IITMSAT | FOUNDER + PROJECT MANAGER + SYSTEM ENGINEER
Jul 2012 – Sep 2016 | IIT Madras, Chennai
IITMSAT is a university satellite project at IIT Madras, conceived by a group of undergrad students in 2009. The science objective of the mission is to measure fluxes of high energy electrons and protons with temporal resolution better than previous missions. This data will help understand earthquake prediction studies.
Expected launch date: Q4 2017
• Developed key aspects of the design including mission requirements, system architecture, ConOps and environmental test plan.
• Designed, simulated and tested the satellite structure for launch environment.
• Guided more than 150 students in the course of 4 years for interdisciplinary short term projects. Guidance included defining project deliverable, monitoring progress and technical assistance.
• Managed developing and tracking project schedule, cost budget and identifying project roles for staff.
• Secured funding for the project by pitching to university alumni.
• Ideated and coordinated the construction of a one of its kind ’IIT Madras Space Lab’ with a 100,000 class clean room, electronics room and a ground station.
• Implemented a unique verification philosophy to develop a qualified system and ensure delivery within a short period. Worked with multiple vendors (50) with more than a dozen of them involved in developing customized solutions.
SWISS SPACE CENTRE | SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
Jul 2012 | EPFL, Lausane (Switzerland)
Trained to be a SwissCube (1st Swiss satellite) Ground Station operator and verified its on-board health by conducting live operations.
ISRO SATELLITE CENTRE | THERMAL ANALYSIS INTERN
Jul 2010 | Bangalore
Modelled and determined the thermal behaviour of a nanosatellite (<10kg) for low earth orbits (600-900 km) using a computationally less intensive method.
ASTROSAT PROJECT, TIFR | STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING INTERN
Dec 2009 | Mumbai
Redesigned and fabricated the structure of an X-Ray payload of ASTROSAT (India’s first dedicated Astronomy satellite) to accommodate a newer and bigger version of electronics and ensure the structural rigidity of the satellite.
STUDY PROJECTS & TRAINING COURSES
INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF ASTRONAUTICS
Member of IAA Study Group 4.18 | Kitakyushu (2014) & Rome (2015)
• Developed definitions and framework of ISO standards for a new class of low-cost fast-delivery satellites in collaboration with Prof Mengu Cho (Kyushu Institute of Technology) and space policy experts from 12 countries.
• These standards are under review and have passed the preliminary voting round of ISO member bodies.
CSSTEAP, DEPT. OF SPACE, INDIA
International Training Course on Small Satellite Missions, Centre for Space Science and Technology Education in Asia and the Pacific | Dehradun (2012)
• Participated in a 2-week specialized course on space infrastructure development in emerging economies
• I was one among 30 participants selected from 9 countries on the basis of space infrastructure development expertise and experience.
MTECH: PRODUCT DESIGN
BTECH: MECHANICAL ENGG (MAJOR),
2007 - 2012 | Chennai, India
Cum. GPA: 7.9/10
KALKA PUBLIC SCHOOL
Grad. May 2007 | New Delhi, India
CBSE Class 12: 86%
TAGORE INT. SCHOOL
Grad. May 2005 | New Delhi, India
CBSE Class 10: 76%
Advanced Dynamical Systems
High Energy Physics
Advanced Heat Transfer
Design Optimization Tools
Materials and Design
Strength of Material
Basic Electrical Engineering
AGI STK • ABAQUS • Matlab • C
• Solidworks • NI LabVIEW • LATEX
GNU Radio • ANSYS • COMSOL
AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR
VU3AUO (since 2012)
• 3rd IAA Conference on University Satellite Missions, Rome, 2015
• 5th Nano-Satellite Symposium, Univ. of Tokyo, 2013
• 19th International Congress on Sound and Vibration, Vilnius, 2012
30th Annual AIAA/USU Conferen
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.