Aerospace Systems Engineering Modelling and Simulation MATLAB/C/C#
Lifecycle Risk Management Aviation/Space Operations Top Secret Clearance
Washington Army National Guard
CH-47F Pilot Ft Lewis, WA Oct 2014 – Present
Commercial helicopter pilot certificate with instrument rating and Boeing/Vertol 234 type rating. Approximately 300 hours; 42 hours as Pilot-In-Command. Trained in aircraft systems, airspace operations, and navigation systems.
Distinguished honor graduate from the CH-47F Initial Qualification Course.
United States Air Force
Launch Control Officer Malmstrom AFB, MT Oct 2012 – Oct 2014
Led 15 launch control centers in routine and emergency missile operations, and led maintenance and security trouble shooting processes. Operated fire control computers, communication systems, security systems, ground support equipment, and launch vehicles.
· Distinguished graduate from the ICBM Operations Course.
· Earned an Extremely Qualified performance rating, reserved for the top 10% of Air Force missile operators.
· Tracked combat capability of 96 personnel and 55 facilities valued at $75.8 million with zero errors.
Launch Vehicle Engineer Vandenberg AFB, CA Sep 2010 – Oct 2012
Conducted mission assurance, risk assessment and engineering analysis for space launch and reentry programs. Oversaw critical booster/payload integration and testing tasks for launch readiness reviews and flight worthiness certification, and provided on-console support for telemetry and anomaly resolution.
· Responsible Engineer for 3 solid fueled, medium class launch campaigns with 100% mission success.
· Spearheaded 14-person team to develop recovery procedures for the X-37 Orbital Test Vehicle.
· Led 5-person telemetry monitoring team during launch of DARPA’s Hypersonic Technology Vehicle.
SparrowTech Jun 2007 – Sep 2007
Flight Test Engineer Intern Fort A.P. Hill, VA Jun 2008 – Sep 2008
Conducted engineering support for MQM-170 Outlaw flight testing of conflict detection and resolution concepts. Programmed MicroPilot Autopilot system, maintained telemetry systems, and assisted with test execution.
MPhil, Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
University of Sheffield, United Kingdom, 2011
· 2008 Marshal Scholar.
· Developed a fast-time, discrete event air traffic simulator to facilitate engineering analysis of future Air Traffic Management concepts. Modeled communication, surveillance, and guidance/navigation/control systems.
BS, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Virginia Military Institute, 2008, GPA 3.96
· Writing Minor.
· 2006 Barry M. Goldwater Scholar, Institute Honors and Distinguished Graduate.
· Designed, fabricated, and tested a system for communicating the location of underground survivors during mine emergencies. U.S Patent #7,843,768.
Flathers, G.W. "An Airspace Simulator for Separation Management Research" Master of Philosophy Thesis, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom, 2011.
Flathers, G.W., Allerton, D.J., and Spence G.T. “FMS Automation Issues for Future ATM Integration” 27th International Congress of the Aeronautical Sciences, Nice, France, 19-24 Sept, 2010.
Squire J.C., Sullivan G.A., Baker E.W., and Flathers G.W. "Proof-of-Concept Testing of a Deep Seismic Communication Device" Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration, Vol. 326, pp. 97 – 100, 2009.
· Graduate Certificate, Nuclear Weapon Effects, Proliferation and Policies, GPA 4.0 Air Force Institute of Technology, 2014.
· Engineer in Training, Commonwealth of Virginia, 2007.
· Defense Acquisition University Level 1 in Test and Evaluation, Project Management, and Systems Engineering.
· Mid-Level Manager/Supervisor Program, Maxwell AFB, AL.
· Fundamentals of Acquisition Management, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
· Undergraduate Space Training, Vandenberg AFB, CA.
· Lifecycle Risk Management, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.