- 24 years of experience in Geomatics.
- Well developed skills and solid knowledge in Remote Sensing (RS), Satellite Digital Image Processing (DIP) of different sensors, including low resolution, high resolution, Hyper-Spectral and RADAR.
- Ability to solve complex problems in digital image processing.
- Versatility in handling different Image Processing and GIS software, as well as in handling the various data storage formats.
- Excellent working relationships.
- Self motivated and hard working.
- International training (Venezuela, Canada, USA, France, China).
- Willingness to travel.
- Management Capabilities.
- Research Projects participation.
Current position: Research and Development Professional (Level IV). From 09/01/96 to date (Digital Image Processing Center - Institute of Engineering Foundation for Research and Technological Development (FIIIDT)). Responsabilities:
- Engage actively in carrying out research and development projects.
- Coordinate projects and services to public and private sectors.
- Provide support, training and solve problems inherent to Satellite Digital Image Processing from Optical sensors (IKONOS, LANDSAT, SPOT, SPIN, NOAA, SEASTAR, MODIS, ZY-3, ASTER, MIRANDA, etc..) Hyper-Spectral Images (Hyperion) and radar (RADARSAT, ERS, JERS, etc.).
- Provide data for Geographic Information Systems.
- Research Projects.
- Teach Geomatics Courses at Basic, Intermediate and Advanced levels.
- Operate Terminal SPOT 5.
- Schedule SPOT 4 and 5 images.
- Coordinate Geomatics training for two years.
- Participate in outreach events such as Science and Technology Symposia and congresses.
- Coordinate IV National Conference of Geomatics at Institute of Engineering Foundation, October 2011.
- Develop and lead E-Learning Courses in Geomatics.
- Senior University technician in Computer Science. Instituto Universitario de Tecnología - Región Capital . 1984.
- Management Specialist. Universidad Yacambú (Yacambú University). 2002.
- Geomatics Specialist. Universidad Central de Venezuela. 2009.
- Computer Science Engineer . Instituto Universitario de Tecnología. 2012.
- Native speaker of Spanish.
- Advanced speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in English.
- Intermediate speaking and listening, basic writing skills in Portuguese.
- Expert user of Digital Image Processing Software: ENVI, ERDAS IMAGINE, PCI GEOMATICA, NEST, BEAM, Map Ready, etc.
- Proficient in the use of GIS Software: ArcView, Arc GIS, gvSIG, QGis, etc.
- Proficient user of Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8. Linux.
- Workshop GlobeSAR II. Place: Institute of Engineering Foundation, Caracas, Venezuela. Given by: Canada Centre for Remote Sensing (CCRS). 56 hours.
- Radar Image Processing (1998). Place: Canada Centre for Remote Sensing (CCRS), Ottawa, Canada. 2 weeks.
- Orthorectification of Ikonos Imagery (2000). Place: Canada Centre for Remote Sensing (CCRS), Ottawa, Canada. 1 week.
- Internship in Satelital Oceanography (2004). Place: University of South Florida (USF) – Institute for Marine Remote Sensing (IMARS). Florida, USA. 12 weeks.
- SPOT 5 Direct Receiving Stations Training (2008). Place: SPOT IMAGE, Toulouse, France. 1 week.
- Project Managment Training (2008). Given by: Andrés Bello Catholic University. Place: Caracas, Venezuela. 140 hours.
- SPOT Programming. Place: Caracas, Venezuela (2009). Given by: SPOT Image. 28 hours.
- Venezuelan Remote Sensing Satellite 1 (VRSS-1) Calibration (2012). Place: Satellite Surveying and Mapping Application Center (SASMAC), Beijing, China. 30 days.
- SELPER (Latin American Society for Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Systems).
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.