Date and place of birth: July 22, 1986, Rome, Italy.
In compliance with the Italian legislative Decree no. 196 dated 30/06/2003,
I hereby authorize you to use and process my personal details contained in this document.
Earth Observation applications – Remote Sensing and Image Processing – GIS System – Civil & Geotechnical Engineering – Geomatics and Topography
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Ability in conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis on the mechanical behavior of soils and rocks.
- Expertise in geotechnical modelling of natural and volcanic slopes and their stability assessment.
- Skill in multi-sensor topographical surveys (Terrestrial Laser Scanner, Total Station and GPS).
- Knowledge of the EO domain and Remote Sensing/Image processing techniques.
- Production of digital cartography and rapid mapping; integrations of EO data in GIS system.
- Talent in conducting quantitative/qualitative research and statistical analysis of data related to the support of EO systems.
- Expertise in monitoring remote areas prone to natural hazards through EO data.
- Private lessons and tutoring in scientific and technical subjects.
- Creation of notes for undergraduates in Geomatics subjects at DICEA department (Sapienza).
- Writing in a fluent manner, ability in producing memos that are easy to follow. Ability in writing technical documentation and minutes.
Ability to work individually and as a team member, being able to establish collaborative relationships and projects, interpersonal and communications skills with colleagues, ability to adapt to multicultural environments; open minded, ability to look for creative solutions, flexible in assignments and always interested in new work/research experiences. Opened to different methods and ways of doing things as well as responsive to the needs of others.
- Survey Lab s.r.l. (Roma) November 2015 On going.
Geomatics monitoring (land/structures), high-precision surveys, 3D modeling.
- Pallai Centro Studi (Roma). March 2015 February 2016.
Tutor for undergraduates, scientific subjects.
- ESA-Esrin (Frascati). September 2014 December 2014.
Undergraduate trainee in Earth Observation.
- Tele Radio Stereo (Roma). February 2008 June 2008.
Trainee in journalism (radio, television and newspaper).
- Private tutoring (Roma). 2005 – On going.
Undergraduate and high school level: scientific and humanities subjects.
- Libri e Rarità s.r.l. (Roma). 2008 2014.
Handling of on-line shop: old books, watches, antique and modern trade.
- Ph.D. student in Infrastructures and Transportation Engineering, DICEA department, Sapienza University, Rome. November 2015 on going. Research area: integration of geomatics and geotechnical modelling for monitoring zones prone to natural phenomena that may determine risks for infrastructures and human life.
- MSc in Civil Engineering and Geotechnical Science, Sapienza University, Rome, [108/110]. September 2011 January 2015. Thesis project: Analysis of the evolution of an active volcanic area through the integration of remote sensing data and geotechnical modelling: the case of the New South East Crater (Mount Etna).
- BSc in Civil Engineering, Sapienza University, Rome, [97/110]. September 2005 March 2011
- Msc in radio/television journalism, T Eventi srl (Tele Radio Stereo), Rome (Italy) September 2007-January 2008
- High School, Classical Lyceum, Cornelio Tacito, Rome, [100/100] 20002005.
o Platform type: Mac (excellent), Windows (excellent), Linux (good).
o Office suite: Excel, Word, Power Point (excellent).
o Civil Engineer: Geo-slope (excellent); Paratie Plus (good); Phase 2 (good); AutoCad (very good); Sap2000 (good).
o GIS: ArcGIS (very good); Q-Gis (good).
o Remote Sensing: Sentinel-1A SAR toolbox/ NEST SAR toolbox (good); ENVI – Sarscape (very good); PCI Geomatics (excellent); Orfeo Toolbox (good), SNAP (good)
o 3D DEM modeling: Golden Software Surfer (very good); Cloud Compare (very good).
o HTML language: Kompozer (excellent).
o Programming languages: MatLab (fair).
1. Monitoring an active volcanic area and mapping lava flows with multisource data: The case of Mount Etna from 2011 to 2015. M. Martino, M. Marsella, S. Scifoni, T. Ahmed Chowdhury, C. Minet, M. Coltelli, C. Proietti, F. Giannone. International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering (IEEE), 2016.
2. Methodologies for measuring the temporal evolution of the lava flow geometry and monitoring the related hazard. M. Marsella, P. J. V. D'Aranno, M. Martino, C. Nardinocchi, S. Scifoni, M. Scutti, A. Sonnessa, M. Coltelli, C. Proietti. EGU General Assembly Conference Abstracts, 2016.
3. A multi-sensor approach for monitoring an active volcanic area: the 2011-2014 eruptive phase of Mount Etna. M. Martino, S. Scifoni, M. Marsella, M. Coltelli, P.J.V. D’Aranno, Q. Napoleoni. International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering (IEEE), 2015.
4. Integration of geotechnical modeling and remote sensing data to analyze the evolution of an active volcanic area: the case of the New South East Crater (Mount Etna). M. Martino, S. Scifoni, Q. Napoleoni, P.J.V. D’Aranno, M. Marsella, M. Coltelli. International Workshop on Volcanic Rocks & Soils, 2015.
CERTIFIED TRAINING COURSE
- Earth Observation from Space: the Optical View.
Course from the European Space Agency (ESA). September 2016 On going.
- Monitoring Climate from Space.
Course from the European Space Agency (ESA). September 2016 On going.
- Shenker Method - English course. Level 75. January 2016 June 2016.
- Microwave Remote Sensing. Sapienza University, Rome. Prof. Nazareno Pierdicca. March 2016-May 2016
- Technical and scientific writing. Sapienza University, Rome. Prof. Emilio Matricciani. January 2016-February 2016.
- I.Modi (Implemented MOnitoring system for structural Displacement). 2016 On going.
Horizon2020 SME Instrument Phase 2 winning Project. Exploitation of Earth Observation data to develop customized services for monitoring the stability of buildings in large urban areas and for controlling critical civil infrastructures.
- MED_SUV - MEDiterranean SUpersite Volcanoes. 2015 2016. Development and testing of a tool for the automatic processing of frames extracted from a surveillance camera network in order to obtain geometric and thermal parameters useful to monitor the evolution of the lava field.
ACTIVITY AND INTERESTS
I always loved making sports. After having played football for my whole adolescence, reaching a good level and taking part to regional and national championship, I practiced swimming, athletics, fitness courses martial arts. I like reading (classic Italian and European novels, historical and scientific books), go to the theatre, to the cinema and to art exhibitions. I am a curious person and fascinated by “discoveries”…not only the scientific ones!
- Italian: native language;
- English: ease in conversations; use of idioms and complex grammatical structures; ability to respond quickly in English; fluency in phone calls.
Category A and B.
- Maria Marsella, D.I.C.E.A. - La Sapienza Università di Roma, Via Eudossiana, 18 - 00184 Roma, Italy. Spinoff Survey Lab s.r.l, CRAS - Centro di Ricerca Aerospaziale Sapienza. E-mail: maria.marsella(at)uniroma1.it
- Quintilio Napoleoni, D.I.C.E.A. - La Sapienza Università di Roma, Via Eudossiana, 18 - 00184 Roma – Italy. E-mail: quintilio.napoleoni(at)uniroma1.it
- Francesco Sarti, Coordinator of the Education and Training Activities, Directorate of Earth Observation Programmes-ESA/ESRIN EOP-SA-V.Galileo Galilei, C.P. 64, 00044 Frascati (Italy); francesco.sarti(at)esa.int
- Silvia Scifoni, R&D Director Survey Lab s.r.l Spinoff Sapienza. Via Eudossiana, 18 - 00184 Roma, Italy. E-mail: silvia.scifoni(at)surveylab.info
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.