I am a Physicist with a doctorate in Applied Mathematics and over 9 years of experience in forecasting hazardous space weather events. I am specialized in the mathematical modeling of (magneto) hydrodynamic systems and quantitative data analysis of space-born satellite data. Currently, I am the Project Leader of a Flemish Science Foundation research project in the segment of environmental risk aimed to design innovative data-based tools for space weather forecasts. I am a regular speaker at international conferences and author of scientific articles with a strong passion for team work and people interaction.
June 2016 – Present: FWO Research Fellow (University College London & KU Leuven, UK & Belgium)
- Project Leader of a Flemish Science Foundation project (Science & Technology, 180 KEuro)
- Mathematical modeling and quantitative data analysis of space weather events
- Supervision of Ph.D. students
June 2014 – May 2016: AXA Research Fellow (Observatoire de Paris, France)
- Project Leader of an AXA research project in the environmental risks segment (120 KEuro)
- Mathematical modeling of solar eruptions for improved space weather forecast tools
- Supervision of Bachelor students
- AXA-related outreach activities
- Contributing to the French community effort to enhance space weather activities
November 2012 – May 2014: Post-doctoral Research Fellow (KU Leuven, Belgium)
- Successful proposal writing (350 KEuro)
- Quantitative data-analysis of solar eruptions
- Bridging mathematical modeling of solar eruptions with data analysis of satellites data
- Strengthening collaborations between the Royal Observatory of Belgium and KU Leuven
October 2008 – October 2012: Research Fellow (PhD candidate at KU Leuven, Belgium)
- Mathematical modeling of propagation of Coronal Mass Ejections
- Supporting the teaching activity of the department
- Developing a collaboration between the University of Catania in Italy and the KU Leuven in Belgium
2012: PhD Degree in Applied Mathematics, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Code developing (magnetohydrodynamics modeling, FORTRAN, ParaView)
- Quantitative data analysis exploitation of solar missions (IDL equivalent of Python)
- Integrative course in Management and Strategy, KU Leuven
- Integrative course in Project Management, KU Leuven
2008: Master Degree in Physics (110/110 cum laude), University of Catania, Italy
- Numerical simulations (visiting research student at KU Leuven)
- Master thesis in Solar Physics (modeling of the propagation of solar eruptions)
2005: Bachelor Degree in Physics (110/110 cum laude), University of Catania, Italy
- Fundamental Physics and Mathematics Courses
- Bachelor thesis in Solar Physics (coronal heating)
- English & Italian: Fluent
- French: Independent in Understanding, Basic in Speaking and Writing
- Oral (39 communications to international conferences, 5 invited)
- Written (23 research articles, 12 as 1st author)
- Outreach (AXA & FWO related activities)
- Teaching (5 years as teaching assistant, KU Leuven)
- Leadership: Leader of AXA, Flemish Science Foundation & KU Leuven projects
- Mentoring: Supervision of 2 PhDs, 1 M.Sc. & 10 B.Sc. students
- Team-working: Successfully concluded/ongoing projects with 6 different teams in 4 different countries, Italy (2), Belgium (2), France (1), UK(1)
- Code developing both modeling and data analysis (throughout my work experience)
- Operating systems: Mac OS, Linux, Unix, Windows
- Programming: Interactive Data Language (IDL, Python-equivalent programming language, FORTRAN, LaTeX, ParaView (3D Computational Fluid Dynamics data analysis and visualization tool)
- Microsoft Office and Apple Office Suite (for project reporting and communications to conferences)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.