Citizen Scientist Astronaut Candidate at PHeNOM Project (Physiological, Health, and Environmental Observations in Microgravity), SeaSpace Exploration & Research Society Inc.
April 2016 – Present, USA
The mission of the PHEnOM Project is to serve as a leading catalyst for opening the commercial spaceflight industry and the opportunities it affords for engaging in innovative, ground-breaking research in the areas of health and human performance, pharmacology, materials science, engineering, countermeasures, and atmospheric and physical sciences, through the use of citizen scientists.
• CITI Biomedical.& SBE Certification
• Amateur Radio
• Life Support Systems
• Biomedical Monitoring Systems
• Water Survival & Emergency Egress
• First responder
• Analog Habitat Mission: Team Building & Cohesion
• Spaceflight Mission simulation
• Project management
• Language Training: Russian and Spanish
Scientist-Astronaut Candidate (Polar Suborbital Science in the Upper Mesosphere) POSSUM
April 2016 – Present, Florida, USA
Astronaut Candidate for Project PoSSUM's Suborbital Mission supported by NASA's Flight Opportunities Program.Trained in the following areas to conduct experiments aboard suborbital spacecraft:
• The Mesosphere Environment
• Fundamentals of Remote Sensing
• Remote Sensing and Aerospace Cinematography
• Spaceflight Simulation and Operations
• Hypoxia Awareness and Mitigation
• Spacesuit Operations
• High-G Analog and Mitigation Methods
• Aerospace Physiology
• Life Support Systems
• Celestial Navigation
• Science Communication and Public Outreach
Mars One Astronaut Candidate at Mars One
2013 – Present, Global
Some example of interviews, article and talks I did related to Mars One:
1. Romanian Radio Station: http://radioiasi.ro/stiri/supliment/exclusiv-interviu-andreea-lavinia-radulescu-pe-lista-celor-100-de-candidati-selectionati-pentru-o-misiune-pe-marte-este-o-calatorie-doar-cu-bilet-dussper-sa-pot-sa-reprezint-tara-noast/
2. Romanian TV Show: http://www.antena3.ro/life/stiinta/andreea-radulescu-singurul-colonist-roman-de-pe-marte-in-direct-la-secvential-287785.html
3. Radio Show in Canada: The Edge 102.1: http://www.edge.ca/2015/02/23/38185/
4. Short documentary in Canada: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhlJgdDiBSI
5. Marie Claire Hungary article –copy can be provided upon request
Business/System/Data/Intelligence Analyst at Hostopia a Deluxe Company
May 2012 - Present, Toronto, Canada
• Gather requirements and requirements analysis
• Writing Use Cases and applying UML modeling techniques
• Writing functional and technical specifications.
• Developing in house tools and processes for automation and optimization purposes
• Working with offshore teams of programmers and quality assurance teams for solution development and deployment
• Design and implement processes and policies for system optimization
• Business Continuity Plan – create and implement
• Managing and responding to RFI (Request for Information) and RFP (Request for Proposal)
• Creating reports using Datameer tool
• Process and tools integration among new acquisitions
• Governance for new company acquisitions – integration, standardization and centralization across all entities both in terms of products as well as processes.
• Risk assessments and audits. Working with auditors to provide artifacts and create and implement recommended process improvements.
• Partner and vendor contract reviews
• KPI reports for vendor performance, development and QA
• Compliance by Design assessment and process implementation - data security and access process
• SRED (Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive Program) – gather project details and submit request for SRED.
• Working in a high pressure and tight deadline environment
• Working with high profile clients (telecoms) across the globe
• For big projects I take part in all parts of a project from start to finish - contract level, scope definition, requirements gathering, functional and technical specification solution, development, integration, quality assurance and deployment
• Worked on overseeing that Wed Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) is being implemented across our applications
• Working with our security department in defining data security management and access processes as well as disaster recovery plans.
• Software product experience – agile and waterfall
• Working with cross functional teams - including Sales, Product, development, QA Marketing - to provide inputs on training, product features, development and product rollout.
Suborbital Space Scientist at NASTAR Center
March 2012, Philadelphia, USA
• Aerospace Environment
• Space Vehicles & Flight
• Motion Environment & Orientation
• Acceleration Forces
• G-LOC Characteristics and Prevention
• Anti-G Straining Maneuvers
• Space Experience
• Physiological and Psychological Effects
• G Protection, Countermeasures & Skills
• Space Safety and Emergency Procedures
• Maximizing your Spaceflight Experience
• G-Tolerance Flights and Simulated Space Flights in Phoenix Centrifuge
• Hypobaric Training - Altitude Chamber Flight simulation
Founder and Owner of OmniGlobalTranslations - Translation Company
2011 – 2012, Toronto, Canada
Senior Technical Document Specialist at Hostopia a Deluxe Company
November 2008 - May 2012, Toronto, Canada
• Writing functional and technical specifications.
