Over 20 years of experience as an aerospace engineer. Dedicated to spacecraft thermal analysis, aircraft aerodynamic loads determination and certification. Proven track record on Earth Observation missions including the definition and execution of qualification and acceptance test campaigns at component and system level. Demonstrated capacity to multitask and engage team members. Recognized for the ability to build credibility with internal and external stakeholders. Self-motivated results-driven team player. Appointed liaison with subcontractors, suppliers and facilities.
Responsible for spacecraft thermal analysis and tests. Activities extended from conceptual design to commissioning. Tasks included the development of spacecraft level thermal model, units’ thermal analysis and tests and support of I&T. Supported satellite-LV (Delta II) integration at Vandenberg Air Force Base. Participated in the launch, early orbits and commissioning phases. Defined contingency plans and rehearsals. Liaison engineer with NASA, international partners, facilities and contractors.
Representative activities performed are described below:
* Requirements definition and compliance.
* Spacecraft thermal configuration definition.
* Thermal orbital analysis.
* Thermal analysis using SINDA of electronic bays, batteries, solar panels, optical instruments and the propulsion subsystem.
* Thermo-mechanical design of high power dissipation units.
* Thermal Vacuum Test for: subsystem development phase, thrusters plume impingement determination, batteries acceptance, electronic boxes and propulsion components qualification and acceptance process; optical cameras qualification and acceptance process.
* Satellite level thermal model qualification, satellite acceptance.
* Active and passive thermal system analysis.
* Definition of heaters and radiators.
* Definition of heat pipes.
* Thermal system redundancies determination.
* Definition of thermal test plans and generation of test reports.
* Maintenance of mechanical and thermal ICD.
* Maintenance of thermal mass and power budget.
* Determination of telescope thermal gradients.
* Review of design documents for the spacecraft and payload formal design reviews.
* Support Review Item Discrepancy process.
* Design, manufacturing and integration of multilayer insulation blankets for thermal model and S/C.
Performed aerodynamic modifications on defense aircrafts in subsonic, transonic and supersonic ranges and on single engine, high wing aircrafts. Analyses performed using CDF and proven methodologies. Other representative activities include: loads determination on modified wings, flaps, ailerons, horizontal and vertical tail, wing carry-through and landing gear. Determination of the Center of Gravity envelope and the effects on flight characteristics. Flutter assessment. Definition of a criterion to avoid buffet onset. Wind tunnel testing of pressure plotting and balance models. Flight tests verification. Preparation of test plans and test reports. Preparation of documentation for design reviews.
Airworthiness Certification Engineer
Main liaison with Transport Canada Civil Aviation. Appointed representative with the Authority to discuss and advocate project methodologies and substantiations. Qualified in the preparation of documents supporting aircraft certification, test plans and test reports. Activities include structural analysis, fuselage modification, seat attachments, engine attachments, landing gears. Determination of loads and structural substantiations of complex hydraulic circuits at fuselage-wing well. Definition of structural static test. Definition of fuel system pressure test plan and noise certification plan.
Employment / Contract Work History
2015-2016 Certification engineer Cascade Aerospace Inc., Abbotsford, BC, Canada
2007-2015 Certification/Aerodynamics engineer Tag Aerospace Inc., Delta, BC, Canada
2005-2007 Certification engineer ICE Designs Co, New Westminster, BC, Canada
2004-2005 Thermal/Mechanical engineer MDA Systems, Richmond, BC, Canada
1993-2004 Thermal/Mechanical engineer CONAE, Buenos Aires, Argentina
1988-1993 Aerodynamics engineer Alenia Aeronautica, Turin, Italy
1987-1988 Aerodynamics engineer Politecnico di Torino, Turin, Italy
Project Management Institute Vancouver, BC, Canada
Project Management Professional 2011
University of British Columbia Vancouver, BC, Canada
Certificate in Project Management 2010
APEGBC Burnaby, BC, Canada
Professional Engineer 2009
Universidad Nacional de La Plata Buenos Aires, Argentina
M.Sc. Aerospace Engineer 1986
Fluent in English, Spanish and Italian.
PMI, Vancouver Chapter
Canadian and Italian Citizenship - References available on request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.