Fields of interest:
-Information retrieval and electromagnetic modeling;
-Synthetic Aperture Radar;
-Global Navigation Satellite Systems - Reflectometry (GNSS-R).
- 2010 - present : Assistant professor in applied electromagnetics. Department of Engineering, Parthenope, University of Naples, Napoli, Italy
- 2013 - present : Guest professor in Microwave remote sensing of coastal zones. College of Marine Science, Shanghai Ocean University, Shanghai, China
- 2009 -2010: Postdoc in Polarimetric SAR for oil slick observation. Parthenope, University of Naples, Napoli, Italy
2005 - 2008 : PhD in Telecommunication Engineering, Parthenope, University of Naples, Napoli, Italy
2003 - 2005 : MSc in Telecommunication Engineering (Summa cum laude), Parthenope, University of Naples, Napoli, Italy
2000 - 2003: BSc in Telecommunication Engineering (Summa cum laude), Parthenope, University of Naples, Napoli, Italy
Teaching at University of Naples Parthenope: Electromagnetic networks (2010), Numerical methods for electromagnetics (2011-2014), Microwave (since 2015).
Teaching at 2nd level Italian Space Agency (ASI) Master degree: SAR for marine applications (2010-2011)
Referee: IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, IEEE Transaction on Geoscience and Remote Sensing (TGRS), IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters (GRSL), IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observation (JSTARS), IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS) since 2008, IET Radar Sonar & Navigation, International Journal of Remote Sensing (IJRS), Remote Sensing of Environment, Progress in Electromagnetic Research (PIERS), Remote Sensing Letters.
Supervisor of several MSc thesis in applied remote sensing.
He is in the board of the PhD School of Information Engineering, Dipartimento di Ingegneria, Universit`a di Napoli Parthenope
PhD tutor: A. Buono, E. Ferrentino, PhD in Information Engineering (XXIX 2014-2016, XXXI 2016-2019, respectively) at University of Naples Parthenope.
2014: IEEE Senior member
2012: Latmiral Prize Provided by Italian Society of Electromagnetics (SIEm) to authors under 35 years old presenting the best poster at RiNEm Conference.
2009: Sebetia-Ter 2009 Endorsed by the President of the Italian Republic.
2004: 2003 Best Remote Sensing Thesis Award Provided by the IEEE GRS South Italy Chapter
- Danmarks Meteorologiske Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark (Spatial resolution enhancement techniques for coastal area products)
- College of Marine Science, Shanghai Ocean University, Shanghai, China (Coastline extraction using X-band SAR data)
- Department of Earth and Atmospheric Science, City College of New York, New York, USA (Remote sensing of sea ice)
- Department of Physic Engineering, Helsinki University of Technology, Espoo, Finland (Wave polarization)
- Laboratoire de Telécommunications & Télédétection, Université Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-neuve, Belgium (Microwave scattering from randomly rough surfaces)
- National Oceanographic Centre of Southampton, Southampton, UK (Optical remote sensing of sea oil slicks)
Research project he participated:
- PI - ESA Support to the training of European young scientists in the framework of the Dragon cooperation 2013-2016 (Dragon 3) A PhD course is co-funded by ESA on the subject: “Polarimetric scattering models and techniques to exploit Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) polarimetric and compact-polarimetric (CP) architectures for sea oil slick observation”
- PI - RADARSAT-2 Science and Operational Applications Research (SOAR) EI:
“RadarSAT-2 polSAR data for coastal zone monitoring”
- PI - The 4th ALOS Research Announcement for ALOS-2: “Multi-polarization PALSAR-2 SAR data for oil field and sea ice observation”
- PI - ESA-NERSCC ESA-MOST Dragon-3 Cooperation Programme: “Research on E↵ective Remote Sensing Image Processing Technologies and Methodologies for Oil Spill Monitoring”
- Unit member - ESA Project “PolSARap: Polarimetric SAR Apps Demonstration”. Unit member - ESA-CSA SOAR Project “Multi-polarization approaches for oil spills and vessels detection in polarimetric SAR data”.
- Unit member - AO Italian Space Agency (ASI) Cosmo SkyMed Project “Improvement of oceanic modeling for coastal management by means of COSMO- SkyMed SAR data”.
- Unit member - AO Italian Space Agency (ASI) Cosmo SkyMed Project “SAR Remote sensing for sea oil spill observation”.
2013 Université Pierre & Marie Curie, Laboratoire d’Oceanographie et du Climat Experimentation et Approaches Numeriques (LOCEAN), Paris, France: “Recent advances on sea oil slick observation using polarimetric SAR data”.
