Carlos has over 20 years of international experience in a number of regional and global sales and business development managerial roles in EMEA and LATAM markets. His main focus has been into Business Information/Intelligence, Data Analytics, Software & Services and the whole Energy value chain.
Among his Specialties are:
• Relationship Management & Solution Selling.
• Business Development.
• Operational Excellence.
• Partner Ecosystem Management.
• Global strategic team account management and leadership.
• Track record at developing, refining and implementing successful business strategies with strong focus on customer delight.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
November 2015 – Actual: DigitalGlobe – Spain (Madrid)
Senior Sales Manager – EMEAR
• Manage Key Accounts and Develop New Business among Energy, Environmental and EPC markets in EMEAR Region.
• Manage strategic relationship with main Global Partner.
April 2013 – July 2015: Halliburton Landmark - Spain (Madrid)
Global Account Manager
• Managed Halliburton’s Landmark global strategic business relationship at all levels with major Spanish Oil & Gas client while nurtured new business opportunities at strategically prospected companies with head offices in Spain.
• Main interactions with executives in charge of managing groups within Drilling & Completions, Geosciences, Data Management, Production, Engineering, Corporate/Business Unit IT and Procurement, among others.
• Coordinated with Halliburton´s Landmark management and sales teams in different geographies for full alignment to the client´s software & services needs from a global strategic perspective.
• 5.5 million USD revenue in 2014 / 17% growth vs. 2013.
• Over 4 million USD revenue in 2013 / 46% growth vs. 2012.
• 20% of revenue growth generated from new business development.
September 2008 – March 2013: IHS Markit - Spain (Madrid)
Account Director Energy Insights EMEA - Aug 2012 – March 2013
• Developed and managed relationships with prospected and assigned global and regional Oil Markets clients in EMEA region within main functional areas of the customer’s organization.
• Leveraged from new relationships to develop strong revenue growth initiatives for Oil Markets portfolio as well as built new profitable business with IHS largest and most strategic prospects in EMEA region.
• Responsible for achieving specified bookings targets for new business sales of Retainer/Renewal, Consulting, and Other (i.e. Paid Presentations & Multi-client Studies).
• Over 5.6 million USD revenue / 17% over quota in 2012.
• 30% of revenue growth generated from new business development.
Global Strategic Account Manager - Sept. 2008 – July 2012
• Built profitable long-term customer partnerships and thereby gained competitive advantage for Global and Regional Strategic Accounts to meet or exceed sales targets.
• Coordinated the IHS team resources globally to effectively align strategic objectives of the Customer with IHS’ strategic objectives.
• Prioritized new business opportunities and executed cross-selling and up-selling practices necessary to successful open doors and close these opportunities.
• By reporting to VP Energy Global Accounts EMEA, supported the IHS vision for the accounts by developing and implementing the strategic business plan for mutual value, relationship management, business analysis, problem and solution identification and resolution.
• 13.3 million USD revenue exceeding overall quota for 2011 and 21% revenue growth versus 2010.
• 11 million USD revenue / 26% over quota in 2010 (50% from Cross-Selling initiatives).
• Sales Excellence Award in 2010 and Sales Achievement Awards in 2011 and 2012.
June 1996 - March 2008: Chevron Corporation - USA (Houston), Venezuela (Caracas) &
Spain (Madrid & Valencia)
Key Account Manager Spain & Portugal - Chevron Global Lubricants Co. - Nov. 2005 – Mar 2008
• Managed and developed new sales of lube oils and related products to Key Accounts, OEM’s and Global/Regional customers and prospects in Spain and Portugal.
• Customers and prospects portfolio within the automotive, transport and industrial sectors (including renewable energy, gas generation and utilities companies).
• € 5.0 million sales in 2007, 10% overall sales growth and over 20% sales growth within the industrial sector.
• Contributed to the creation and development of 21 new key customers during 2006-2007 period.
Direct Sales Manager Spain - Chevron Texaco Global Lubricants Co. - June 2003 – Oct. 2005
• Supervised a team of 7 direct and 5 indirect Account Managers to achieve their sales objectives within the automotive, transport and industrial sectors.
