15 Jan 2007–Present Flight Dynamics-Precise Orbit Determination Engineer
Main Tasks in the area of Precise Orbit Determination (POD) Engineering and Radio Occultation (RO):
▪ Provide support to the development, configuration and operation of a dedicated POD platform for Low Earth Orbit satellites. ▪ Provide support to the design and implementation of the re-engineered GRAS (GNSS Receiver for Atmospheric Sounding) Product Processing Facility (PPF). In particular prototyping, assessing new processing techniques and algorithms and coordinating with the different facilities impacted by the new design.
▪ Participate in technical evaluation boards as an expert for different Invitations To Tender. ▪ Support to GRAS operations, anomaly investigation, anomaly report generation, anomaly resolution, testing and deployment of new versions of operational software.
▪ Support the EPS SG program in the POD, RO and GNSS areas (requirement analysis, perform studies, support writing of documentation, etc.)
▪ Support the Sentinel3 mission in POD and GNSS related matters (requirement analysis, follow up industry development of the POD Instrument Processing Facility (IPF), participation in reviews as needed, etc.)
▪ Liaise with industry for maintenance of the POD software, including statement of work writing, verification, validation and acceptance. ▪ Enhancement of the offline POD platform to produce experimentally Near Real Time Operational Geophysical Data Record (OGDR) for the Jason-2 mission that outperforms the standard product by producing a more accurate orbit using GPS observables.
▪ Monitor the performances of the GRAS Ground Support Network (GSN), which is an operational system to support the GRAS instrument providing mainly near real time GPS precise orbits and clock corrections and earth observation parameters. Support the coordination of the improvements to the system and their impact on the operational EPS ground segment.
▪ Support the reprocessing activities of the RO missions (Metop and Cosmic) in the frame of the ERA-CLIM project for climate monitoring and research. Active involvement in the design, development and testing not only of the POD, but of all steps up to L1b products (bending angles).
▪ Interface with scientific organisations and user communities, i.e. participate in several ROM SAF project meetings, member of the RO Instrument Functional Chain Team for EPS-SG at EUMETSAT, and member of the Copernicus POD Quality Working Group for the Copernicus missions.
Main tasks in the area of Flight Dynamics Engineering:
▪ Flight Dynamics Support to EPS operations, ensuring continuous support to all ground segment functionalities.
▪ Prepare, execute and calibrate manoeuvres for the EUMETSAT Polar System (EPS) (Metop-A and Metop-B satellites)
▪ Support the implementation of improvements and further automation to the EPS operations.
▪ Support to the future Jason-CS mission contributing to the Mission Analysis Report.
▪ Integrated into the operations team ensure continuous support to all Ground Segment functionalities for the Flight Dynamics Facility (FDF) 1 May 2003–14 Jan 2007 Senior project engineer at the Navigation Office at ESA/ESOC for GMV S.A GRAS/GSN Project- Operational system to support GRAS instrument on-board of the Metop satellite, providing mainly near real time GPS precise orbits and clock corrections.
▪ Design of the system, including Architecture Design Document generation, starting from the System Requirement Document.
▪ Develop new functionalities and adapt existing software to satisfy the design and the specified interface with the EPS Core Ground Segment (CGS).
▪ Design and perform the unit, integration and validation tests (end to end), including integration plan, validation plan and report in order to ensure a successful Service Verification Review (follow the ECSS standard).
▪ Design of the operations concept, including Service Operation Plan and Service Operation Procedure in order to ensure a smooth operations phase. ▪ Support the operations and maintenance of the system in its first stages. Automatic Transfer Vehicle (ATV) project
▪ Perform several independent studies for the project, and participate in different acceptance reviews related to GPS based navigation. International GNSS Service (IGS) project
▪ Maintenance and improvement of the existing software for daily product generation (GPS precise orbits and clock corrections). In particular participates in the migration to NAPEOS-GPS (Navigation Package for Earth Observation Satellites)
▪ Develop / Implement and test new geodesy algorithms for improving the system performance (i.e. IERS2003 standards).
1 Jan 2001–5 Jan 2003
Design Engineer/Team Leader at EADS-CASA Airbus for BCT Design and development of aeronautical structures.
Liaise with the stress and systems department and management of a small working group (4 persons).
Main projects: MRTT, A380.
1 Oct 1999–20 Dec 2000 Product Quality Manager (On the job Training)
Airbus Industrie (Toulouse) Interface with the customers, Airbus support organisations and the production partners to appraise all product quality related issues before and after aircraft entry into service. Initiate corrective actions in order to ensure Airbus Quality standards and customer satisfaction
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
3 Jul 2013–5 Jul 2013 Certified Professional Scrum Master
25 Jun 2012–29 Jun 2012 Space Systems Engineering
15 Sep 1993–15 Jun 1999 Masters of Science Aerospace Engineering (top 3%) Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
15 Sep 1978–15 Jun 1993 A level at German School (Bilbao) German School Bilbao
Mother tongue(s) Spanish
- Good abilities for synthetic and global views over concrete situations
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds Organisational / managerial skills Prioritization
- Timelines driven - End-oriented work capacity - Problem-solving attitude
- Responsibility, self-respect and self-reliance
- Strong referential values of fairness, equity and dignity Other skills
- Experience in software development activities following methodologies, standards and processes - Experience writing Statements Of Work and in Technical Evaluation Boards
- Experience in near real time, instrument data processing in the area of Earth Observation - Experience in specification, design, implementation, Integration, Verification & Validation of systems - Experience in level1 algorithm development for RO
- Experience interfacing with scientific organisations and user communities.
- Experience in software engineering practices (configuration control, definition and formalization of architectures and interfaces, software testing) - Office (Microsoft Office, Open Office)
- Platforms (Linux/Solaris/AIX) - Programming (C, C++ F77, F90, Tcl/Tk, python)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.