• Requirements analysis
• Working at Vodafone Group Headquarters (UK) office – 3 weeks
• Drafting and writing operational procedures and policies
• Collecting and creating RFP (Request for Proposal) response materials for the R & D / Administration
• Effectively managing translations across all system applications
• Assist in generating collateral marketing and training material for new products
• Identify and track projects which qualify for the SR&ED (Scientific Research and Experimental
• Manage and collaborate with remote counterpart - Ukraine
• Writing, editing, and updating user guide material.
• Managing and executing maintenance notifications to partners
• Writing release notifications for transmission to our end-users and business partners
NASA-JPL Life detection and Sample Handling Technologies Department
May 2007 - September 2007, California, USA
• Conducted extensive research into working with microcontrollers focusing on developing a low-cost and light-weight instrument used in determining and analyzing the relationship between instantaneous wind field and the ambient environment in the region of Antarctic. The project was developed with respect to the issue of global warming and more precisely it was designed to determine the role of Antarctica in the global climate system. It sought to determine typical paths of continental air that passes South Pole and obtain valuable insight into the relationship between events on Antarctica and the meteorology of sub-polar altitudes
• Hardware integration and configuration, software programming, mechanical design of the instrument and
• Conducted testing and configuration of Iridium modems using SatTerm software for configuration and usage
• Developed software in PBasic and worked with Basic Stamp
• Successfully performed hardware integration for the Polar Traverse Rover
• Modem integration and configuration, software programming, mechanical design of the instrument and testing
Master of Space Science Studies (M.Sc.), 2006-2007
International Space University, Strasbourg, FRANCE
• Specialization in Space Science
• Courses with focus on Space Systems Engineering, Space Physiology, Orbital Mechanics, Policy and Law in Space Sector and Remote Sensing
Courses in Computers 2003-2006
Trent University, Peterborough, ON., CANADA
• Pursued courses in Computer Science, in order to extend my knowledge in computer systems and programming.
• Course: Advanced systems, Theory of Computation, Software Engineering with C/C++, Programming methodologies, Visual programming techniques, Artificial Intelligence and Computer organization.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), with Honors. Mathematics 1999-2003
Trent University, Peterborough, ON., CANADA
English - Fluent
Romanian - Fluent
Hungarian - Fluent
Russian – Beginner Level 1 (1 of 3) Certificate (HANSA Language School Toronto). Currently studying to become proficient.
French – Intermediate level
German –Intermediate level
Italian – Elementary level
CERTIFICATION & AWARDS
Private Pilot Licence - Student Pilot, Transport Canada
Restricted Operator Certificate - Aeronautical (ROC-A), Industry Canada
Basic Amateur Radio Certificate – Call Sign: VA3ZUP, Industry Canada
Monitoring Climate from Space Certificate, European Space Agency and FutureLearn
Suborbital Space Scientist, NASTAR Center
Scientist-Astronaut Candidate, POSSUM Project
NASA Tech Brief Award for New Technology - Polar Traverse Rover http://ntrs.nasa.gov/search.jsp?R=20080047982
Full Scholarship: Awarded by the European Space Agency and International Space University to pursue Master’s Degree
FAA Class III Medical Certificate
Canadian Class III Medical Certificate
First Sport Parachute Jump Certificate, Skydive Toronto Inc.
Emergency First Aid CPR/AED Level C, Canada Red Cross
Business Analysis Certified Professional, Learning Tree International
ATV Safety E-Course, ATV Safety Institute
Part 107 Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS), FAA Safety
Aug 30, 2007: Iridium modem capabilities and scientific instruments: Tumbleweed and Polar Traverse Rover (Individual project at NASA-JPL, California USA and International Space University, Strasbourg, France)
May 1, 2007: Full Moon: Storage and Delivery of Oxygen and Hydrogen for Lunar Exploration (Team project at the International Space University, Strasbourg FRANCE)
Oct.1, 2008: Polar Traverse Rover: A Novel, Low Cost Instrument to Depict Antarctic/Arctic Surface Wind Characteristics (NASA Tech Brief Magazine, California USA)
2012 Air & Space Magazine - Membership
2011 TED.COM - Member
2011 Astronauts4hire Organization - Associate Member
Analysis, Technical Writing, Business Analysis, Management, MS Project,Research, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Requirement Specifications, Functional Specifications, Use Case, Use Case Diagrams, Systems Analysis, Datameer, Visio, Sharepoint
Flying, traveling, everything that has to do with space, cartoons, skiing, chess
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.