Date of birth: 02-05-1988
Extensive experience in software development within the space industry. Specialised in space systems engineering, and hold a PhD in physics. Able to quickly grasp unfamiliar and complex subjects and to translate that understanding into high quality code that is operationally ready.
02/2017-present Thales Services, software developer (flight dynamics team)
• ensured client (CNES) satisfaction through transparent communication and the delivery of high quality software solutions
• implemented complex, state-of-the-art algorithms in the context of research and development projects
• managed the production of three software libraries (combined value of ~210k euro), adapted an agile approach
• won and executed multiple contracts (~110k euro) autonomously, and participated in winning bids for large contracts (~4M euro)
02/2014-01/2017 Astronomical Institute of the University of Bern (AIUB)
• completed and maintained the internal space debris catalog (~10.000 objects)
• processed and handled ~5000 observations per day
• improved processing pipeline consisting of Bash, Fortran, and Perl scripts
04/2013-09/2013 Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES)
Final Master internship in the Terrestrial and Planetary Geodesy department.
• (pre-) processed ~30M measurements in order to estimate the seasonal gravity field variations of Mars
• analysed in detail the results, which were present at the AGU meeting of 2014
02/2014-01/2017 Astronomical Institute of the University of Bern (AIUB)
PhD in physics, insigni cum laude
• successfully pioneered the application of Genetic Algorithms (and variants) to the space debris cataloging problem
• implemented and extensively used optimisation techniques
• produced prototype software in Java
• assumed role as project manager: defined objective statement, responsible for decision making and planning
• assured good and transparent communication between the three partners (the CNES, Thales Alenia Space, AIUB)
09/2011-09/2013 Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace -SUPAERO
MSc program in Aeronautical and Space Systems engineering
specialisation: space systems engineering
09/2006-07/2011 Technical University of Delft
Delft, the Netherlands
BSc program in Aerospace engineering
Selected journal publication
Advances in Space Research M. Zittersteijn, A. Vananti, T. Schildknecht, J.C. Dolado Perez, V. Martinot, Associating optical measurements of MEO and GEO objects using Population-Based Meta-Heuristic methods, 2016.
OS: Linux, Windows, OSX
Languages: Java, C++, Python , Perl
Tools: IntellijIDEA, Eclipse, Maven, Git, SVN
Software: Matlab/Simulink, MS Office, Catia, Orekit
Dutch: mother tongue
2016 ESA International Student Education Board IAC funding
• highly competitive sponsorship funded by the European Space Agency (ESA)
• funded participation to the International Astronautical Conference
• selection based on academic excellence and impact in the field
2011 Bourse d’excellence Descartes
• financial support during the MSc. program at the ISAE.
• awarded by the French embassy in the Netherlands and funded by Airfrance-KLM.
• based on academic performance during the BSc. program.
• team player, result oriented, ambitious, pro-active, committed, coachable, autonomous
• former competitive rower (participated in e.g. the Junior World Championships)
• founding member of the YES (Young Employees Society) organisation of Thales Services
• former member of the ESN (Erasmus Student Network) Bern: organising field trips and social events for Erasmus exchange students living in Bern
• leisure activities: sports, reading, music
• possess a drivers licence
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.