Goal-oriented and performance-driven engineering professional with more than 5 years of combined technical and managerial experience in Space and Automotive projects. Genuinely persuasive, sociable and communicative individual with distinctive analytical aptitude, leadership skills and major attention to effective interpersonal relationships and team members’ motivation. Remarkably ambitious, open and eager to tackle new and demanding challenges with passion and competence.
Thermal Engineer and Manager (Mar 2014 – Present)
Sonaca Space GmbH Berlin, DE
- Project management in R&D projects, targeted at validating, manufacturing and marketing cost-effective solutions for passive thermal control of space systems
- Recruiting, tutoring and supervising thermal engineer interns
- Management of spacecraft and sub-systems thermal requirements
- Procurement specialist for active and passive thermal control hardware - in compliance with ECSS and MIL standards - and stakeholders management
- Active contribution and participation to PDR, TRR, CDR and project closure meetings/teleconferences with ESA partners and customers
- Responsible of thermal control system design, modeling and analysis activities (ESATAN-TMS) related to spacecraft and spacecraft’s instruments for ESA and ESA sub-contractors project proposals
- Proposal preparation and writing for ESA, ESA sub-contractors and Airbus projects
- Thermal performance evaluation and thermal design optimization of CubeSat payloads, downlink data post-process and post-launch satellite thermal investigations (PEASSS, EU Project)
- Responsible for thermal model development, thermal analysis and characterization testing campaigns of novel active thermal control devices for telecom Low Noise Amplifiers and low temperature electronics for future space missions (ESA ARTES and EXPRO+ projects)
- Planning and performing thermal vacuum and thermal cycling testing campaigns of spacecraft payloads’ units and components, breadboards assembly and integration, active thermal control hardware installation (ESA and R&D projects)
- Evaluation, post-process, correlation and technical reporting of thermal analyses results and thermal balance tests results
- Coordination and execution of Packaging Qualification and Verification testing campaigns of advanced electronic packaging, mechanical units and assemblies (NASA mission InSight).
CFD Engineer - Intern (Sep 2013 – Mar 2014)
Active Space Technologies GmbH Berlin, DE
- CFD numerical investigation of the aerothermodynamics effects of the Martian Dust Devil wind on HP3 (Heat Flow and Physical Properties Package) instrument, to be deployed on Mars in 2018 for the NASA Discovery Program mission InSight. Instrument design optimization iterations.
Vice Team Leader and Aerodynamics Division Leader (Oct 2009 – Oct 2010)
UniNa Corse Team – University of Naples ‘Federico II’ Naples, IT
- Arrangement and coordination of a team of more than 30 students aimed at designing and marketing a single-seater racing car for the international student contest Formula SAE Italy
- Building and leading the Aerodynamics Division of the team, with the goal of developing and implementing cutting-edge aerodynamic and fluid dynamic solutions in compliance with stringent safety and technical requirements identified
- Procurement and management of sponsors, partners and suppliers
- Vehicle design presentation at the Formula SAE Italy Event 2010. Project awarded third place in the category ‘Class 3’ by a panel of experts from the world of motorsport and the automotive industry.
CFD Analyst – Trainee (Oct 2009 – May 2010)
DIAS Department – University of Naples ‘Federico II’ Naples, IT
- CFD numerical assessment of innovative internal cooling channels with distributed square rib turbulators,proposed for optimizing the heat dissipation and the overall thermal behavior of high-performance automotive ventilated disc brake rotors. Work presented in "Thermal fluid dynamics analysis of vented disc brake rotors with ribs turbulators", ASME-ATI-ITU Conference on Thermal Issues in Energy and Environmental Systems, Sorrento, IT, 16-19 May 2010.
MSc in Aerospace Engineering (2014)
University of Naples ‘Federico II’ Naples, IT
-Thesis: “CFD-assisted optimization of the aerothermodynamics performances of a geophysical instrument for Martian exploration”
BSc in Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering (2011)
University of Naples ‘Federico II’ Naples, IT
-Thesis: “Thermal fluid dynamics analysis of cooling ducts with ribs turbulators for high-performance vented disc brakes”
German: A2 Level (currently studying)
English: Full professional proficiency
French: Basic knowledge
SOFTW ARE TOOLS
- CAD/Simulation Software: ESATAN-TMS, STAR-CCM+, ANSYS, Tecplot 360, CATIA, SolidEdge, Orbitron satellite tracking software, Java foil, Xfoil
- Programming Software: Matlab, Fortran
- Office software: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project
TRAININGS AND ADDITIONAL COURSES
- ESATAN Thermal Modeling Suite Advanced course, Apr 2017, ITP Engines UK Ltd Leicester, UK
- Project Management: The basics for success, Dec 2016, R. Stone, University of California Irvine Extension
- Safety training for the usage and handling of liquid nitrogen, Apr 2014, BROSER GmbH Berlin, DE
- Design and analysis of aeronautical and mechanical structures, Mar-Aug 2012, Protom Group S.p.a Naples, IT
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- L. Celotti, M. Solyga, B. Cefalo, “Peltier device for cooling Telecom Low Noise Amplifier” , ESA Microwave Technology and Techniques workshop (MTT), ESA/ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 3-5 April 2017
- L. Celotti, M. Solyga, B. Cefalo, “LNA-TEC Peltier Device for Telecom LNA Application – Final project review” presented at ESA/ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 7th of June 2016
- L. Celotti, M. Solyga, B. Cefalo, et al. “PEASSS thermal subsystem: challenges in the thermal design of CubeSat missions”, 45th International Conference on Environmental Systems, Bellevue, Washington, 12-16 July 2015
- B. Cefalo, “Numerical aero-thermal investigation for a science payload in a dust devil boundary-layer on Mars” presented at CD-adapco’s STAR Global Conference 2014, Vienna, Austria, 17-19 March 2014
Kickboxing, Auto racing (race Marshall license, issued by ACI-CSAI in 2010), Cycling, Traveling, Hiking, Kayaking, Art & Design, Photography
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.