An adaptable and highly professional Spacecraft Controller and Communications Systems Engineer with twelve years experience across a wide range of telecommunication and IT systems. Versatile, has lead teams of 10 personnel under arduous conditions but also self motivated to complete tasks alone, which have directly facilitated operations.
• Spacecraft Controller
• CCNA Routing and Switching
• Adaptable and able to learn new systems quickly.
• Proven customer care skills, dealing effectively with complaints and queries.
Eumetsat/Serco Spacecraft Controller 2016 – Present
• Operating on a 24/7 shift basis all or part of the mission control system, which includes parts of the ground segment as well as the space segment.
• Assisting in configuring and testing the operational system to support the operations.
• Taking corrective action as necessary in case of ground or space segment anomaly, applying the contingency/emergency procedures approved for the mission to ensure spacecraft safety and the continuity of service provision to users.
• Participating in other operations-related activities (small system development, procedures development or maintenance etc.) upon request of the Team Leader.
British Army Team Leader, Germany 2012 - 2016 Team Leader responsible for conducting technical support functions to a unit with 20 tactical communications platforms, and the professional development and mentoring of 120 personnel.
• Oversaw and co-ordinated bi-annual 1st line inspections of 20 tactical communications platforms, in value of circa £6.5m, giving senior management reassurance of operational readiness.
• Conducted Unit training to 120 soldiers on correct fault reporting procedures. Resulting in more timely processing of faulty equipment leading to greater operational effectiveness.
• Managed a department of 12 staff on a day to day basis ensuring all technical support functions were carried out effectively against demanding time and resource constraints.
Promina Network Engineer/Forward Repair Team Member, Afghanistan - 2010 - 2012 Part of a team responsible for maintenance, monitoring and fault finding across the Promina Network in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Also part of forward repair team that would be deployed to remote locations to work on a variety of equipment.
• Responded to fault reports from a number of users from many services on the Promina Network. Rectified faults that directly facilitated operations.
• Liaised with other agencies in the UK to resolve satellite communications fault that affected 300+ soldiers being able to make welfare calls back to UK.
• Installed command and control systems including Microsoft servers and communication links in remote locations.
Team Member, Germany - 2006 - 2010 Part of a ten strong team providing technical support functions to a unit with 24 tactical communications platforms and 150 users.
• Designed and produced a loop back testing device for military telephony cable. Reduced the need to re-run cables and so increased operational effectiveness.
• System administrator for unit’s I.T infrasctructure.
Certificate of Higher Education Bournemouth University 2013
Certificate of Higher Education in Communications Systems Engineering Higher Dumbarton Academy 1997
English, History, Modern Studies Standard Grades Dumbarton Academy 1995
English, French, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Computing
Training and Continuous Professional Development
Certified METEOSAT 7 Spacecraft Controller.
Systems Engineering Technician Class III Paradigm VSAT Promina SYNERGY CCNA Routing and Switching Communications Systems Engineering Class I
Full, clean driving licence Excellent health, non smoker Currently enrolled on German language course at B1 level.
Enjoy trekking and wild camping. Also hold Competent Crew qualification from The Royal Yachting Association and have been on several sailing expeditions around the Baltic Sea.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.