across UK Universities and Academia
• 2014: Member of finalist team in KPMG presentation competition: Presenting the application of Machine Learning in the Cyber Security sector
• 2014: Tech London Advocate London, UK
HOBBIES Obstacle course racing, running, crossfit, astrophotography, writing, painting.
REFERENCES Can be obtained on request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.