I recently graduated with 1st class honours from Imperial College London and my long term objective is to work on future space exploration missions and join the astronaut corps. I trust that academic knowledge, work experience and strong inner motivation will form a good career start in aerospace engineering.
Imperial College London, London, UK (2012-2016)
Master in Aeronautical Engineering (MEng, ACGI) with 1st class honours (equivalent to GPA 4.0).
• Courses included: Aerodynamics, Aerospace Vehicle Design, Orbital Mechanics, Materials Science, Structural Analysis, Numerical and Finite Elements Analysis, Propulsion, Ethics, CFD etc.
• Design & Construction Projects: Small UAV Plane, Wind Turbine, Jumping Robot.
• Experiments: Wind tunnel scale model tests, materials and structures mechanical tests.
• Published 2 papers in Elsevier and EDF international science journals.
Ovidius High School, Constanta, Romania (2008-2012)
Considered one of the elite science high schools in Romania, it offered the education needed to excel in various prestigious competitions and the chance to engage in voluntary work.
OutSmart Insights: Aerospace Engineering Consultant advising BAE Systems. (01.2016 - p.)
• Collaborated with a team of engineers and researchers to identify technological trends in the aerospace industry for the Military Air & Information Department at BAE Systems.
• Conceptualised a 7th generation fighter aircraft employing disruptive technologies.
Citigroup: Business Technology Analyst in the Global Markets Department. (08.2015 - p.)
• Developed computational models to evaluate and manage risks in financial derivatives.
• Worked on comprehensive unstructured data analytics (Big Data Management) in London.
IRS: Space Station Design Workshop (SSDW) Project Manager. (07-08.2016)
• Led a team of 20 to design a space station at the Institute for Space Systems in Germany.
Russian Space Agency: International Nanosatellite Design Collaboration. (08-09.2014)
• Courses and practical astronautics projects with an international team in Samara, Russia.
Imperial College London: Undergraduate Research Assistant. (06-07 2014)
• Designed and led mechanical testing experiments on supercooled metal samples at -200° C.
• Responsible for sample preparation, operation of research equipment and data processing.
European Space Agency Space Weather Satellite Design summer contest. (07-08 2013)
• Created a winning space mission proposal, as part of a team in Alpbach, Austria.
• Responsible for propulsion and attitude control systems, calculated optimum orbit transfers.
HALE UAV Design: a high altitude long endurance solar-powered sailplane UAV. (2014-2015)
• Led the Vehicle Definition team and was awarded the best-in-class Centenary Prize.
• Part of the design choices were then implemented in Facebook's UAV, Project Aquila.
Micro Jumping Robot: designing, building and testing of a miniature robot. (2014-2015)
• Learned to use novel materials and micro-manufacturing techniques.
Wind Turbine Design: CFD simulation, 3D printing and wind tunnel testing. (2013-2014)
• Created as part of a team it achieved one of the top grades in my class.
Aircraft Reticular Structure planning, manufacturing and stress testing. (2012-2013)
• Won the best-in-class award by creating the lightest and strongest structure.
Delegate at the 72nd 'New Enlightenment' European Forum in Alpbach, Austria. (08.2016)
Graduated the Human Planetary Exploration course at Umeå University in Kiruna, Sweden. (08.2016.)
STEM Activity Mentor at the Imperial College London Outreach Centre(06.2016 - p.)
Speaker at the Conference of Romanian Students Professors and Researchers in Oxford. (19.2015.)
• Delivered a 30 min presentation in front of 100+ students, professors and researchers.
Physics and Mathematics Teacher at various tutoring firms in London. (10.2014 - p.)
Rector's Ambassador volunteer at Imperial College London. (2013-2015)
• Representing the university at various events and promoting its prestigious image.
