Telecommunication engineer and PhD in remote sensing of essential climate variables with 10 years of work experience in research and research management, and casual tertiary education teaching. Able to initiate/manage cross-functional, multi-cultural teams, as well as multi-disciplinary projects involving ESA, NASA, and JAXA. Passionate about conducting and managing research which has a positive societal impact, science outreach, and promoting gender equity in STEM disciplines.
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT / DECISION MAKING / SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION / ORGANISATION & PLANNING / CRITICAL THINKING / DATA ANALYSIS / CODING, MATHS & IT TOOLS / RELATIONSHIP BUILDING / INITIATIVE
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
** POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW
Monash University, Department of Civil Engineering / Clayton, AUSTRALIA / May 2011 – April 2016
Worked on several national and international projects involving ground and airborne field experiments, validation of soil moisture/vegetation satellite products from NASA and JAXA, sensor networks, and new-concept instruments to monitor soil moisture and crop properties.
- PI of a Grains Research and Development Corporation project for surface soil moisture and crop growth estimation using Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
- Planned and coordinated the GNSS-R Experiments over land in Australia (2013-2014), the first of their kind world-wide using a new proof-of-concept technology developed by colleagues in UPC-BarcelonaTech.
- Coordinated the third Soil Moisture Active Passive Experiment (SMAPEx-3), an international research project with 22 participants of 5 countries, including universities, research institutes, and space agencies. This field experiment was part of the NASA SMAP pre-launch Cal/Val rehearsal activities.
- Managed the Australian Hydrological Monitoring Network (OzNet) in terms of data processing, archiving, and distribution to end-users. Planned the required maintenance tasks and coordinated the work of the technical staff. During this time, (i) the whole network was upgraded and radio-communication systems installed to access the data online, (ii) OzNet data was being used by NASA for the validation of NASA SMAP soil moisture products.
- Established and maintained relationships with small- and stakeholders in the Australian agriculture sector, which led to joint research projects.
** EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Barcelona Expert Centre (BEC) / Barcelona, SPAIN / Feb 2007 – April 2011
BEC was established in 2007 as a joint venture of Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) and Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC, Spanish National Research Council). Initially, its focus was to provide scientific consulting for the European Space Agency SMOS mission, but then expanded into a multi-disciplinary remote sensing research, and data distribution and visualisation institute.
- Contributed to the writing of project proposals, reports and presentations in support of the BEC Chair.
- Chaired internal management meetings, and attended kick-off and progress meetings with government bodies and industry partners.
- Coordinated the progress of the research and directly supervised 6 research staff. Accountable to ensure that the BEC Team delivered project milestones and outputs on time.
- Coordinated the tasks of the 2 IT staff in terms of hardware purchases and maintenance, software development in support of the research staff, and operational connectivity to/from DPGS (Data Processing Ground Segment, European Space Agency centre in Madrid, Spain) and to/from SMOS CP34 (Centro de Producción de Datos de Niveles 3 y 4), the Spanish National data distribution centre for higher level satellite products.
** TEACHING ASSISTANT
Department of Signal Theory and Communications, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) / Barcelona, SPAIN / Sep 2003 – Feb 2006
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.