A PMP and Doctorate degree holder with a combined experience in R&D as well as industrial project management in the leading telecom operators. Currently looking for an R&D/engineering/project management role in the field of telecommunications or space communications.
Kochi university of technology – Kochi, Japan
Doctorate of Engineering March 2017
A multidisciplinary research on wireless systems engineering including radio astronomy, upper atmospheric science and space communication in a low budget environment.
Aston University – Birmingham, UK
Masters in Telecommunications March 2010
Focusing on system design and engineering of various branches of the telecom industry including wireless networks, optical communications, satellite communications, digital transmission, data networks, and software engineering. Practical projects were part of all modules.
CAIRO UNIVERSITY – Cairo, Egypt
Bachelor in Communications Engineering. May 2004
M2M Senior Service Readiness Analyst Dec 2012 to 2014
vodafone Group – Cairo, Egypt – Newbury,UK
The world's leading mobile telecommunications company, with a significant presence across the globe.
Support the delivery of Vodafone Group Machine-to-Machine (M2M) services into the live environment through the facilitation of efficient and effective engagement between service operations and project/program management globally. Technical analysis of M2M solutions compatibility with different network architectures of the Vodafone Group operators. Liaise with global operation teams during the integration process of new M2M features.
Customer Project Manager Oct 2011 to Oct 2012
eServGlobal – Cairo, Egypt
Mobile money solutions and value added services (VAS) provider serving more than 80 customers
End-to-end project management of mobile money projects including project planning, budget planning, project implementation, project control, and final delivery of projects within customer's expectations of timeline, quality and budget. Liaise with software development teams through software development life cycle to ensure matching with the customer requirements. Participate in presales meeting and response to RFPs. Collaborate with account managers and marketing management to explore and develop strategies to expand sales and business opportunities.
Successful delivery of value added services bundle for Orange Egypt account including “Missed Call Alert (MCA)” service, “SMS gateway infotainment services” and “Collect-Call service”; a group of multimillion system integration projects implemented in multivendor scenario and covering more than 30 million subscribers.
Telecom Project Manager April 2010 to May 2011
INTEGRATED SERVICES SOLUTIONS (ISS Telecom) – Cairo, Egypt
Telecom Value Added Services (VAS) provider
Worked with the company Co-founders to establish a project management office “PMO” for the company. Participated in defining company internal processes and project life cycle, management of telecom projects end to end delivery and acted as the company spokesperson with customers.
Senior Core Network Project Manager July 2005 to July 2009
Orange eGYPT (Mobinil) – Cairo, Egypt
Leading Mobile Operator in Egypt, serving more than 30 million subscribers
Perform cellular core network planning, design and optimization. Interface planning to various network elements including access network, charging system, billing system, OSS/BSS, VAS network elements and transmission links. Support roll out from core network engineering perspective. Sending daily work orders to operation teams to balance, reroute and optimize traffic distribution. Management of large core network expansion projects, management of core network new technology projects. Vendors selection and management. Leading of RFI and RFP developments.
Managed the implementation of “Mobile Number Portability” project, allowing subscribers to port their personal numbers while changing networks. The project involved coordination with national regulator and other fixed and mobile operators to unify the solution, analysis of technical impact on traffic routing, coordination internally with all impacted teams (billing, IT, access network, charging systems, marketing) to ensure smooth transition, rollout activities and testing management.
• Interferometric radar systems design and data analysis.
• Planning and design of wireless networks i.e., cellular core networks, M2M and IoT wireless sensor networks, Ham-band radio, and Meteor burst communication.
• Intermediate level software developments using IDL, C++, Android.
• Management of projects with various technical background in matrix or projectized environment (PMP certified, ITIL Foundation certified).
• PMO activities including process optimization and coaching junior PMs.
• Agile project management techniques and software development life cycle management.
• Experience in planning projects in low budget environments and achieving the most output of it.
• Presentation skills: Ability to effectively present projects progress to stakeholders, customers or in international conferences.
• Writing skills: Professional writing of project technical/progress reports as well as technical writing in scientific journals.
• Experience in working with/managing global teams remotely, with proven adaptability to different cultural and business environments.
• Arabic: Mother Tongue.
• English: Fluent.
• Japanese: Basic conversations (JLPT N4 level).
• French: Basic conversations.
• Sports: Previous football player, hiking, golf, cycling, squash and horsing.
References on Request l Available for Relocation
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.