PhD in Optical Science and Engineering (GPA 3.95) University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
○ Dissertation Title: Stratified microresonators - Fabrication, Characterization and Potential Applications ○ Advisor: Dr. Tsing-Hua Her 2012 - present
MS Applied Physics (GPA 4) University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC 2016
Bachelor of Technology, Information Technology (GPA 3.85) Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur, India
○ Thesis Title: Simulation of Polarization Mode Dispersion on RZ-DPSK pulses in optical fibers for Bit Error Rate analysis. ○ Advisor: Dr. Pradeep Kumar, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur 2010
UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC Center for Metamaterials. NSF I/UCRC
○ Numerically demonstrated wavefront shaping with dielectric fiber arrays in Matlab. ○ Obtained Letters of Support from Ball Aerospace and Corning for NSF AIR-TT grant as Entrepreneurial Lead at NSF I-Corps program ○ Proposed Willow Metasurface using Corning Willow glass as flexible substrate ○ Work led to filing of 2 patents Sept 2015 - May 2017
Center for Precision Metrology (CPM)
○ Seed project: Displacement sensing with Microchip laser ○ Gained maximum votes of CPM Affiliates and full project grant for 18 months Department of Physics and Optical Science ○ Overcame the challenge of non-uniform coating of optical fibers in PECVD. ○ Coated NIST’s microrod resonator with SiNx. Resultant Q factor was 2.2x106 ○ Non-invasively characterized thin films on fibers using their scattering signature. ○ Observed PBG effect in scattering of Bragg Fibers allowing directional suppression and enhancement in scattering. Developed a model to explain the phenomenon. ○ Observed that refractive index and growth rate of films on fibers in PECVD depend on speed of rotation of the fiber. ○ Used transfer matrix method to calculate WGM field in multilayered fibers. ○ Assisted in writing grant proposals. ○ Supervised work of 2 undergraduate students. Spring 2015 2013 - present
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
○ Project Assistant at Center for Quantum Information and Quantum Computation ○ Built frequency doubler for cooling laser for Calcium ions, Interfaced Photon Detector for background noise subtraction, tested home built Pound Drever Hall Locking circuit, Aligned bow-tie cavities, tapered amplifier, optical fibers, Laser locking with Doppler-free Saturation Absorption Spectroscopy. 2011- 2012
Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
○ Summer Research Fellow at Light and Matter Physics Group ○ Project title : Basics of Polarization and Quantum Communication ○ Realized different interferometers and polarization states. Theoretical study of Quantum Key Distribution Protocols and different attack schemes. June - Aug 2010
○ Her, T., Naqvi, Z., Farahi F.; Grating Metasurface for Phase Shifting Mirrors, U.S. Patent 61/411,175, Filed Oct. 21, 2016, Patent Pending ○ Her T., Naqvi Z., Rosenbury C. and Fiddy M.; Fiber Metasurface for Wavefront Engineering, U.S. Patent 62/330,448, Filed May 2, 2016, Patent Pending ○ Her T., Naqvi Z.; Motion Controlled Refractive Index, U.S. Patent 62/305,193, Filed March 8, 2016, Patent Pending ○ Naqvi Z.; Sliding Block puzzle game with Laser Beam, U.S. Patent 20150367229A1, Filed June 22, 2015, Patent Pending PUBLICATIONS ○ Z. Naqvi, C. Rosenbury, M. Fiddy and T. Her, “Fiber-Metasurface for Wavefront Shaping,” in CLEO, OSA, 2017, paper JTu5A.48 ○ Z. Naqvi, M. Green, C. Wang, and T. Her, "Characterization of Bragg Fibers by Mie scattering," in CLEO, OSA, 2016, paper JTu5A.112. ○ M. Green, Z. Naqvi, K. Smith and T. Her, “Fabrication and characterization of uniform conformal thin films of SiO2 and SiNx on optical fibers. in IEEE HONET (Photonics for Energy). 2014.
○ OSA, SPIE, Phi Kappa Phi, Sigma Pi Sigma
○ Metafibers and Metafabrics, NSF CfM IAB Meeting at OSA Headquarters, DC and Corning Inc., Corning NY ○ Metafibers, NSF I-Corps Sites program, Ventureprise Charlotte Launch ○ Microchip Lasers for displacement sensing, CPM Affiliates meeting, UNC Charlotte ○ Poster presentations at CLEO conference, San Jose, CA Oct 2015 & Oct 2016 Jul 2016 Apr 2015 2016 & 2017
○ APS-DLS Travel Grant to attend CLEO 2016 ○ Departmental Travel grant for OSA Student Leadership conference at FiO ○ Summer Research Fellowship, Indian Academy of Science ○ Merit cum Means Scholarship by State Government in India 2016 2013 2010 2009
○ MATLAB, Simulink, LabVIEW, C, C++, COMSOL. VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE ○ SPIE event: “What quality lighting is and why it matters” ○ Google Fiber sponsored event at Discovery Place ○ Discovery Place and Palisade Park Elementary Girls Science Club ○ Science Educators’ Day at Frontiers in Optics ○ Note Taker for Quantum Mechanics I at Office of Disability Services ○ Math instructor for NGO Shiksha Sopan at IIT Kanpur 2016 2015 2013, 2014, 2016 2013 2012 2009
○ OSA/SPIE Chapter Secretary at UNC Charlotte ○ Organized IONS NA 7 - an international student conference at UNC Charlotte ○ Represented UNC Charlotte at Student Leadership Conference, Orlando FL 2013-2014 2013 2013
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.