16 years of experience covering all phases of spacecraft operations from factory test to end of life disposal. Roles included test director, rehearsal engineer, simulation engineer, spacecraft controller, ACS engineer, orbit analyst, ground software regression test team lead, and spacecraft command scripts development team lead. Supported 5 transfer orbit / in orbit test missions, and 11 on orbit operational satellites.
Lockheed Martin Space Systems @ Sunnyvale, CA July 2007 – Present
Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) – 4 geosynchronous communications satellites
• Spacecraft Command Script Development Team Lead: Led team (~10) that wrote, reviewed, and tested the OS/COMET satellite commanding scripts that execute normal operations and contingency procedures (200 per satellite). Also, led small team (1-3) to develop transfer orbit and in orbit test commanding scripts.
• Test Director: Led shifts of factory compatibility testing between spacecraft in factory and operational satellite operations center, including commanding and telemetry key verification
• Rehearsal Engineer: Planned rehearsal timelines and anomalies. Ran team through simulated operations including anomalies. Evaluated team performance.
• System Engineer: Wrote, peer reviewed, PERB, and delivered CDRL documents
• Simulation Engineer: Created, tested, and ran simulations using custom simulation software
• Spacecraft Controller: Ran in orbit test satellite operations
General Dynamics – Naval Satellite Operations Center @ Pt Mugu, CA Jan 2001 – July 2007
Ultra High Frequency Follow-On (UFO) – 11 geosynchronous communications satellites
• Spacecraft Controller: Planned and ran routine operations on a constellation of 11 geosynchronous multi-band communications satellites and 1 EHF payload hosted in a Molniya orbit. Recovered from anomalies. Executed one transfer orbit / in orbit test mission
• ACS: Analyzed telemetry. Compiled quarterly reports. Supported anomaly recoveries
• Orbit Analyst: Determined orbits. Planned maneuvers for longitude, eccentricity, & inclination control, relocation, collision avoidance, and end of life
• Ground System Regression Test Team Lead: Led team (~6) regression testing satellite operations ground system software
C, C++, FORTRAN, Perl, Scheme/LISP, UNIX, VMX/VAX, Visual Basic, HTML, OS/COMET CCL, Clearcase, and Clearquest.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL
Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, May 1996 AE GPA: 3.74/4
Minor in Computer Science, May 1996 CS GPA: 3.39/4
LM: MUOS Program Employee of the Month (x2)
o June 2013: Developed a commanding script for a rapid recovery from CPU SEU.
o July 2008: Developed a relocation maneuver commanding script.
Program Quarterly Award for Teamwork (x6), IISME Certificate of Appreciation (x2)
GD: Teamwork Awards (x3), Stellar Awards (x1), and Excellence Awards (x2) for anomaly recovery, training, and launch
Dean’s List (x3)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.