since April 2011 Sogeti High Tech, Blagnac (France)
Engineering Consultancy Stress Engineer – Team Leader – Permanent Contract Space Mechanism Engineer - Team Leader stress support and test preparation, post-processing and correlation on the composite wing-to-fuselage joint demonstrator ALCAS. Work in a NASTRAN/Patran environment (linear GFEM), Abaqus (non-linear DFEM) and dedicated tools. - Team Leader certification stress analysis of the hybrid metallic-composite components of the forward passenger door of a passenger airplane. Work in NASTRAN/Patran environment, ISAMI, with hand calculations and standard methodologies (Bruhn, Niu, Airbus, etc.) - Airbus Approved Trainer on «Composite Wing Boxes». - Support of the space mechanisms team at Airbus Defence and Space (former Astrium): dynamics and kinematics of mechanisms, lubrication and space tribology, characterization and control of pointing defects and optical path analysis of satellite-borne instruments. Work in a Matlab environment and dedicated tools. - Stress support for an in-service Airbus transport airplane.
September 2010 – March 2011 ECM, Blagnac (France)
Engineering Consultancy Stress Engineer – Team Leader – Permanent Contract Team Leader stress analysis on the composite flap fairings of a passenger airplane for Maturity-C/CDR. Work in NASTRAN/Patran environment, ISAMI, with hand calculations and standard methodologies (Bruhn, Niu, Airbus, etc.).
April 2009 – September 2010 Geci Systèmes, Paris / SkyAircraft, Chambley-Bussières (Lorraine)
Engineering Consultancy Stress Engineer– Permanent Contract - Team Leader engine nacelle, engine mounts and flaps stress analysis of the light cargo airplane Skylander SK-105. Work in NASTRAN/Patran environment with hand calculations and standard methodologies (Bruhn, Niu, Airbus, etc.). Dynamics analysis, modal analysis, vibrations and resonances of the engine mount and struts.
May 2005-April 2009 Assystem Italia, Milan
Engineering Consultancy Contract Job Structure Analyst - Structural analysis at launch loads of some components of an equipment rack for the International Space Station European Columbus module. Work carried out in NASTRAN/FEMAP/Patran. - Preliminary dimensioning of the metallic components of the tail central box of a passenger airplane. - Structural analysis of the floor of a cargo airplane. Structural analysis in support of certification of the engine “nacelles” of a corporate jet. Analysis carried out in Patran/NASTRAN using standard spreadsheets and manual computation techniques. - Structural analysis in support of Critical Design Review (static, dynamic and frequency response) of some components of the composite engine nacelle of an airliner. Analysis carried out in Patran/NASTRAN using standard spreadsheets and manual computation techniques. - Structural analysis and support to repariment manuals of the metallic components of an airliner engine nacelle. - Structural analysis in support of certification of the engine nacelles of a twin-engined airliner jet. Analysis carried out in Patran/NASTRAN using standard spreadsheets and manual computation techniques.
March 2004 - May 2005 Eur.E.Ca Srl, Milan
Engineering Consultancy Contract Job Junior Structure Analyst - Structural analysis of the Indian BRNA freight wagon modified to accommodate rail-laying machines. - Structural analysis of composite panel and stretcher for an heli-ambulance. - Structural analysis of the Italian Le724 passenger wagon modified for medium range routes. - Structural analysis of different types of freight wagons for carrying truck trailers and containers. - Structural/thermal analysis of tanks for oil cracking stations. - Structural analysis of a telescopic lifting crane.
March 2001 – March 2004 Brime Italia Spa, Milano
Engineering Consultancy Permanent Job Mechanical designer (CAD) and Analyst - Leader of a four people team designing the structures of the whole coaches of the new Spanish Lanzaderas high speed train, to run the Madrid-Barcelona line starting in 2004. Work carried out in CATIA V422 using 3D modelling, surfaces, 2D drafting modules. Project DataManagement (PDM) was carried out in an Enovia VPM environment. - Structural analysis and validation of the landing gear actuation valve of the Agusta Bell AB139 helicopter. - Configuration study, structural analysis and validation of the in-flight refuelling probe of the Aermacchi M346 advanced jet trainer and its composite aerodynamic fairing. - Project of the pneumatic system of the Italian Bari Nord and Trento Male' regional trains.
Education and training
1990-2000 Politecnico di Milano Aerospace Engineering Laurea degree in Aerospace Engineering The graduation thesis examined the minimum energy trajectory problem of a four degree of freedom robotic manipulator to be built by the Italian Space Agency ASI as a contribute to the unmanned space probe exploration initiative of the planet Mars. To do this, it was necessary to study the geometry, kinematic and dynamics of the manipulator.
- 11 years experience Patran/NASTRAN and FEMAP/Visual NASTRAN FEM structural analysis softwares. Analysis of metallic and composite components. Analyses: linear static, non-linear, modal, frequency response, buckling etc. - 2 years experience on Abaqus non-linear FEM software. - Good Knowledge of standard aeronautical calculation methodologies (Bruhn, Niu, Boeing, Airbus, etc.)
- 2 years experience on ISAMI, the standard Airbus analytical structural analysis software.
- Knowledge of standard Office/OpenOffice programs (including macro creation in excel)
- Good knowledge of numerical analysis software Matlab.
- CELF (Certificat d'Etudes de Langue Française) diploma obtained in October 1993.
- Certificate of attendance to the course "Mission analysis for space systems" held by Franco Ongaro of ESA hq at the Politecnico di Milano Department of Aerospace Engineering from May 22 to 26, 1995.
- Author of the books “Lunar Exploration” and “Robotic Exploration of the Solar System – Part 1, 2, 3 and 4” for Springer Praxis (UK), published between 2004 and 2014.
- Author of the articles: “Earth and Space Science Payload of the Shen Zhou Orbital Modules”, Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, September/October 2004; “ESRO and the Deep Space: European Planetary Exploration Planning Before ESA”, Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, June 2006; “Europe's Arrows to the Sun: Two Gravity and Solar Probe proposals from ESRO and ESA”, Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, March 2008.
- Author of several articles on aeronautics, astronautics and astronomy for Italian popular science magazines.
- Italian mother language - Fluent French - Fluent English
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.