Vice President of Engineering - Kip, kipthis.com (March 2015 - Present)
• Brought a focus on rigorous engineering analysis and measurement to the company
• Studied the feasibility, cost, and potential return of technical projects in order to help the founders and Board define the strategic direction of the company
• Architected a successful pivot from a mobile app to a first-to-market chat bot in the emerging field of conversational commerce, leading to growth in funding and hiring
• Specific technologies leveraged include Node.js, Python, Docker, Google Cloud, AWS, Linux, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Caffe, Gensim, and TextBlob
Software Developer, FreeFlyer team - a.i. solutions, Inc. (June 2014 - March 2015)
• Developed the first prototype of Meridian, a new ground station for GEO satellite operations built with FreeFlyer, Node.js, C#, Angular, and MongoDB
• Took initiative to interview spacecraft operators to identify major ground station pain points, improve Meridian’s usability, and test beta-level software
• Wote and thoroughly tested new features in C++ such as an extended Kalman filter
• Used machine learning techniques to identify causes of FreeFlyer runtime regressions
• Ported FreeFlyer from Windows to Linux and built .deb and .rpm packages
Software Developer Intern - Odyssey Space Research, Inc. (May 2010 - August 2010)
• Contributed to JSC Engineering Orbital Dynamics (JEOD) using C++ and Trick
Software Developer - IQ License (Dec 2013 - June 2014)
• Typical startup software development: Node.js, MongoDB, Ember, Elasticsearch
Software Developer - Capital IQ (Nov 2011 - Dec 2013)
• ME Aerospace Engineering - Iowa State University (2011). Earned ME under Dr. Ping Lu, specializing in guidance, navigation and control.
• BS Aerospace Engineering - University of Notre Dame (2009)
• Volunteer at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.