I’m currently working at iSat LTD as a Python Programmer and Social Media Consultant.
iSat Ltd (Integrated Satellite Applications Technologies)
SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTANT Feb 2012-Present, Farnborough.
• Programmed & designed iSat Satellite Tracking Feed Software as part of a small team using Python 3 and Tkinter; Frontend focus. Project supported by the European Space Agency & iSat LTD.
• Raised company awareness within the telecommunications and satellite technology industries for B2B and B2C through social media.
• Created written, graphic, design and programming content in addition to social media strategy and implementation; utilised feedback.
• Wrote and promoted news stories which were published in the media; such as in Via Satellite magazine, Press dispensary and LinkedIn Pulse.
• Redesigned iSat’s websites, and promotional material, built new features, significantly improved SEO, managed advertisements.
• Used LinkedIn to generated successful leads, including one worth ten of thousands of pounds: worked in a security cleared environment.
• Grew twitter from 0 to 2200+ industry relevant followers as well as LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Blogger, relevant forums and newsletters.
• Managed confidential CRM databases and sensitive data in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 and government standards.
• Played a key role in company projects such as: procurement, Python development, tradeshow management, tendering, assembly manuals, online pricing tools and managed Sage accounts to cover holiday.
Rolly Tasker Sails
SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA AND WEB DESIGN Aug-Oct 2015
Vworker.com and other clients
FREELANCE VIRTUAL WORKER 2011-2016
Freelance roles included: graphic design, web design and development, CMS, creative writing, proofreading and video editing.
LONDON OLYMPIC SECURITY GUARD 2012
Received steward training (NVQ Level 2 in Spectator Safety)
EXCEL FREELANCER Nov 2011– Dec 2011, Farnborough
• Strong analytical, conceptual and marketing skills.
• Proven design and artistic skills.
• Attention to detail; critical thinking.
• Adaptive and able to learn quickly.
• Finalist at the Golden Joystick Awards.
Proficient in both Windows & Mac
Adobe - Experienced: Flash, Photoshop, Premiere.
Used: Flex, Illustrator, In-Design, Dreamweaver.
Game development - Experienced: UDK/Unreal 3, mods/maps. Basic: Hammer, Game maker, Unity 3D.
Microsoft - Experienced: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook.
Web - Experienced: Social Media, Wordpress, Joomla, Webeden. Basic: Facebook development.
Autodesk - Experienced: 3DSMAX, Basic: Maya.
3D: Intermediate: ZBrush 3. Sketchup, Second Life.
Programming – Experienced: Python, HTML, ActionScript 2&3, Tkinter, Kivy,
Used: PHP, CSS, XML, C++, CMD. online resources, Rasp Pi.
Sound Design - Logic Pro.
TEMPING AGENCY WORKER Aug–Nov 2011, Farnborough
Kinetika Arts Organisation
FREELANCE SPECIALIST June–Oct 2010, London
Brainstormed, developed, animated & programmed game and web content to support Kinetika’s 'ImagiNation' project. Projects sponsored by London 2012 and supported by the Hackney carnival.
BBC Worldwide (China)
GAME DESIGNER Feb2009–July 2009.
Developed Flash-based content for a language game for BBC China through the university as part of a team.
Golden Joystick Awards Finalist; Sponsored by E4.
FREELANCE FLASH GAME DEVELOPER 2008, London
Finalist for E4.com's Grand Master Flash at the Golden Joystick Awards 2008 – Attended the Award ceremony.
Worked weekends whilst at college.
Feb2005– Sep2007, Farnborough
Customer relations, selling & assisting the public, promoting products & offers, announcements, security & checkouts.
Banners 2000 - Work Experience Internship
DESIGN & PRODUCTION ASSISTANT May-June 2004
Banner & decal design, typography, Banner production, printing, CAD/CAM, manufacturing, assisting the team.
London South Bank University
BA HONOURS GAME CULTURES (2:1)
BA (Hons) Games Cultures covered both the creative and critical skills in video game design, development and analysis rooted in a cultural and media studies perspective.
Dissertation: ‘To What Extent Can The Unwritten Rules Of Social & Massively Multiplayer Online Games Configure The Gamer?’ (2010).
Farnborough College of Technology
A LEVEL’s: Business Studies, Psychology.
As LEVEL’s: Sociology, Philosophy and Fine Art.
GNVQs: Information and Communication Technologies, Communication.
NVQs: First Aid, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, Service, L2 Spectator Safety.
The Wavell School - Specialist Technology College: 8 GCSE’s including English and Math at grade C.
PRACTICAL EXPERIANCE 3D character modelling 3D scene and level modelling 2D & 3D game development 2D & 3D animation Film/YouTube production Game design Story design Sound design Web development Search engine optermisation Coding
ACADEMIC EXPERIANCE Critical analysis Market Research Game design theories Narrative & ludology studies Textual analysis Marketing & linguistic theory Media & Cultural studies Proofreading. Creative & persuasive writing Essay writing Presenting Event organization & presentation
Helped organize university shows & events, Attended BAFTA events, attended gaming events and helped others with their university projects.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Reading, Socialising, attend 'The Gym', politics, gardening and farming, YouTube content creation, walks and pilgrimages, writing, short stories, drawing, gaming, animals, narration, animation, drawing.
Reference from David Harper: Additional references are available on request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.