Spacecraft system engineer with extensive technical background - many years of experience in spacecraft/satellite engineering and scientific research within the space and defence industries, as well as design of commercial software used by hundreds of millions of end users.
- Detailed knowledge of the space industry.
- Excellent technical understanding of the Galileo FOC payload, with an emphasis on the navigation signals and related SW.
- Understanding of systems and requirements impacting generation of Galileo navigation signals (GMSS, GCSS, SIS, etc.).
- Ability to quickly understand new subjects and techniques, to identify key concepts and information, and to troubleshoot problems.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of spacecraft systems design, requirements engineering, application and interaction design, software design, testing and verification, along with the methods and software used.
- Work productively both independently and within teams.
- Effective management of multiple projects to time and budget within high-pressure environments. Ability to manage projects across global locations.
BSc (Hons) in Physics with Space Science.
SC (EU) Clearance
Space Systems, Systems Engineering, Requirements Engineering, Rational DOORS, Configuration Management, Technical Writing, User Interface Design, User Experience, Information Architecture, Product Design, Testing, Software Design, Software Verification, Product Lifecycle Management, Document Management, Localisation, Mobile Applications
GNSS Signals Verification & System Engineer, Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd
May 2011 – present
Engineering support for verification of payloads for Galileo FOC.
SW requirement analysis and verification for Galileo FOC and Eutelsat Quantum projects.
Engineering support for AOCS equipment procurement and testing.
Engineering support for bids and early phase projects, including Galileo.
Among other tasks, I am responsible for:
- Technical acceptance and verification of the Navigation Signal Generation Unit (NSGU), including NSGU SW.
- System level analysis of impacts due to payload units.
- Requirements management and verification of Galileo Payload Units (DOORS).
- Requirements management and verification of Quantum OBSW (DOORS NG).
- Investigation and resolution of anomalies, both during testing and in-orbit.
- Supporting test and launch campaigns.
- Specifications and requirements for future payload functionality.
I am actively involved in technical meetings, including formal reviews, with customers (including ESA) and suppliers.
Previous tasks while at SSTL have included:
- Configuration, design, administration and testing of engineering applications.
- Engineering support for Space Environment team (thermal analysis).
Senior Information Architect/User Interface Designer, Canonical, Skype, Vertu
September 2009 – May 2011 (contracts)
- Design and specification of new features for mobile and desktop applications.
- Improving user experience of applications, including analysis and testing of software.
- Investigation and resolution of software errors.
- Unifying user experience across multiple platforms. Included creating localisation databases.
- Production of user documentation for a worldwide customer base.
- Working alongside product marketing team with planning of future products.
User Experience Senior Specialist/Customisation Specialist, Mobile Communications Division, Toshiba
November 2006 – August 2009
Responsible for UI and user experience of Toshiba mobile phones.
Responsible for customisation and localisation of handset software, and production of user documentation.
- Proposal and evaluation of user interface improvements for future and ongoing projects.
- Review of user interface designs and concepts for future and ongoing projects. Benchmarking handsets and handset SW.
- Ownership and maintenance of the Toshiba European Requirements (TER) document. This included management of UI, hardware and software requirements.
- Management of customer UI requests and requirements.
- Providing core SW texts for implementation on handsets. Writing core user documentation. Managing localisation processes for SW and user documentation into up to 20 languages, often concurrently.
- Assisting with marketing, usability testing and market research.
Application Design Engineer, Orange (France Telecom)
2005 – 2006
User Interface Designer, Nokia
2003 – 2005
Senior Technical Writer/Customer Information Engineer, BAE SYSTEMS
2001 – 2002
Produced handbook suite for Sting Ray Mod 1 torpedo and Torpedo Launching System. Wrote and edited a wide range of documentation, from high-level command information to maintenance guidesheets.
Senior Scientific Officer, Defence Evaluation and Research Agency
1996 – 2001
Spacecraft & Navigation Systems Department
Research and development of microtechnologies for space applications
- Research and analysis to improve accuracy of existing micro Earth sensor design.
- Selection and design of interfaces for micro Sun and Earth sensors.
- Produced documentation for design and manufacture of micro Sun and Earth sensors.
- Collaboration with UK industry, including management of extramural contracts for sensor production.
- Assisted with other areas of MNT (micro-/nanotechnology) development, including nanosatellite launchers, microthrusters, and MEMS switches and phase shifters.
- Project Management for the micro/nanotechnology team.
- Produced customer reports and research papers, several of which were delivered at conferences across Europe and the US.
Skynet 5 requirements
- Requirements capture for Skynet 5 military communications satellites.
- Development of the IERs (Information Exchange Requirements) for Skynet 5 military communications satellites.
- Generation of IER databases.
- Use of in-house simulation methods and models to analyse payload designs based on requirements for communication services, as expressed by users.
- Support to UAV development.
T6 ion thruster
- Development and qualification of a flow sensor and flow controller for T6 ion thruster life tests.
Earlier work within Mine Warfare, Weapons and Countermeasures Department:
- Development of torpedo weapon fusing and counter-countermeasures.
- Used mix of theoretical modelling and analysis of real-life data to make improvements to detection and targeting algorithms.
- Planned and conducted sea trial using naval ships and submarines.
- Production of working papers and input to deliverable reports.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.