I have a strong background on the design and development of space systems, based on the application of ECSS standards. I have improved my capacities by combining several positions in research institutions (mainly CINAE and University of Vigo), with academic positions at the Aerospace Department of the California Polytechnic State University (post-doctoral researcher and lecturer), and as a professor at the universties of Vigo
(Spain) and Bologna (Italy). Currently, I am seeking for a position in industry mostly focused on the development of space projects. My expertise lays within the following three areas:
• Systems Engineering for Space Mission Design.
• Space Project Management and Team Coordination.
• Software and Telecommunications Engineering.
Adaptable, self-motivated, dedicated, and a hard-working individual; with a good comprehension of the systems engineering, software development and telecommunications engineering. Management and leadership skills developed through team coordination for small space missions; having worked remotely for most
of them. Part-time teaching at the university has helped me on improving skills like interpersonal communication and self-organization.
06/2016 to (current): Center for Innovation in Aerospace Technology
Project Manager, Systems Engineering Team Lead
• Project manager for a 6U CubeSat demonstrator for the company AISTECH Space S.A. (www.aistech.com), with a budget of 2.5Me .
• Head of the Systems Engineering Team for the LUME spacecraft (EU-funded project) and the AIST2U spacecraft (AISTECH-funded technology demonstrator).
• Advisor for the development of the Ground Segment software for these three CubeSat projects, helping in selecting the right technologies for the implementation of the mission control and operations software.
10/2015 to 06/2016: Aerospace Research Group (UVIGO) - ESA-funded
• External advisor on Systems Engineering for the DustCube project.
• This is part of the AIM (Asteroid Impact Misson) by ESA and NASA to go to the Dydimos Binary Asteroid System at the end of the decade.
• University of Vigo is conducting pre-phase A studies on the feasibility of a CubeSat (DustCube)
to be sent together with the main space probe.
• Consortium with MICOS (industrial partner from Switzerland) and University of Bologna (Italy).
09/2013 to 03/2016: California Polytechnic State University
Project Manager & Lead Software Developer
• Post-doctoral research project funded by the Fundación Barrié (Spain)
• Part of the ESEO mission of the European Space Agency (ESA): ESEO website
• Design and implementation of a network of Ground Stations for remote operations.
• Open Source-based project (Django, PostrgreSQL, AngularJS).
• Project community hosted at GitHub: github.com/satnet-project
• Cooperation with University of Vigo (Spain) and University of Forlí (Italy).
03/2011 to 03/2013: Aerospace Research Group (UVIGO) - ESA-funded
Head of Systems Engineering (10 to 15 people)
• GEOID project by the Education office of ESA (GEOID).
• Selected as part of the BSTI initiative by the Office for Outer Space Affairs (OOSA) part of the United Nations (UN) (HUMSAT).
• Objective: design of a constellation of 13 CubeSats for data transport to and from remote unattended sensors.
12/2011 to 03/2013: Aerospace Research Group (UVIGO) - ESA-funded
Systems Engineering Team Coordinator & Software Developer
• The HumSAT/D project: first CubeSat of the constellation for technology demonstration.
• Successfully launched on November 2014, status: DISPOSED.
• Ground Segment software development coordinator (5 people): Software Design (architecture) & Implementation (Java).
09/2008 to 11/2011: Aerospace Research Group (UVIGO) - ESA-funded
Systems Engineering Team Coordinator & Software Developer
• The XaTcobeo project (xatcobeo.com), first non-military satellite of an institution from Spain.
• Included in the VEGA Maiden Flight.
• Mission successfully completed, current operational status: DISPOSED.
• Ground Segment software coordinator (5 people): Software Design (architecture) & Implementation (Java).
03/2013 to 09/2013: CTAG (Galician Automotive Technology Centre)
R&D Engineering - Intervehicular Communications
• IEEE 802.11p protocol implementation (Atheros hardware)
• Linux Kernel drivers (2.6.14 and 3.2) Programming: C and Bash scripting
• Verification using IEEE 802.11p compliant equipement
09/2007 to 09/2008: University of Vigo
R&D Engineer & Software Developer
• Java Programming, Systems Engineering and Networking.
10/2016 to current: University of Bologna
• Course on ”Spacecraft Subsystems and Space Mission Design”:
1. Mission and System Design (18 hours)
2. Subsystems (29 hours)
3. Reducing Mission Costs (13 hours)
01/2014 to 04/2016: California Polytechnic State University
• Several courses from 2014/Winter to 2016/Winter:
– AERO-446, AERO-450: Systems Engineering
– AERO-512: Software Applications for Space Vehicles
– AERO-465, AERO-562: Spacecraft Operations Laboratory
– AERO-447,448,449: Spacecraft Design Senior Laboratory
01/2008 to 06/2011: University of Vigo
• Java Programming (2008), Systems Engineering (2009) and Networking (2011)
• Dr. Eng. Antonio Castro-García (ESA/ESOC):
– B antonio.castro(at)esa.int
• Dr. Eng. Jordi Puig-Suari (Tyvak Inc., CalPoly):
– B jpuigsua(at)calpoly.edu
• Dr. Eng. Fernando Aguado-Agelet (CINAE, Alen Space):
– B faguado(at)tsc.uvigo.es
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.