Date of birth: 02-05-1988
02/2014-present Astronomical Institute of the University of Bern (AIUB)
- Maintaining the internal space debris catalog. Requires routine orbit determination and data association.
- Aiding the team in optimising the routine data processing.
- Assisted in teaching the Astronomy I course. Created, distributed, and corrected students’ coursework (in German). Gave frequent question and answer sessions (both in English and German).
04/2013-09/2013 Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES)
Final Master internship in the Terrestrial and Planetary Geodesy department.
- Precise Orbit Determination of the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Mars Odyssey and Mars Global Surveyor Spacecraft.
- Estimation of seasonal gravity field variations by processing several years worth of data.
- Computation of exospheric densities to improve the DTM-Mars atmosphere model.
- Results were presented at the American Geophysical Union meeting in 2013.
02/2014-present Astronomical Institute of the University of Bern (AIUB/CNES/TAS)
PhD Candidate in Astronomy
- Funded by the AIUB, CNES, and Thales Alenia Space France (TAS).
- Performing innovative research on orbit determination and data association methods. The goal is to develop an algorithm capable of maintaining a catalog of space debris in the MEO and GEO regions in a robust and autonomous manner.
09/2011-09/2013 Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace (SUPAERO/ENSICA)
- Master of Science program in Aeronautical and Space Systems
- Major in Space Systems Engineering.
09/2006-07/2011 Technical University of Delft
Delft, the Netherlands
Bachelor of Science program in Aerospace Engineering
- Final design project: designing a propulsion system to enable manned missions to Mars. Responsible for orbital mechanics. Worked in a team of 10 students.
Advances in Space Research M. Zittersteijn, A. Vananti, T. Schildknecht, J.C. Dolado Perez, V. Martinot, Associating optical measurements of MEO and GEO objects using Population-Based Meta-Heuristic methods, 2016 (In Press).
Proceedings of KEPASSA M. Zittersteijn, A. Vananti, T. Schildknecht, J.C. Dolado-Perez, V. Martinot, A study of the time complexity of an Elitist Genetic Algorithm used for associating optical observations of MEO and GEO Space Debris. Toulouse, France, 2015.
Proceedings of 66th IAC M. Zittersteijn, A. Vananti, T. Schildknecht, J.C. Dolado-Perez, V. Martinot, Associating optical measurements and estimating orbits of geocentric objects through population-based meta-heuristic methods. Jerusalem, Israel, 2015.
Proceedings of 6th EUCASS M. Zittersteijn, A. Vananti, T. Schildknecht, J.C. Dolado-Perez, V. Martinot, A genetic algorithm to associate optical measurements and estimate orbits of geocentric objects. Krakow, Poland, 2015.
OS: Windows, Linux, OSX
Languages: Java, C++, Fortran90, Perl
Software: Orekit, Matlab/Simulink, GINS, CelMech, Netbeans
Dutch: mother tongue
English: fluent (C2)
French: fluent (C1)
German: fluent (B2)
2011 Bourse d’excellence Descartes
- Financial support during the MSc. program at the ISAE.
- Awarded by the French embassy in the Netherlands and funded by Airfrance-KLM.
- Based on academic performance during the BSc. program.
- motivated, curious, rigorous, autonomous
- Former competitive rower (participated in e.g. the Junior World Championships)
- Leisure activities: sports (cycling, running), kite surfing, reading, guitar
- Member of Erasmus Student Network Bern. Organising field trips and social events for Erasmus exchange students living in Bern.
- Possess a drivers licence.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.