First aid volunteer with St. Johns Ambulance London. (2013-2014)
Founder of a small web & graphics design company in Romania. (2011-2013)
Imperial Science Award for Independent, Open-Minded Thought, by Imperial College. (2015-2016)
Project Merit Prize for the best-in-class dissertation, awarded by Imperial College (2015-2016)
LSRS Student of the Year in Europe Award for outstanding professional performance (2014-2015)
Ambassadors Diploma for outstanding academic performance abroad (2013-2014)
Rector's Ambassador Award for representing the image of Imperial College (2012-2013)
Recipient of 10+ academic scholarships throughout university (2012-2016)
1st prize for exceptional performance in school subjects offered by Ovidius (2008-2012)
1st prize at the international NASA Ames Space Settlement Design Contest (2010-2011)
1st prize at the national Procopiu Physics Laboratory Techniques Contest ((2010-2011)
Honour: National Astronomy and Astrophysics Annual School Olympiad (2010-2011)
European driving license categories A and B including defensive driving training.
International license for operators of water craft class C (rivers), D (sea) and S (sailing).
Currently working towards the sailplane pilot license and the PADI Rescue Diver qualification.
English: Proficient level (C1) - Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency and iBT TOEFL certificates.
French: Independent level (B2) - Diplôme d'Etudes en Langue Française DELF B1 and B2 certificates.
Russian: Beginner level (A2) - Imperial College Horizons Language certificate.
Romanian: Native speaker - 9.6/10 in the Romanian Language & Literature Baccalaureate.
• Excellent knowledge of specialised engineering software (ProE/Creo) and the Autodesk Suite.
• Advanced knowledge of Python, MATLAB, LaTeX and SQL; medium knowledge of C# and Java.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of computer simulations: Computational Fluid Dynamics in StarCCM+, Finite Elements Analysis in Abaqus and Orbital Mechanics in Systems Tool Kit (ATI STK).
• Experience in using continuous integration (Jenkins) and versioning systems (GIT, Perforce).
Microsoft Office Suite
• Obtained the ECDL Expert certificate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Access.
Regularly led university team competitions due to the desire to collaborate, organise, motivate and make effective use of each member's skills in order to develop and implement a winning strategy.
• Led a team for the NASA Space Settlement Design Contest, wining the 1st prize and learning project and team management skills, these were further developed at the ESA Alpbach Summer Contest.
• Coordinated two teams: one to design and build a high altitude scientific balloon, another to conceive an innovative non-polluting airplane concept in the Airbus-Fly Your Ideas contest.
• Achieved the Level 5 qualification from the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Developed the ability to interact and cooperate in a multicultural environment by studying and working with people from all over the world. I improved both my writing and presentation skills by:
• Getting accredited as an Imperial Plus Volunteer through official training in time management, persuasion and negotiation techniques, teamwork, and problem solving.
• Presenting at conferences, workshops and outreach events on technical and inspirational subjects.
• Publishing articles in the Ovidius High School and the National Aeronautical magazines
• Participating in a live interviews for a several TV stations, about my engineering experiences.
Establishing a small company taught me that integrity, passion and a combination of analytical and creative thinking is the key to success in all types of management. Knowledge in this field was gained by:
• Established an overall practical understanding of the business sector working at Citi.
• Attending lectures and events organized by the Imperial College Business School.
• Producing a real business plan for a regional entrepreneurship contest.
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
Taking aircraft modelling and photography as hobbies I developed my attention to detail, patience and good construction skills. Disciplined and tenacious, I like to accomplish my goals, persevere and learn from my mistakes. The sports I practice are: skiing, snowboarding, swimming, body building, diving and gliding. In my spare time, I also enjoy reading both S.F. and science books and based upon them, conceive original hypotheses and ideas. This activity led to:
• The design of an interplanetary transport network and feasible clean energy array.
• Reaching the British national final of the Engineers without Borders contest.
• Participation in the international ENEL Green Energy and NASA Green Aviation contests.
Affiliate member of the Royal Aeronautical Society
Associate member of the City and Guilds of London Institute
Affiliate member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and Ambassador of STEMNET UK
Honorary member of CAESAR (Centre for Accessing Expertise of Students and Alumni from Romania)
Dr. Vito Tagarielli – Academic Supervisor, Lecturer in Structures at Imperial College London
v.tagarielli(at)imperial.ac.uk | Room E359, ACEX Bld., London SW7 2AZ
Additional references available on request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.