Italian, born in Naples, 08/11/1985
- Italian, mother tongue.
- English, fluent spoken and written.
- Spanish, fluent spoken, good written.
- French, poor spoken and written.
- Dutch, poor spoken and written.
- German, poor spoken and written.
- Professional use of Linux and Windows Machines
- Very good knowledge of Office package (Word, Excel)
- Programmer in IDL
- Basic knowledge of C, C++, Mathematica
- Good familiarity with programs for visual analysis of FITS files (ds9, fv, Aladin, Qfits).
-Certified basketball coach
- PhD degree cum laude at the Kapteyn Astronomical Institute, Groningen, The Netherlands,
Thesis: “The Initial Mass Function in Early-Type Galaxies”, Advisors: L.V.E. Koopmans, S.C.Trager
- Master’s Degree in Astrophysics and Space science, Federico II University of Naples, 2009, full marks and high honors (110/110 cum laude), Thesis: “2-D kinematical mapping of early- type galaxies with integral field spectroscopy”, Advisors: Prof. Massimo Capaccioli, Dr. Giovanni Covone.
- B.A. In Physics, Federico II University of Naples, 2006, full marks (110/110), Thesis: “Indicatori di distanza cosmologici” (Cosmological distance indicators), Advisor: Prof. Salvatore Capozziello
Cureent Academic Employment:
- MPA Postdoc Fellowship at the Max-Planck-Institut für Astrophysik (MPA), Garching bei München.
Projects Awards, Honors and Distinctions:
- Awarded a DARK-Carlsberg Foundation Fellow at the Niels Bohr Institute, U. of Copenhagen, 2016.
- Block Winter Award 2014 (ASPEN Winter Conference)
- Ubbo Emmius Scholarship for PhD research in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Groningen Graduate School of Science, 2009. Supervisors: L.V.E.Koopmans & S.C.Trager.
- Summer scholarship at Tor Vergata University of Rome, within the VIRGO research group, participation in the realization of ‘TCS, Thermal Compensation System’ for Virgo Advanced, Aug-Sept 2008, Supervisor: V. Fafone.
- ERASMUS scholarship program at the University of La Laguna, Tenerife, Canarias Islands, Sept-Feb 2005-6, Advisor: L.Smaldone
Observing Experience at Telescopes:
- VLT-ESO, X-shooter, Paranal Observatory, Chile, 2011
- Calar Alto Observatory, Spain, 2011
- Teide Observatory, IAC-80 telescope, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain, 2006
- Asiago Observatory, Italy, 2005
Pi and CoPi of several successful proposal for allocation of telescope time
Invited Talks, Public Talks, and Contributions at Scientific International Conferences
- 2014-2016 Co-supervising of a master student at the Kapteyn Institute. Co-supervisors: Scott C. Trager, Dr. Mariya Lyubenova. Student: Gerjon Mensinga
- Public Lecture at the “The Arnhem Section of the Royal Dutch Society for Weather- and Astronomy, 19 December 2012, “Unravelling the cosmic mysteries through Gravitational Lensing"
Attended Astrophysics Schools:
- XXIII Canary Islands Winter School of Astrophysics, Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, Spain, 14-25 Nov 2011
- NOVA Fall School, The Netherlands, 3-7 Oct 2011
- The Eighth NEON Observing School, Calar Alto, Spain, 17-27 June 2010
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.