• Managed a sales skills improvement plan with members of my team.
• Responsible for organizational development, operational excellence, capital stewardship and cost reduction initiatives within my sales team and direct sales activity.
• € 6.0 million sales in 2004, a 4% growth in sales versus previous year.
• Implemented efficiencies in the account management and sales coverage within my team which allowed us to establish the roots to profitable growth for 2004 and afterward.
Area Sales Manager Spain & Portugal – Chevron Oronite Additives Company - March 2001 – May 2003
• Managed a branch office for specialty chemicals / petrochemicals sales within the Iberia peninsula.
• Responsible for sales to more than 45 clients, both national, regional and global, with manufacturing plants located in Spain and Portugal.
• Represented the company as Vice President for legal and sales responsibilities in the Iberia penninsula and supervised a sales-logistic assistant and third parties service providers.
• Exceeded € 20 million sales goal in 2002.
Account Manager North Latin America – Chevron Oronite Additives Company - Nov. 1998 – Feb. 2001
• Managed direct sales of specialty chemicals / petrochemicals to national and global customers in Northern Latin America.
• Sales over 15 million USD in 1999 and 18 million USD in 2000, a 20% sales growth that positioned Chevron Oronite as the leader supplier in Venezuela.
• Actively contributed to the consolidation of a strategic alliance with the Venezuelan national state oil & gas company by gaining 80% of the business for a 5+year contract.
• Contributed to the establishment, personnel hiring and kick-off of a sales branch office to cover the Andean market.
Sales Specialist North Latin America – Chevron Chemical Company - June 1996 – Oct. 1998
• Coordinated marketing and sales activities related to specialty chemicals / petrochemicals both directly and through channel partners within North Latin America area (Mexico, Central America, Caribbean, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador & Peru).
• Coordinated product approval and certification programs between Chevron and American and Japanese Certification Institutes as well as with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s).
• Contributed with 15 million USD sales through channel partners and direct sales within the region.
PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN DIGITAL MARKETING (in progress): July 2015 – ongoing
Digital Marketing Institute – DMI (Dublin, Ireland)
EXECUTIVE MASTER IN SALES MANAGEMENT & MARKETING: October 2002 – July 2003
IE Business School (Madrid, Spain)
BSc. BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (Emphasis in International Marketing): August 1992 – May 1996
University of Kansas (Lawrence - Kansas, U.S.A.)
ENGLISH: full professional proficiency
ITALIAN: professional working proficiency
PORTUGUESE: Basic working proficiency (A1 - A2 QERC)
User level knowledge: Salesforce; Microsoft CRM, Lync and Office; Zoom; WebEx; Skype for Business; Xactly; Concur; Lotus Notes; SAP; among other business tools.
Target Account Selling, The TAS Group (Houston – TX, USA) May 2013
High-Tech Selling System, Sandler (Houston – TX, USA) April 2013
Strategic Selling Training, Miller Heiman Inc. (Bracknell, UK.) Oct. 2008
Large Account Management Training, Miller Heiman Inc. (Bracknell, UK.) Oct. 2008
Project Finance, CIFF (Madrid, Spain) April 2008
Finance for non-Finance Managers, Chevron (Ghent, Belgium) April 2004
Key Account Management, Frost & Sullivan (Ghent, Belgium) Feb. 2004
ISO/TS-16949:2002, Bureau Veritas (Valencia, Spain) June 2003
ISO 9000:2000 Lead Auditor, Bureau Veritas (Madrid, Spain) June 2008
Management Abilities, ESADE (Madrid, Spain) Oct. 2003
Citizenship: European Union (Spain), Venezuela
Driver license: B type E.U., U.S.A.
Social Security: Spain & U.S.A.
Exposure to new cultures and global networking.
Travel to discover new geographies, people and tastes.
Sports: golf, tennis, alpine ski, mountain bike, among others.
Animals’ lover, specially dogs.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.