2012 Shanghai Ocean University (SHOU), College of Marine Science, China: “RADAR remote sensing for marine applications”.
2012 Beihang University, School of Electronic and Information Engineering, Beijing, China: “Oil at sea observation by polarimetric SAR data”.
2011 European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA), Lisbon, Portugal: “SAR sea oil field monitoring: an operational view”
2011 Centro Interforze Telerilevamento Satellitare Aeroporto “M. De Bernardis”, Pomezia, Rome: “COSMO-SkyMed for targets at sea detection purposes”.
2009 Department of Electronics, Politecnico di Torino, Turin, Italy: “Multi-polarization model for sea surface scattering: sea oil slick observation”.
2009 Department of Electronics, Politecnico di Torino, Turin, Italy: “Single-polarization em models for rough surface scattering: the sea surface scenario”.
2009 Department of Earth and Atmospheric Science, City College of New York, New York, USA: “RADAR polarimetry for environmental applications: sea oil slick observation”.
2008 Helsinki University of Technology, Optical Department, Humaljarvi, Finland: “Polarimetry for SAR sea oil slick observation”.
2008 Department of Physics Engineering, Helsinki University of Technology, Espoo, Finland: “Brand results in single- and multi-polarization sea oil slick observation”.
2007 Parthenope University of Naples, Department of Technology - IEEE Student Branch: “Sea Surface Scattering: the BPM approach”.
2007 Université Catholique de Louvain, Laboratoire de Telécommunications & Télédétection, Louvain-la-neuve, Belgium: “SAR sea surface waves imaging”.
2005 National Oceanographic Centre of Southampton (NOCS), UK: “SAR ocean surface applications”.
Coneferences attended as presenter:
2015 ESA-MOST Dragon 3 Conference, Interlaken, Switzerland
2014 MSA-IMO-IPIECA International Oil Spill Response Technical Seminar, Yantai, China
2013 ESA-MOST Dragon 3 Conference, Palermo, Italy
2013 PolInSAR’13 Conference, ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy 2012 IEEE IGARSS’12 Conference, Munich, Germany
2011 PolInSAR’11 Conference, ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy 2010 SeaSAR’10 Conference, ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
2009 IEEE IGARSS’09 Conference, Cape Town, South Africa 2009 PolInSAR’09 Conference, ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy 2008 IEEE IGARSS’08 Conference, Boston, USA
2008 IEEE GOLD Conference, ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy 2008 SeaSAR’08 Conference, ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
2007 IEEE IGARSS’07 Conference, Barcelona, Spain
2007 PolInSAR’07 Conference, ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
Session chair/co-chair at international conferences:
2015 IEEE Young Professionals Conference 2015, Barcelona, Spain 2015 IEEE IGARSS’15 Conference, Milan, Italy
2013 ESA-MOST Dragon 3 Conference, Palermo, Italy
2013 PolInSAR’13 Conference, ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
2012 IEEE IGARSS’12 Conference, Munich, Germany 2008 IEEE IGARSS’08 Conference, Boston, USA
Organization of conferences:
2016 IEEE Young Professionals Poster and Demo session at “2nd International Forum on Research and Technologies for Society and Industry (RTSI 2016)” University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy, 7-9 September, 2016.
2015 IEEE Young Professionals Conference on Remote Sensing Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain, December 3-4, 2015.
2015 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS) 2015 Convention Center, Milan, Italy, July 26-31, 2015.
2014 IEEE Graduate of the Last Decade (GOLD) Conference Maritim Hotel Berlin, 5-6 June 2014.
2012 IEEE Graduate of the Last Decade (GOLD) Conference National Research Council (CNR), Rome, Italy, 4-5 June 2012.
2010 IEEE GOLD Conference Italian Naval Academy, Livorno, Italy, 29-30 April 2010. 2008 IEEE GOLD Conference ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy, 22-23 May, 2008.
Brief description of the research activities:
His research activities include both theoretical and applicative aspects related to electromagnetics: single- and multi-polarization models to describe sea surface scattering with and without oil slicks and metallic targets, fading and speckle models, Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) sea surface waves imaging, multi-polarization SAR to retrieve coastline, spatial resolution enhancement of microwave radiometer measurements, Global Navigation Satellite Systems - Reflectometry (GNSS-R), SAR polarimetry to retrieve crop phenological stages, wave polarization and interpolation of stochastic fields. The theoretical models he developed to deal with single- and multi-polarization sea surface scattering with and without oil slicks and metallic targets resulted in applicative techniques that triggered new added-values SAR products.
His research activities are well documented by about 50 scientific papers published on peer-reviewed journals and more than 90 scientific papers published on refereed conferences.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.