Ph.D. Middle East Technical University, Department of Physics, 2017- …
M.Sc. Middle East Technical University, Department of Physics, 2015- 2017
GPA: 3.50 (out of 4.00)
B.Sc. Middle East Technical University, Department of Physics, 2011- 2015
Major program: Physics GPA: 3.43 (out of 4.00)
Minor program: Aerospace Engineering GPA: 2.96 (out of 4.00)
• METU-DBL (Defocusing Beam Line) Project supported by the Ministry of Development Project will enable performing space radiation SEU (Single Event Upset) tests in Turkey. These tests can be conducted at the 30 MeV proton cyclotron at the Turkish Atomic Energy Agency (TAEK) Sarayköy Nuclear Research and Training Center (SANAEM) Proton Accelerator Facility (PAF) after completion the defocusing beam line. The project started in August 2015 and is funded with 7.000.000 TL. This project has a collaboration with CERN. Under this project, I worked on
- Simulation of the defocusing beamline with G4beamline program
- Secondary particles and dose calculation with FLUKA
- Simulation of solar cells with GEANT4 using the space environment provided by SPENVIS
During these studies, I have at CERN for a total 4 months over 6 visits.
• Total Ionizing Dose (TID) test of Bandgap Voltage Reference (BGVR) integrated circuit produced by MKR-IC with Co-60 source, TAEA SANAEM Gamma Irradiation Facility, 1 March 2016
•Summer School Project, Mechanical Engineering Department, Koc University, 17 June- 29 August 2013
-Measuring the smoothness of data for Turkey's first heart pump
• A. Gencer, B. Demirköz, I. Efthymiopoulos, M. Yiğitoğlu, "Defocusing beam line design for an irradiation facility at the TAEA SANAEM Proton Accelerator Facility”, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, Volume 824, Pages 202-203. 11 July 2016.
• M. B. Demirköz, A. Gencer, M. Yiğitoğlu, “A radiation hardness test facility to perform SEE tests in Turkey”, NATO Proceedings of SCI-283, Loughborough, United Kingdom, 17-18 Mayıs 2016
• A. Gencer, M. B. Demirköz, I. Efthymiopoulos, M. Yiğitoğlu, “Defocusing Beam Line Design for an Irradiation Facility”, Ankara National Physics Workshop, 12- 14 February 2015, Ankara, Turkey.
•SolarTr2016, “Simulating Cosmic Particle Radiation Absorption and Secondary Particle Production of Solar Cell Layers of a Low Earth Orbit Satellite with GEANT4”, December 6-8 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
• Measurement and Control of Charged Particle Beams, USPAS, June 12-23, 2017, Lisle, Illinois, USA
•Introduction to Dose Calculation and Shielding with FASTRAD and Characterization of Radiation Effects on Electronic, 20-23 June 2016, Toulouse, France
• Fundamentals of Accelerator Physics and Technology with Simulations and Measurement Lab, USPAS, January 25 - February 5, 2016, Austin, Texas, USA
• 17th Fluka Course, 9-13 November 2015, Munich, Germany
• 10th Internationally Participated Summer School on Particle Accelerators and Detectors, 14-19 July 2014, Bodrum, Turkey
• Feza Gürsey Summer School, Cosmology and Astro-particle, 01-12 September 2014, Istanbul, Turkey
• Feza Gürsey Summer School, Physics for Astronomers, 02-06 September 2013, Istanbul, Turkey
• Dilek Kızılören, Ayşenur Gencer, M. Bilge Demirköz, Merve Yiğitoğlu, “Design of an Irradiation Test Facility for Space Applications”, 31. Turkish Physical Society International Physics Conference, Poster presentation, 21-24 July 2014, Bodrum, Turkey.
•Ayşenur Gencer, M. Bilge Demirköz, Ilias Efthymiopoulos, Merve Yiğitoğlu, “Defocusing Beam Line Design for an Irradiation Facility”, Ankara National Physics Workshop, Poster presentation, 12-14 February 2015, Ankara, Turkey.
• Ayşenur Gencer, M. Bilge Demirköz, Ilias Efthymiopoulos, Merve Yiğitoğlu, "Defocusing beam line design for an irradiation facility at the TAEA SANAEM Proton Accelerator Facility”, Frontier Detectors for Frontier Physics 13th Pisa Meeting on Advanced Detectors, 24-30 May 2015, La Biodola, Isola d'Elba, Italy
• Akanay Avaroğlu, Merve Yiğitoğlu, “Parçacık Testleri Oluşturma Laboratuarı Oluşturma Projesi”, International Vacuum Workshop, Poster presentation, 28-30 March 2016, Afyon, Turkey
• A.Avaroğlu, M.Yiğitoğlu, S. Akçelik, M.S. Aydın, A.Başaran, B.Bodur, M.B.Demirköz, A.Gencer, U. Kılıç, G.Kılıçerken Başlar, Ç. Konak, E.Özipek, İ.Şahin, R.Uzel, S. Uzun Duran, D.Veske, “Defocusing Beamline and Irradiation Facility for Space Application”, 13-14 October 2016, Kayseri, Turkey
•Programming Languages: C/C++, ROOT
•Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
•Software: Microsoft Office, MATLAB, FLUKA, G4beamline, SPENVIS, LaTeX
•CAD/CAM: NX (Unigraphics), KeyCreator (Engineering Drawing Software)
•English (good), German (elementary), Chinese (beginner)
• Merve Yiğitoğlu, “Benefits from the Relativity Hadron Therapy”, TÜBİTAK Science and Technical Journal, 01 January 2015.
• Academic Student Assistant, Physics Department, Middle East Technical University
- Optics and Waves, 1st Semester, 2012- 2013
- Modern Physics, 2nd Semester, 2012- 2013
- Mathematical Methods in Physics I, 1st semester, 2013- 2014
Activities / Memberships
• METU Dance Sport Club, Latin American Dances (2014- 2015)
• Mustafa Ayaz Museum –Painting courses (2008-2014)
• Çankaya Public Education Folk Dances Group (2010-2013)
•Assoc. Prof. Dr. M. Bilge Demirköz, METU, Physics Department, demirkoz(at)cern.ch
•Prof. Dr. Bayram Tekin, METU, Physics Department, btekin(at)metuedu.tr
•Dr. Ilias Efthymiopoulos, CERN, Beams Department, Ilias.Efthymiopoulos(at)cern.ch
•Dr. Süleyman Egemen İmre, TÜBİTAK UZAY, egemen.imre(at)tubitak.gov.tr
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.