Doctoral Fellow at GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy-Ion Research, Darmstadt, Germany
(November 2011 - November 2015)
• Developed algorithms for digital signal processing, such as: feature extraction algorithms, moving convolution filters, clustering algorithms and Kalman filters.
• Implemented pulse shape analysis to perform tasks such as temperature-dependent gain stabilization, particle identification, pile-up discrimination.
• Experimental studies of CsI(Tl) based scintillation detectors (including PMT and APD read out photosensors) and gaseous ionization detectors.
• Developed software applications for online/offline data analysis of particle detectors raw data (using C++ based scientific data analysis framework).
• Implemented digital signal analysis algorithms to successfully discriminate events and extract statistical information (energies, momenta, time, multiplicities, etc.).
• Implemented data acquisition software and hardware which include fast ADCs.
• Was responsible for detector (calorimeter and ionization chamber) maintenance during experimental operation.
Hardware Engineer at IFIC - Nuclear Physics Institute, Valencia, Spain (Nov. 2010 - July 2011)
• Collaboration in the upgrade of the Tilecal/ATLAS back-end electronics.
• Contributed to the test and optimization of the FPGA firmware modules from the "GigaBit Transceiver" (GBT) architecture and protocol, that was proposed as the platform for data transmission in most of the physics experiments involved in the upgrade of the CERN LHC.
Research Scientist and Hardware Engineer at CFNUL Nuclear Physics Centre of the University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal (February 2009 - October 2010)
• Development of a didactic PET (Positron Emission Tomography) system.
• Designed and implemented the front-end’s fast analogue acquisition electronics.
• Designed the FPGA based DAQ and digital control system.
Research Scientist at Faculty of science, University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
(January 2007 - September 2007)
• Development of a cosmic muon detector.
• Implemented in a FPGA development board a digital controller to perform the low-level management of a system for detection and measurement of the lifetime of cosmic muons.
PhD in Nuclear Phisycs at Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany (Nov. 2011 - Apr. 2016)
Thesis: “Digital Signal Analysis for CsI(Tl) Detectors and the Active-Target at R3B” - International classification: A - distinction
MSc in Engineering Physics at Faculty of Science, University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
(Sep. 2007 - Nov. 2010)
Thesis: “Contribution to the MiniPET implementation: Design of the Digital Control System and the Front-End Electronics” - International classification: A
BSc in Physics at Faculty of Science, University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal (Oct. 2004 - Jun. 2007)
Thesis: “A Digital Controller for an Experiment of Lifetime Measurement of Cosmic Muons” - International classification: A
Languages: Portuguese (Native) • English (Fluent)
Computer Languages: C/C ++ • MathLab/Octave • Python • Shell • Fortran • Mathematica
Operating Systems: Linux (Debian/Arch) - 6 years • MS Windows
Hardware Description Language: VHDL • Verilog
Software Frameworks: ROOT • Eclipse • Xillinx ISE • Eagle CAD • TopSpice • LabVIEW
Tools: Git • Vim • L A TEX/Beamer • Libre/MS Office
Miscellaneous: PCB assembling
2015: NIM, Temperature gain correction for CsI(Tl) detection systems based on digital pulse shapeanalysis
2013: NIM, Particle identification using clustering algodrithms
2013: IEEE, Pulse Shape Analysis Using CsI(Tl) Crystals
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.