Oxford, United Kingdom
Propulsion Systems engineer experienced in design and development of top class industry level space projects. Experienced in working with multi-disciplined global teams and interacting with customers and suppliers. Takes pride in adapting rapidly to new challenges and in building relationships at all levels to ensure successful project outcomes. Focused on technical synergy, on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
Thales Alenia Space (TAS-UK) – Harwell Oxford, UK Jan 2016 – Present
Propulsion Systems Engineer
ExoMars 2020 Carrier Module Propulsion System (ESA)
- Tech lead on tanks and Latch Valve
Reviews: EQSR, MRR, TRR and TRB,
Latch Valve qualification test campaign
- Support to tech lead (architect)
Writing of key system documents for PDR and CDR, e.g.
Verification Control Document
Managing requirements to structural team
- Focal point for propulsion system MAIT (TAS-France)
- Propulsion System Structural model, responsible for design and manufacture
- Direct contact with the customer (OHB Germany)
AIRBUS Defence & Space – Stevenage, UK May 2013 – June 2015
Propulsion Engineer – Telecommunication Satellites / Earth Observation Missions
Propulsion engineer EUROSTAR NEO, new generation AIRBUS’ Telecom Satellite (Phase B, ESA).
- Tech Lead for propellant tank development.
- Analysis of propulsion system performance
Design of the SOLAR ORBITER Purge System, Sun observation scientific mission (ESA/NASA). The purge system is responsible for the cleanliness of the Scientific Instruments.
Tech lead for chemical propulsion system of JASON CS satellite (Phase B2), Oceanic Altimetry (ESA/NASA).
- Architect for Phase B1
EUROSTAR 3000 Telecommunication Satellite
- Analysis of the propulsion system of telecommunication satellite Eurostar E3000tm. A proprietary software was used to: carry out performance calculations of the Liquid Apogee Engine (Aerojet) and for analysing the overall propulsion system performance.
- Programming of the one-dimensional flow solver for the analysis of E3000 satellite propulsion system. The language used was Turbo Pascal with the platform Embarcadero Delphitm.
Rolls Royce plc – Derby, UK January 2012 – May 2013
Development/Test Engineer - Trent XWB Gas Turbine Engine – Turbine & Turbine Cooling (TCC) System Development of the Turbine Cooling secondary air system and the Intermediate Pressure Turbine
- Verification Lead Engineer: Establishing and updating validation and verification (via Test) for the TCC System and for the IP Turbine hardware
- Leading Root Cause Investigations on turbine component failures or off design intent events
- Direct daily experience on evaluating failed and deteriorated turbine components
- Responsibility of engine tests, for Intermediate Pressure Turbine
- Support to the Design team for the Engine Development Program
- Arranging and supporting the build, test and strip cycles for development vehicles
- Producing technical documents: engine strip reports, reports on design modifications, Flight Approval documents
Alta S.p.a. (space propulsion) – Pisa, Italy July 2010 – July 2011
Research Designer (As part of Master’s study)
- Design of the combustion and mixing chambers of a green bipropellant (H2/H2O2) rocket thruster.
- Computational Fluid-dynamic (CFD) analysis of the mixing and combustion of a reacting mixture (Ansys CFX), for a space industry rocket
- Testing of the propulsive performance of a green bipropellant thruster prototype
- Experience on professional packages as Pro/Engineer, ANSYS CFX, ANSYS Structural
Preparatory school “Centro studi Michelangelo” - Pistoia, Italy October 2010 – June 2011
- Teaching of Mathematics and Physics.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering, University of Pisa, Italy, October 2011
Major: Space Engineering, Propulsion. Thesis work titled: “Design and testing of a bipropellant H2/H2O2 rocket”. Final grade: 110/110
Bachelor in Aerospace Engineering, March 2008 Thesis work titled: “Carbon-Carbon composite materials”
High School Technical Mechanical Diploma 1999 – 2004
ITIS “S. Fedi”, Pistoia
Naga Earth – August 2015 – Siem Reap, Cambodia
Environmental Social Enterprise producing Biodiesel and soap. Support in improvement of the process and safety.
Mobility: Willing to travel, current and clean driving license (EU, B)
Italian (Mother tongue),
English (Negotiation level written and spoken),
Hobbies: Singing, reading, Running
Date of Birth: October 1985
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.