Excellent communication and leadership skills coupled with a good sense of teamwork. Proficient in MS Office.
AIR WARFARE CENTRE RAF WADDINGTON
2013 - present
As a senior staff officer within the warfare centre I head of small team as subject matter experts for the Royal Air Force.
- Co-authored the AIR Command Cyber Strategy for the implementation of cyber awareness throughout the Royal Air Force and endorsed at the Air Force Board – a meeting of the highest Air Force ranking officer. Coupled with this I am responsible for the organisation, planning and co-ordination of the associated programme plan across the Air Force involving over 100 personnel.
- Responsible for the production of a very senior level endorsed strategy and plan. Run a computer simulation lab responsible to the RAF and other government agencies which is coupled to a complex system throughout the UK and the US.
- Head of an embryonic information warfare cell with the RAF component headquarters; this is the first time that this has been exercised and will now be developed into a capability after the outstanding success of the venture.
- Recently (Sep 2016) completed a 9-month tour with the US Forces in Korea as co-ordination planner for US and Korean military forces. Similarly was employed to enhance, review and co-ordinate the civilian evacuation orders and entry process for military forces in times of crisis.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER ROYAL AIR FORCE GIBRALTAR
2010 - 2013
Responsible for the day to day organisation and running of the military airport in Gibraltar co-shared with the Gibraltar Government for the safe and legal operation of civilian and military flights.
- Organisation and planning of various military aircraft detachments involved close planning with the UK and Gibraltar Governments involving over flights and political sensitivities with Spain.
- Writing and co-ordinating the airfield emergency action plan involving all Governmental elements and UK Forces in Gibraltar.
JOINT GROUND BASED AIR DEFENCE ROYAL AIR FORCE HIGH WYCOMBE
2008 - 2010
As the senior staff officer responsible for future capability I was responsible to LAND for the -future Rapier replacement being head of the Jt GBAD procurement team at RAF High Wycombe. Responsible to AIR Command for the provision of the replacement for the mobile data link picture provision to the field commander resulting from many meetings at both senior military and civilian level.
RAF MUHARRAQ Bahrain
Detachment Commander - 2008 (6-months)
Responsible to the Air Component Commander in Qatar for the safe delivery of VIP personnel throughout the Iraq and Afghanistan joint operating area. As the only officer in a team for approx. 50 staff had overall responsibility for all planning and delivery of VIP aircraft to and from Bahrain involving those of coalition partners. A very fast dynamic operating environment where the ability to remain flexible and in control was paramount.
- Organised many flights to and from Muharraq from 4-star military personnel to the Prime Minister and MPs to members of the Royal Family.
- Organised a very senior multi-coalition conference involving accommodation, flight planning and arrival and co-ordination with the Bahraini Government.
JOINT DATA LINK MANAGEMENT ORGANISATION ROYAL AIR FORCE HIGH WYCOMBE
Officer Commanding Network Design Cell - 2001 - 2008
- Responsible for all data link production and training for air, maritime and land platforms during the Iraq and Afghanistan conflict and personally wrote the data link network used by UK forces in the evacuation of Lebanon.
- Head of delegation to the equivalent US data link cell and co-chair of an international data link sub-working group for US/UK and coalition data link production. Travelled extensively throughout the Middle East and the US.
Prior to 2001 various fighter control (airspace battle management) positions with the UK and Europe.
Post Graduate Certificate Cranfield University 2015 Cyberspace Operations
Bachelor of Science (BSc (Hons)) Royal Holloway College, University of London 1983 Biochemistry
RYA VHF Short Range GDMCC, RYA Diesel Engine Course, RYA Radar Theory, Powerboat Level II, 1st Aid
City & Guilds Aviation Studies
Training and Continuous Professional Development
Post-graduate certificate (PG Cert) in Cyberspace Operations Cranfield University 2016
United States Army Cyber Awareness Challenge - 2016
Introduction to Cyber Security – Open University 2015
Cyber Practitioners Intermediate Course – Royal School of Signals 2015
Developed Vetting – 1990 to present
United States Air Force Cyber Awareness Challenge - 2014
Defence Information Passport - 2013
Aircraft Post Crash Management – Military Aviation Authority 2011
Flight Safety Officers’ Course - Military Aviation Authority 2011
Aerospace Battle Command & Control - 2010
STRAPSO Course - 2010
Tactical Radar Operators Course - 2010
Intermediate Command & Staff College - Shrivenham 2009
Foundation Certificate in Software Testing – ISEB 2008
ECDL - 2007
Instructional Design 1 & 2, , Analysis of Training – Defence Centre of Training Support - 2006
Aviation Studies – Open Tech Aviation 1991
PADI Divemaster– 2011
BCS – 2008
Graduateship Leadership and Management (GCMI) – City & Guilds - 2008
Member Institute Leadership and Management (MInstLM) - 2007
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.