Date of Birth: 7th January 1983
Science and engineering professional with several years experience in high paced research and development posts; demonstrating the ability and versatility to adapt to any task. Now seeking a new challenge, whilst making a positive contribution to the science sector.
2012 TO PRESENT
The Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL) is one of the national scientific research laboratories in the UK operated by the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC). RAL Space is a division of the laboratory which undertakes world-leading space research and technology development.
Optical Systems Engineer
My position at RAL Space involves working as a part of multidisciplinary teams providing expertise in optical systems on a number of projects including:
• SPICE- A European Space Agency (ESA) funded project, developing an imaging spectrometer which will operate at extreme ultra violet wavelengths. This is to be a part of the ESA Solar Orbiter due for launch in 2017.
• ISS Cameras- The development of two Earth observing (5m and 10m resolutions) cameras, which are on-board the International Space Station. This is work for a private company URTHECAST; they were launched and installed in October 2013.
• WEAVE- This is a project funded by several international research and governing bodies. Weave is an addition to the William Herschel Telescope in La Palma; it will allow the spectral mapping of specifically chosen celestial objects. It is due to be on sky in 2017.
2010 TO 2012
Cymtec is a product development company, specialising in optical systems particularly relating to LED and Laser technologies. As an SME, Cymtec distinguishes itself by working closely with customers from conception to manufacture to create application specific designs. Recent projects have been used in medical and digital projection markets.
Design and Development Manager
In a dynamic R&D and manufacture environment I’ve been required to take on an extensive number of responsibilities and develop skills in many areas. My main role was:
• Project management
• Optical design
• Collaboration with universities and companies for development of new technologies
• Product development
ENFIS 2005 TO 2009
Enfis is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of intelligent High Power LED arrays and smart light engines. Enfis has developed market ready light engines and systems for entertainment lighting, architectural lighting, projection and LCD, sensing and curing, medical applications, industrial and aerospace lighting.
Research and Development Engineer
In a R&D and manufacture facility the role required many skill sets and I was involved in all technical aspects of the business. My main role was:
• Experimental research into thermal, electrical, mechanical, and optical aspects of products
• Management of technicians and clean room area
VISITING FELLOW: CENTRE FOR ULTRA-REALISTIC IMAGING
2016 TO PRESENT
2010 TO 2015
University of Hertfordshire
2002 TO 2005
1999 TO 2001
1994 TO 1999
PAPERS AND CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
• Optical alignment of the SPICE EUV imaging spectrometer
• Coronal and heliospheric imagers for solar wind phenomena
• The design of the WEAVE Spectrograph
• Project overview and update on WEAVE
• SPICE EUV spectrometer for the Solar Orbiter mission
• Updated optical design of WEAVE spectrograph for ground-based astronomy
• Development and evaluation of a light emitting diode endoscope light source
• LED multiplexing
• Radiation generating apparatus and a method of generating radiation
• Cavity constrained radiation generating apparatus
My hobbies include a lot of outdoor activities such as surfing, skiing, and mountain biking.
Other activities I enjoy are socialising, I play squash and a 6 a side football most weekends, I am also a big Cardiff Blues fan.
Keen traveller; I’ve visited many countries across Europe, several parts of the US, Canada, South America, New Zealand and places in Asia.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.