Dynamic, results-oriented business development executive with extensive international experience in video and data broadcast services, including content management and distribution. An excellent communicator with the ability to develop business relationships at all levels with large corporations and institutions. Well-connected in relevant telecommunications and broadcast services markets. Telecom engineer and MBA educated.
EUROPEAN BROADCASTING UNION (EBU) 1999 - present Geneva, Switzerland
Head of Partnerships & Procurement 2011 – present
• Negotiated/Managed deals (value of 80 to 100MCHF/year) and developed relationships for the EBU with strategic suppliers/partners in the satellite and fibre services as well as in the broadcast equipment and technology industries. • Scouted broadcast services market for potential companies’ acquisitions. Managed related process and relevant contracted advisors. • Forged business partnerships with key broadcasters and service providers worldwide. • Responsible for management of network resources’ acquisitions for the largest events EBU has served, i.e. Olympics, European football events, Football World cup, selected news events, etc..
Board member and Managing Director Media House Eurovision Rome (MHER) 2009-2014
• Established EBU wholly-owned subsidiary in Rome. Managed the transition of the of the Rome EBU subsidiary in the overall EBU operations. • Renewed long term agreements with Vatican institutions and key Italian broadcast customers.
Head of Strategy and Business Development 2004-2011 (from 2009 also responsible for Eurovision Services procurement)
• Supported business expansion of EBU’s Eurovision services across all geographies (establishment of subsidiaries, Representative office). • Execution of the crucial business plan of the Eurovision fibre network. Acquisition of key customers. • As part-time direct report to the EBU DG, supported planning activity for other EBU departments.
Head of Marketing and Sales 1999- 2004
• Developed the initial core unit of marketing and sales at EBU headquarters. Sales under management in excess of 70MCHF/year. • Planned internally and managed execution of the first expansion of the Eurovision network in Asia (2000) as well as in Latin America (2001). • Won initial anchor customers in those regions. • Recruited key staff in each region to provide local sales and operational support. • Opened the first office of EBU- Eurovision services in Singapore (Rep office).
EUTELSAT S.A. (Euronext Paris: ETL) 1994-1999 Paris, France Titles: North America Area Manager (1998-1999), New Digital Services Marketing Manager (1996-1999), Private Network Services Manager (1994-1996)
Background: leading international satellite operator (50 satellites) Annual T/O 2016 1.2B€ Direct report of the Chief Commercial Officer and to the CEO when in charge of North America. • Executed North American market entry and secured US/Canadian regulatory approvals. Won anchor customers. • Product development: EUTELSAT Managed data services -eventually later span off in the wholly owned subsidiary SkyLogic- and EUTELSAT digital platform services for Europe and North Africa. • Business manager for satellite digital services for North American and Italian broadcast customers. • Managed expansion into new markets (Eastern Europe and CIS) for satellite-based voice and data services for public/governmental telecommunications networks. • Executed major business expansion in VSAT corporate networks in Eastern Europe/CIS. • Business planner for 3 new satellite ventures (200M€ +) in various regions. • Supported CEO in negotiations as well as in the internal business planning for the acquisition of a stake in another satellite operator company. • Scoped numerous opportunities for companies’ acquisitions in the satellite industry and in other related sectors.
INMARSAT (LSE: ISAT) 1990-1993 London, UK Title: System Engineer
Background: Largest Mobile Satellite Communications operator. Voice&data communications services for maritime, land-mobile and aviation. Direct report to head of Aeronautical services. • Software engineer: communications protocol design of the Inmarsat aeronautical satellite-based telephony & data services – destined to corporate, governmental and civil aviation. • Conducted service testing and equipment commissioning for commercial and governmental airlines. • Developed Service Simulator for quality measurements and regulatory approval.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCES ________________________________________
CO-FOUNDER of ULTRATEL, (Telecom services company) 1992-1993 Milan, Italy Investor. Initial set-up of the company in Italy and South Europe.
UNITED NATIONS (UNCTAD) 1989-1990 Geneva, Switzerland Title: System Analyst Software programmer in the development team for a trade/customs platform (ASYCUDA) for developing countries.
TELETTRA (ALCATEL) 1989 Milan, Italy Title: University trainee. University thesis in the domain of wireless telecommunications (packet radio services); applications in civil protection and military communications.
MBA, Giovanni Agnelli Scholarship Winner, 1993 INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France,
MSc Laurea Cum Laude, Electronic Engineering, 1989 University of Padova, Padova Italy,
Graduate Studies (MSc) Electrical Engineering, 1987-1988 UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA EAP Scholarship Winner
PERSONAL DETAILS ________________________________________
Languages: Italian native, English & French fluent. Nationality: Italian + Swiss C permit (Swiss permanent resident & work permit) Civil status: Married with 4 children Interests: Tennis, skiing; history and opera.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.