OBJECTIVE: Satellite Antenna Design Engineer. Satellite Payload Engineering and Operations. Ground Stations.
Radio Spectrum Management. Satellite Launch. In Orbit Test (IOT). Satellite Link Budgets.
Reflector Antenna Design. Satellite Customer Technical Support.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Satellite technology professional with expertise in satellite antenna design, satellite payload Engineering and operations.
· Expertise in reflector antenna design. Parabolic and others.
· Demonstrated experience in satellite payload. Satellite payload control and operations.
· Respected for ability to learn new technologies quickly and to work effectively as a team player, and multi-tasking.
· Excellent customer technical support (recommendations upon request).
· Work well independently to achieve technical objectives.
· Comfortable with tight schedules and travels.
LOCKHEED MARTIN-Denver-Colorado-USA 2015
RF Antenna Engineer
· RF Antenna design for Proposals and RFI’s
· Sub-System Component RF and Mechanical Spec.
INTELSAT, Washington DC-USA 2010-2015
Payload and Antenna Engineer:
· Satellite Payload. Payload command procedures analysis and design. Contingency and nominal procedures. On-call for the whole fleet.
· Satellite Operations. Attended ground customer’s issues. Satellite payload management.
· Maintain health of the Fleet/Metrics. Anomalies. Anomaly Report.
· Spacecraft and antenna re-point to find other satellite markets. Antenna re-point design using GRASP9-TICRA software programs. Scattering analysis.
· Spacecraft inclination analysis. New solutions.
· IOT. Spacecraft in orbit test.
· Spacecraft Launch. TCR command system.
· Satellite Inclination analysis and research, new proposed solutions.
· Payload Engineer and operations for World Space Satellites-L-band payload with on board processing. Command procedures. Satellite inclination analysis. Customer support.
· Last years of life of a geo satellite. Component performance predictions. Inclination analysis: proposed new solutions for non-shaped reflectors. Component failure recovery techniques.
ORBITAL SCIENCES CORP, Dulles, VA-USA 2005-2010
Senior RF antenna Engineer
Satellite antenna design. Offset antenna, Unfurl able, Gregorian. Helix antenna analysis. Antenna design for Ku, Ka, C, L band frequencies Antenna performance, shaping, cross-polarization analysis and optimization,
Gain slope, Dual Gridded reflector performance (DGR) and design, and solid reflector performance and design.
Ku and C band DGR design and performance.
Expertise in copol suppression.
Feed analysis, pyramidal horn, conical horn, corrugated horn, potter horn. Gaussian.
Satellite antenna design to work continuously in an arc slot (multi-slot antenna design-SES AMC Series)
Multi-beam antenna analysis. (Spot beams).
Scattering Analysis for various satellites structures.
Feed array antenna design.
Elliptic orbit satellite antenna analysis.
Thermal distortion analysis.
Excellent technical support to marketing and management departments.
Worked in antenna design for RFI and proposals to support marketing and management departments to get new contracts, and in satellites at program construction stage. Uncountable RFI’s.
Technical trainer and technical support in antenna design and shaping to new hires.
Program level antenna work in the following satellites: AMC-5R, IS-18, IS-16, IS-23, Star One, Azersat.
• Awarded innovation concept plan that has been selected for a further development titled:
“Solid reflector antenna for Star One+ Bus” Orbital Sciences Corp. Warp 10 annual contest for new Ideas. Orbital Sciences Corp. July 2007
(so far, the new antenna was implemented in the following satellites: New Dawn, IS-18, IS-23 and Star One and many more).
SPACE SYSTEMS LORAL, Palo Alto, CA 2001-2002
RF Satellite Antenna Engineer
Satellite antenna analysis. Microwave Measurements.
Satellite antenna near field calculations for several satellites.
Satellite antenna far field calculations for several satellites.
Satellite antenna scattering analysis for several satellites.
PAGE INDUSTRIES, Redwood City, CA 2000-2001
Electromechanical design of DC power distribution control panels for use in HP test equipment.
Mechanical design of DC power distribution brackets for communications.
Final test of aircraft (commercial) ground support equipment and DC power distribution equipment for communications.
Design and test of timing circuits and digital meters for aircraft ground support equipment.
Performed a key contribution (antenna design and performance) by which Orbital Sciences Corp. was awarded with the following contracts (proposal stage):
NSS9 Sat-One satellite-2006 (antenna design)
SES Americon Sat-two satellites-2007 (AMC-5R’s spacecraft’s configurations and antenna designs)
AMC_21 Sat -one satellite-2006 (antenna design)
Indosat-one satellite-2007 (antenna design)
AMC_5R Sat-one satellite-2007 (spacecraft configuration and antenna design)
Koreasat 6- 2008 (antenna design)
Star One (2009-2010) (spacecraft configuration and antenna design).
Awarded innovation concept plan that has been selected for a further development titled:
“Solid reflector antenna for Star One+ Bus” Orbital Sciences Corp. Warp 10 annual contest for new ideas. July 2007.
Ticra Software Programs (new versions), Space Systems Loral. 2001
Export Control, Space Systems Loral. 2001
Several Spacecraft Payload trainings given by many satellite manufacturers like Boeing, SSL Loral, Orbital Sciences Corp., Astrium, and Thales Alenia. 2011
EPOCH 1.4 training course.
• BSEE (1997) in Telecomunicaciones, National University of Plata,Argentina. 1991-1997
• Graduate Coursework in Microwave and Antennas at Santa Clara University, Santa Clara-California-USA. 2004-2005
• MSEE Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with concentration in Electromagnetics and Microwaves- Arizona State University-Arizona-USA 2014
SATELLITE ENGINEERING COURSES
· Satellite Ground System Design and Operations. Applied Technology Institute-Maryland. Virginia. USA .May 2014
· Satellite Link Budget using SatMaster Program. Applied Technology Institute-Maryland. Virginia. USA. April 2014
· Satellite Communications Systems. CEI-France. Barcelona. Spain October 2015
· Radio Spectrum Management. CEI-France. Barcelona. Spain November 2016
German (in progress).
LINKEDIN WEB PAGE.
Account under the name of: Jose Banda-Schulz.
· See career endorsements by satellite industry colleagues.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.