Mechatronic engineer with 3+ years of experience designing and implementing automated and embedded systems. Currently working at Harris corporation for NASA's Deep Space Network – which is responsible for communication with all NASA satellites, probes, and rovers beyond the moon. US citizen.
Employment and Relevant Projects
Controls Cognizant Design Engineer – Facilities
Harris corporation – JPL Deep Space Network contract July 2015 – Present
• Responsible for all Deep Space Network (DSN) facilities controls hardware and software. Including medium and low voltage electrical protection and metering, HVAC distribution, optimization, and automation, fire and security protection, civil, water, and other works. Required to work closely with multiple engineering disciplines to ensure proper system design.
• Designed/installed a power protection and automation network at the DSN’s Goldstone, USA, Canberra, Australia, and Madrid, Spain complexes.
• Led multiple complex wide downtimes for the Goldstone, USA and Canberra, Australia power systems to allow for installation of new intelligent power protection systems.
• Developed and maintained a HMI scada / IoT system for monitoring and control over the power distribution of the DSN complexes.
• Integrated a 3 MW site wide uninterruptable power supply into the power protection and distribution system at the Canberra, Australia complex.
• Wrote the control/automation program, and created the wiring and connection drawings, for a new HVAC system responsible for cooling the cryogenic compressors on the 70 meter antenna at the Goldstone, USA complex.
• Wrote statements of work, evaluated RFI’s, and RFQ’s and performed CBA between multiple design options to determine the optimal solution to the presented problem.
• Developed new processes for systems integration and upgrades to comply with enhanced 2015 it security standards based on the department of homeland security recommended practices.
Water Telemetry Control System Team
NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory August 2014 - May 2015
• Designed a water telemetry control system that controls over 12 million gallons of water per annum.
• Developed a leak detection algorithm to detect low flow leaks while utilizing a number of sensors already in place. Sensors included flow meters, pressure transducers, and relay logic.
• Worked with JPL to conform to government security, safety, and uptime standards.
Intelligent Ground Vehicle Team
President/Hardware Team Lead August 2012 - June 2015
• Led a team of twenty to the international intelligent ground vehicle competition.
• Created a fully autonomous land vehicle that could navigate an obstacle course while traveling to predefined GPS coordinates.
• Designed a new power system allowing for simultaneous charging of parallel and series batteries.
Department of Research and Development, Bell-Carter Foods July 2011-September 2011
• Optimized product processing operations by testing new chemical and thermal compositions, leading to a 350% increase in efficiency.
• Launched the snackers line of olive products aimed at the school children lunch market, worked under the supervision of Jane Yegge, PH.D.
Department of Research and Development, Bell-Carter Foods July 2008-September 2008
• Designed a $9 million product storage facility, reducing operating costs by 68% per annum with an ROI of 5 years.
• Designed and fabricated heated processing equipment for production of a new product line.
• Designed and double-blind trialed three new types of flavored olive, including the new garlic seasoned olive, using a 95% confidence interval.
California State University, Chico May 2015
Major: Bachelor of Science Mechatronic Engineering
Minors: Computer Engineering, Mathematics.
American Institute of Mechatronic Engineers - Officer: Parts Manager. 2014, 2015
First Robotics High School Competition – College mentor. 2015
* Trained in C, assembly, verilog, LabView, scripting, PLC ladder logic, ALC control systems
* Experience with python, G-code
* Experience with SQL & access databases
* Trained in DC & AC power systems
* Trained in Solidworks, AutoCAD
* Knowledgeable of Blender
* Trained in ARM architecture, embedded systems
* Trained in PID control systems
* Trained in motion analysis and automation
* Experience with object recognition and auto-navigation programming
* Experience with autonomous data collection analysis and reporting
* Experience with oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, volt and amp meters
* Experience with relay logic, flow meters, strain gauges, thermocouples, pressure transducers, solenoids
* Knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and Visio.
3d printing, 3d model design, Arduino projects
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.