PROGRAM MANAGEMENT · SALES · BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Develops and drives international program management for satellite and hybrid satellite connectivity solutions. Responsible for contract execution, product delivery, customer satisfaction and follow-on business development.
- Proven 15+ year record managing entire scope of programs, from opportunity identification, to contract to revenue
- Assesses competitive landscapes and communicates recommendations to maximize revenues and profits
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on satellite and hybrid satellite mobility/broadband products and services
- Customer success with, among others AT&T, BMW, DOD, FCC, NATO, Sprint,, T-Mobile, Verizon, Vodafone, 3GPP, ETSI, European Commission, Ericsson, Hughes, Inmarsat, Motorola and Nokia-Siemens
- Recent experience with and focus on DOC (FirstNet), NOAA (weather), NASA (small sats), FAA (NextGen ATC/ATM), NRO (NextGen ISR/Remote Sensing), FCC and ITU (5G Hybrid+Backhaul)
- Mentors and coaches team members and colleagues, and develops professional relationships with customers
- $1.35 B: Managed up to 15 person teams driving new sales and $1.35 B company acquisition
- $300 M: Calling on executives and field personnel, managed up to 15 person teams driving $300 M opportunity
- $400 M: Led up to 12 person teams generating sales and developing new business with AT&T and T-Mobile
- $250 M: Managed existing professional relationships and led business development for $250 M network migration
- MBA - Yale University; MA – Johns Hopkins SAIS; BA - Dartmouth College; PMP certification in progress
- U.S. Citizen, native English, fluent German, basic French, Italian and Spanish, and ITAR access eligible to renew
Managing Director, Program Management, Sales & Business Development
Washington Mobility Solutions, LLC (WMS), Washington, DC - 1/2012 – Present
Opportunity is to lead Technical-Commercial Program Management, Sales and Business Development initiatives.
- Leads planning and execution of Programs, Sales and Business Development
- Satellite and terrestrial telco/wireless Subject Matter Expert (SME) who executes GEO and Hybrid-GEO initiatives with a broad knowledge of current and emerging information communications technologies (ICT)
- Recent focus on LEO CubeSat solutions, telematics, IoT/sensors, hybrid GEO networks, Spectrum Management, FirstNet, NextGen Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), and NextGen Air Traffic Control/Management (ATC/ATM)
Director, Program Development-Management & Business Development
TerreStar Networks, Inc., Reston, VA (company acquired) - 6/2007 – 12/2011
Opportunity was need for ubiquitous connectivity. Called on executives, field and government regulatory personnel to drive product differentiation, sales and business.
- Satellite industry Subject Matter Expert (SME) who communicates status recommendations to executives, leads program and roadmap developments for a comprehensive range of GEO and Hybrid-GEO applications
- Worked with regional Sales and Business Development to define, prioritize and communicate roadmaps and lead consultative sales with operators, vendors and integrators
- Led planning and execution of a wide range of Sales, Business Development, Product Development, Program Management and Sales support for Hybrid satellite network with global operators, vendors and integrators
- Developed, maintained and evangelized Hybrid-GEO network vision, strategy and business value
- Led teams and worked individually with operators and vendors to drive business development, program management and industry adoption of company products and solutions, as well as t lead interactions with the 3GPP, ETSI FCC, ATIS, EC, ITU and Ofcom
Director, Program Management, Sales & Business Development
Standards Solutions, LLC, Washington, DC (hired by local client) - 5/2005 – 6/2007
Opportunity was to plan and execute GEO and Hybrid GEO initiatives for TerreStar Networks and Airbiquity, by managing product and program developments from concept to revenue
- For Airbiquity, Inc., which produces OnStar, the opportunity was to influence the global transport (ITS/Connected Car) market. Called on BMW staff to develop reference account for $300 M opportunity
- For TerreStar Networks, Inc., designed and drove Network Architecture and Business Development with global mobile satellite operators and equipment vendors for mission-critical networks
Senior Manager, Product Line Management
TruePosition, Inc., Berwyn, PA (growth driven company reorganization) - 2001 - 2005
Opportunity was to influence solution and the ecosystem of the developing e911 mobile location market. I led cross-functional teams developing and driving technical and commercial strategic growth initiatives, driving $400 M+ in sales.
- Developed and drove $400 M+ in sales by leading teams and working individually to plan and execute Product Development, Business Development, Regulatory Affairs and Sales
- Led development and execution of Business Development, driving company Pre-sales, Business Development, Sales and Alliance Management
- Represented company throughout the mobile community to mobile network operators, led creation and presentation of company submissions to FCC location groups, and with DOT, ETSI, IEEE, Ofcom and 3GPP
- Defined and drove product roadmaps to align with customer requirements, led planning and execution of Product Management, Business Development, Alliance Management and stakeholder advocacy with customers, regulators and industry
Product Line Manager, UMTS and Broadband Networks
Siemens AG, Berlin/Munich, Germany and Siemens ICN, Boca Raton, FL (business unit sold) - 1997 - 2001
Opportunity was emerging 3G mobile communications market as well as the developing need for broadband connectivity. Managed international and U.S. domestic product management and strategic marketing for global commercial broadband solutions, managed company contributions to mobile regulatory organizations and managed development and capture of $250 M+ sales opportunity.
- Developed new global mobile markets and drove creation of $250 M+ opportunity by leading Product Management and Business Development
- Authored internal Siemens studies on global technology markets used to plan expansion strategies
- Managed contributions to international industry organizations, developed collateral and sales tools
- Developed relationships and managed partnerships for company’s North American broadband portfolio sales
Technology Program Management
Science Applications International Corporation – SAIC (returned to school to earn an MBA) - 1989 - 1995
- Led engineering program and acquisition support to numerous Services and Offices in the DOD, DOE and NATO
- Led program support for OSD driven NATO nuclear weapons program
- Extensive experience with DOE offices and facilities, DOD services and offices of the Secretary of Defense, Eligible to renew DOD TS/SCI and DOE “Q” security clearances
EDUCATION, VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES, ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- MBA Yale University; MA Johns Hopkins SAIS; BA Dartmouth College; PMP in progress
- Lab Rescue LRCP, Potomac Appalachian Trail Club
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Native English; fluent German; basic French, Italian and Spanish
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.