A professional and highly motivated Senior Manager who is keen to use his extensive skills and experience gained in Sales, Marketing and Business Development, Project/Bid Management and Manufacturing in both the UK and Canada for the benefit of the organisation, motivating staff, and increasing cost effectiveness while focusing on customers, products and services.
• Develop organizational strategy
• Network, communication & integration
• Leadership, management, prioritization
• Innovation, problem solving & troubleshooting
• Tenacity & ability to hit ground running
• 3+ years experience MOD Cat A project
• Strong commercial experience
• Holistic vision
• Drive and champion change
• Drive/create sales & profit, B2B & B2G
• Close deals/win orders
• Research & Analysis
• Defence, Satellite, Aerospace/Missile Systems, Maritime & Land (DV cleared)
• Project Management Lead for Telemetry Tracking & Command procurement for SKYNET 6 MilSatCom (Cat A project)
• Demonstrated success in achieving desired results, managing people, processes, P&L, EBITDA etc
• Headed up "Through Life Capability Management" (TLCM) integrated project team
• Devised, spearheaded and implemented change and growth strategies
• Proactive "three-thirds" change manager and solution orientated problem solver
• Created sector strategy and change; TLCM chosen as one of three strategic business streams (Lockheed Martin UK INSYS)
• Led task force for implementing new business stream of commercial volume manufacture (Leafield)
• Managed, motivated & trained staff and led teams/task forces of up to 20 people
• Responsible for recruiting and dismissing, scheduling, manning, wages, motivation and training.
• Generated a stakeholder management database and forward influence matrices from scratch; wrote management strategy and plan, responsible for enactment
• Successfully led team to achieve Amber Green status (red anticipated) in Project OGC review on behalf of the Cabinet Office.
Sales, Marketing and Business Development
• 25% of turnover opportunities sourced within first 4 months; doubled order book size (Altec)
• Directly responsible for 20% (£30M) of 2007 order book and 50% of 2008 opportunities (Cobham)
• Generated 30% of orders yielding 85% of profit (Leafield)
• Designed, developed and initiated opportunities register providing management metrics
• Helped maximise growth and profitability with regular reporting including Sales/Marketing budgets and forecasts by developing an achievable Business Development plan
• Pro-active and creative in identifying, developing, driving and securing market and sales opportunities
• Creating sales funnels and delivery to target, concentrating on long term growth opportunities and customer retention
• Developing management strategy by researching, analysing and communicating market and competitor information
• Experienced at communicating at all levels from Project Managers up to MPs and MLAs.
• Bid Manager for £140M opportunity making company front runner. (Cobham)
• Created & managed bid teams, targeting major international organizations & customers at senior level
• Prepared and authored Request for Quotations and Proposals both commercial & technical, including costing, budget, cash flow forecasts, break even analysis, work breakdown structures, price to win etc.
• Contract, Bid No-Bid, evaluation, negotiation and acceptance with commercial overview.
• As Lead Project Manager for the TT&C I am responsible for ensuring the Safety case is produced, the appropriate Stakeholders are involved and the appropriate boundaries set.
• As a production engineer in an explosives manufacturing facility I was responsible for producing and contributing to safety cases and controls
• As a materials engineer I was responsible for producing information and safety data (COSHH) to help ensure safety risk was minimised / ALARP
• Qualified to Post Graduate Master’s level in Safety Health and Environmental management.
Accomplishments and additional skills
• Current experience in Military Satellite Communications
• Experience in aerospace, missile systems and energetics
• Ability to facilitate complex, leading edge technology contracts
• Established and ran own businesses in new market sectors in Canada (Cellulearn & Dragon Wessex Consulting)
• Promoted to Lead Business Development Manager for Fluid Systems after 3 months (Cobham)
• Leader of the Energetics Review Board (Leafield)
• International experience including UK, Germany, USA, Israel, France, Sweden - Customers & suppliers
• Structured Business Development and organizational strategic planning including KPIs
• Marketing, sales, campaigns, ongoing customer care and relations and other administrative procedures
• Co-ordinate all promotional and marketing and advertising activities, including literature copy input
• Operations and manufacturing management
• Project management including six sigma, cell and lean manufacturing introduction. MOD CADMID/T
• Financial and productivity and change management to world class standards including VFM
• Willing to relocate.
Lead Project Manager TT&C SKYNET 6. MOD Corsham, (Category A, Future Beyond Line of Sight Military Satellite Communications project). March 2014 to date. www.mod.gov.uk.
Owner, Dragon Wessex Consulting, Victoria BC (Canada). Business & Economic Development, large contract support, proposals, strategic planning teaming, soft landing - (National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy). 2012 to 2013 www.dragonwessex.com
Owner, Cellulearn. Victoria BC (Canada). Smartphone/tablet training and services. 2010-2013. www.cellulearn.com
Defence Director, Altec Engineering Ltd, UK. Engineering for defence. 2009. www.alteceng.com
Lead Business Development Manager-Fluid Systems / AME, Cobham-Flight Refuelling. UK. On aircraft support & release; fuel/fluid farms, Naval & Submarine grey water handling & treatment, 2007-2008. www.cobham.com
Business Development Manager, Lockheed Martin UK INSYS Ltd, UK. Comms Systems Integration.
Marketing Manager /Project Manager, Leafield Engineering Ltd, UK. Pyromechanical & energetic devices. Military platforms. 2001-2005. www.chemringenergetics.co.uk
Senior Mnfg Engineer, Weston Aerospace Ltd, UK. Jet engine speed sensors. 2000-2001. www.esterline.com
Production Engineer, Spectrol Electronics, Wabash Technologies Ltd UK. Automotive sensors. 1999-2000. www.vishay.com
• Key MOD training: Leadership Development Programme; APMP; MOD Procurement; MOD Commercial awareness
• BC Chamber of Commerce Learning Network: Shaping Tomorrow’s Leaders. 2012.
• Open University: M.Sc. Manufacturing: Management & Technology. 1998 to 1999.
• P.G. Dipl., Manufacturing: Management and Technology. 1993 to 1998: PT610 Manufacture: Materials and Design; PT611 Structure and Design of Manufacturing Systems; PT613 Manufacturing Management; T835 Integrated Safety, Health and Environmental Management.
• RBLTC: City & Guilds Information Technology 7261.
• Rugby School: O levels.
Jaguar enthusiast. Repair and rebuild of old motorcycles.
Previously in Canada - Director of Young Entrepreneurs Society Victoria (YES), Director of Esquimalt Residents Association (ERA), Member of the Greater Victoria and Esquimalt Chambers of Commerce and the Prodigy Club.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.