· 25+ years of technical, spacecraft/payload design, operations, consulting, and management experience in the Electronics/Aerospace/Satellite industry with Hughes Aircraft Company, Lockheed Martin Corporation, and Vencore Inc. (formerly a division of Lockheed Martin)
· Major System Acquisition expertise as a developer and customer
· Excellent technical, leadership and communications skills
· Ability to lead by example and maximize the effectiveness of an organization
· Ability to effectively manage contract/project requirements, budgets, and schedules
· Extensive Technical & Management Training through the Lockheed Martin Professional Development Institute
Senior Engineer/Manager 2005-present Lockheed Martin Corporation & Vencore Inc. United Kingdom
· Senior Consultant & Technical Director for Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) activities at US/UK Mission Ground Station
· Responsible for acquisition oversight of major satellite communication systems and associated ground processing equipment
· Responsible for full life cycle management of new acquisitions including:
§ Concept Definition
§ Concept of Operations
§ System Requirements Definition
§ Preliminary and Critical Designs
§ Software/Hardware Development
§ System Verification, Validation, and Test (VV&T)
§ Launch and on-orbit VV&T
§ Operations & Maintenance
§ Changes and Upgrades
· Responsible for the integration of complex operational systems into the technical baseline of an extremely large data center
· Functional Manager for forward-deployed scientists and engineers at 8 locations world-wide
· Program Management: Cost, Schedule, and Performance responsibilities
· Responsible for development of organizational strategic plans
Engineering Manager 1994-2005 Lockheed Martin Corporation United Kingdom
· Responsible for providing management, leadership, and technical direction to a group of 28 scientists and engineers assigned to support the acquisition and development of new satellite communications systems (space & ground)
· Responsible for the analysis of the operational health and safety of multiple satellite communications systems (space & ground)
· Dual role as Deputy Operations Manager responsible for ~125 24/7 employees
· Responsible for the development of a robust Anomaly Response Process for space and ground systems
· Project management responsibilities including generation of proposals (cost plus and fixed price), requirements definition, scheduling, budget tracking, resource management, etc.
· Responsible for successful restructuring of contract baseline (organizational restructuring and strategic planning)
· Subcontract management
· Responsible for definition, concept of operations, staffing, and management of System Quality Analysis (SQA) operational activities
· Responsible for requirements definition and development of analysis tools to support real-time system performance activities
Engineering Group Lead 1988-1994 Hughes Aircraft Co. Los Angeles, CA
· Responsible for technical direction and leadership of Hughes’ Space and Communications engineering team responsible for test and analysis of major satellite communications systems
· Responsible for the design and development of test equipment used for performance verification of satellite payload systems
· Responsible for development of engineering requirements and design of HS-601 3-axis satellite payload systems
Member of Technical Staff 1986-1988 Hughes Aircraft Co. Tucson, AZ
· Responsible for system verification of test equipment associated with Hughes’ Phoenix and AMRAAM Air Intercept Missile (AIM) systems
US Citizen with permanent UK Work VISA
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, (BSEE), Electromagnetics emphasis, South Dakota State University, 1986 (w/ further degrees in Math and Computer Science)
Lockheed Martin Professional Development Programs
· International Business Operations 2010 LM Corp. HQ, Bethesda, MD
· Management Assessment and Development Institute 2003 LM Corp. HQ, Bethesda, MD
· Program Management 201 Comprehensive View 2002 LM, Portsmouth, England
· Management Strategies Program I 2001 Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh, PA
· Program Management 101 Core Skills 2000 LM, Sunnyvale, CA
· SEI CMMI for Systems Engineering 2000 LM, Harrogate, England
· Project Leadership Program 1998 LM, Cherry Hill, NJ
· STEP Leadership Training Program 1996 LM, Harrogate, England
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.