I am a practical, resourceful and dependable individual, with excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude. I am currently studying for a BSc(Hons) in Mathematics and Physics with the Open University with an intent for postgraduate study in aeronautical engineering; this study builds on my experience of working in a high pressure environment in the UK armed forces, honing my organisational skills and self discipline whilst demonstrating my self motivation. These attributes stem from previous roles within the UK armed forces as a Royal Engineer and as an RAF Intelligence Officer. Eleven years in the armed forces have been invaluable in my development as a team player, having both led and followed. My attention to detail and ability to follow instructions were honed by experience of mechanical, electrical and tool maintenance on a multi-discipline worksite as a Royal Engineer; I developed an analytical approach, a desire for complex problem solving with strong written and oral communication skills from my time with the RAF. I am confident that my natural drive as well as my skill set and logical analysis of problems make me well suited for a role within the space industry.
Royal Air Force Mar 10 - Sep 15
Joint Force Air Component Headquarters Staff -Flight Lieutenant - Staff Officer Intelligence, Analysis, Collation and Fusion.
· Responsible for leading the Analysis, Collation and Fusion section for the UK's Air Component Commander.
· Worked on the Air/Space operations floor as the Senior Duty Intelligence Officer, planning air operations.
· Day to day delivery of military intelligence to the HQ staff and senior military officers, providing air/space minded analysis and perspective.
· Planned exercises to maintain operational capability and training.
· Adapted to a last minute deployment to Saudi Arabia whilst continuing to provide timely intelligence.
Joint Tactical Exercise Planning Staff - Flight Lieutenant - Staff Officer Intelligence and Scenario
· Provided training to approx. 15,000 NATO service personnel through planning exercise “Joint Warrior”, the largest live military exercise in Western Europe, bringing together all three UK armed services with multinational forces, numerous warships, aircraft, marine forces and troops.
· Introduced the Space operational environment to Joint Warrior for the first time, exercising the UK Space Operations Coordination Centre with other joint and NATO forces
· Led team of 18 analysts during execution phase of Joint Warrior.
RAF Brize Norton Operations Wing - Flight Lieutenant - Deputy Station Intelligence Officer
· Second in command of military intelligence at the UK's largest front line military airbase.
· Responsible for the leadership of 7 airmen and briefing aircrew on missions in Afghanistan, Libya, Mali etc.
· Understanding of flight safety issues.
· Supported senior staff in their managerial role and decision making in a time effective manner.
· Day to day support and planning of routine air operations; 24/7 support to the UK Quick Reaction Alert (QRA) tanker aircraft, providing direct support for the UK air policing mission.
Al Udied Combined Air/Space Operation Centre, Qatar - Flying Officer to Flight Lieutenant - Deputy Chief, Unit Support
· Analysis and delivery of time critical/life preserving intelligence to front line flying units in Afghanistan and the wider Middle East; post-flight analysis of complex surface to air engagements from imperfect data, including flight paths.
· Led 5 US air force personnel on night shift, working on the USAF air and space operations floor.
· Liaison officer for the UK contingent on the Air/Space operations floor and USAF space operations desk.
· Provided intelligence and analysis to US and UK Generals.
Royal Air Force - Air Warfare Centre, RAF Waddington- Flying Officer - Duty Intelligence Watch Officer
· Junior Officer responsible for RAF's 24/7 air/space intelligence monitoring capability.
· Provided round the clock intelligence support to the defence of UK airspace using the QRA.
· Single point of contact for the RAF Intelligence branch.
· Provided support to deployed and UK based flying units.
· In-depth analysis of air and space related intelligence.
· Briefed senior air intelligence officers on a daily basis.
Oct 04 - May 08
Royal Engineers - 21 Royal Engineer Regiment, Iraq - Sapper – Royal Engineer
· Field engineering on deployed operations; construction of watchtowers and training facilities, use of mobile generators and interpretation of technical drawings under time and operational pressure.
· Experience of mechanical, electrical and tool maintenance on a multi-discipline worksite.
· Regular use of heavy machinery, power and hand tools in extremely difficult environmental conditions.
· Interpret direction from senior non-commissioned officers, drawings and plans to solve engineering problems.
· Maintenance of tools and tool stores, ability to operate safely.
Key Skills: - Reliable, Adaptable, Problem Solving, Logical, Team Player, Self-Motivated, Efficient, Prioritisation, Multi-Tasking, Strong Leadership Skills, Safety Minded, Excellent Communication Skills, Articulate, Flexible, Patient, Analytical, Battlefield First Aid, Radio Operation, Field Living, Construction, Time-keeping, Basic Conversational German and Basic Arabic, Top Secret Strap II Clearance.
Computer Skills: - Microsoft Office, Personnel and Project Management software (ORACLE/JPA, STARS), LaTeX, Mathematica, ASCIIMath, Geoviewer, Google Earth, i2 Analyst Notebook, mIRC chat, C2 Core (Including TBMCS & ISR planner).
Early Employment History
British Army - Royal Engineers - 21 Royal Engineer Regiment, Germany - Sapper - Royal Engineer Aug 07 - Oct 08
British Army - Royal Engineers - Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (Militia) – Sapper Dec 06 - Aug 07
British Army - University of Wales Officer Training Corps - Swansea - Officer Cadet Oct 04 - Aug 07
Open University - BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Physics Sep 2013 - c. 2018 Currently Studying S217 Physics: From Classical to Quantum module
Swansea University - BA International Relations - 2:2 Sep 04 - May 07
1997-2004 A Levels – History, Maths and Physics – D, D, E
GCSEs – 10 GCSEs B-D (including Maths, English & Science)
Oxford University – Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Physics) Sep 15 - Feb 16
Reading University – Physics Skills Knowledge Enhancement Course May 15 - Aug 15
Joint Force Air Component Headquarters Staff May 14 - Sep 15 Air Operations Planning course, Joint Force Air Component HQ Staff course, Junior Officer Development Programme (part 2) and the Unit Security Officer course.
Joint Tactical Exercise Planning Staff Feb 14 - May 14 Targets Acquaintanceship course at RAFC Cranwell, Space Operations Foundation Course at RAF Fylingdales.
RAF Brize Norton Operations Wing Jun 11 - Feb 13 Junior Officer Development Programme (part 1).
Defence School of Intelligence, Chicksands, Bedfordshire
Sep 09 - Mar 10 Training in briefing skills, electronic, air & space warfare, analysis, efficient communication, principles of flight.
Royal Air Force College Cranwell – Initial Officer Training
Oct 08 - Sep 09 Leadership Training – Management, decision making, problem solving, public speaking, first aid, field communication.
Dec 06 – Oct 08 Field engineering, tool use and maintenance, construction, fabrication, demolitions, large equipment/vehicle handling, equipment/non-equipment bridge construction, problem solving, field communications, first aid.
Referees: Are available upon request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.