Education: Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, USA, Ph.D., Mathematics (expected May 2019)
Thesis: Characterization of Large Scale Phenomena in Multidimensional Stellar Evolution Models, advised by Prof. Tomasz Plewa
M.A., Mathematics May 2016, Florida State University,Tallahassee, Florida,USA
B.S., Applied Mathematics, National Technical University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Thesis: Urysohn’s Lemma and Applications, advised by Prof. Ioannis Polyrakis, March 2013
European Space Agency, Darmstadt, Germany, Research Intern, August 2017 – present
Trainee at the European Space Agency (ESA) in Darmstadt, Germany in the area of Machine Learning Modeling Methods for Radiation Belts Profile Predictions. The ESA project is related to theprediction of the space radiation environment and its effects on spacecraft operations and hardware.
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (FNAL), Batavia, Illinois, USA, Visiting Scholar May 2017–August 2017
Collaborated with the Theoretical Astrophysics group at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (FNAL) to work on a theoretical study of the impact of baryonic physics on cosmology, applying PCA parametrization and Neural Networks to model cosmological simulation parameters. I designed and performed hydrodynamical simulations used to study different baryonic corrections on the tomographic analysis of the weak lensing shear power spectra.
SAMSI- The Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute, NC, USA, Research Assistant
August 2016 - April 2017
Member of the Program on statistical, mathematical and computational methods for astronomy (ASTRO) at SAMSI (the statistical and applied mathematical sciences institute, at North Carolina, USA- NSF funded). Applied uncertainty quantification and reduced order modeling in gravitation, astrophysics, and cosmology, with main focus on computer model calibration and emulation on real data collected from the NASA’s Mars Rover.
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, USA, Research Assistant, February 2015 – present
Dissertation Project: Characterization of Large Scale Phenomena in Multidimensional Stellar Evolution Models
• Engaged in research for the long term evolution of massive stars prior to core collapse by means of multidimensional computer simulations.
• Investigate the role of magnetohydrodynamics effects in stellar evolution.
• Developed boundaries thermal flux for the Proteus code (a fork of Flash code) used for applications in supersonic magnetohydrodynamics, and supernova astrophysics.
• Developed parts of the Library for Advanced Variable Analysis (LAVAflow), an analytics library for processing hydrodynamic data from large-scale multiD simulations.
• Developed and implemented an optimization tool for parameter fitting in stellar evolution, coupled with the 1D stellar evolution code MESA. The tool estimates the settings of an astrophysical model’s input parameters consistent with physical measurements.
Athens Derivatives Exchange, Risk and Management Department, Athens, Greece, Research Assistant, 2008
• Trained on the Greek listed derivatives products, both futures and options. Hands-on experience with futures on index FTSE/X.A, large cap futures on selected Greek stocks, mainly on blue chips and mid caps options on index FTSE/X.A., large cap options on selected Greek stocks (NBG, ALPHA , HTO, OPAP, PPC), stock borrowing and lending on different Greek stocks
• Hands on experience with the operational Derivatives Investor’s System
• Modified and Translated from Greek to English the Regulations Manual that governs the Athens Stock Market- ”Athens Exchange Rulebook- Listing and Trading”.
Honors and Awards:
Two-year Tuition Waiver-Dean’s Office Florida State University, 2013–2015
Travel Award -Dean’s Office Florida State University, October 2016
URA Visiting Scholarship at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (FNAL), May 2017
DAAD Research Grant- German Academic Exchange Service, August 2017
One-year Tuition Waiver-Dean’s Office Florida State University August 2017- August 2018
Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
• Teaching Assistant: Ordinary Differential Equations, Precalculus, Trigonometry
• Mentored FSU student athletes in mathematics, 2013- 2016
• Experienced with Fortran and C++; Extensive experience with MESA stellar evolution code used
Experience to produce one-dimension models of stellar structure. Experience with the Flash code, an adaptive mesh refinement, mutliphysics code used for applications in stellar evolution studies and plasma physics.
• Fluent in Python; I use it as an analysis tool for my simulations.
• Extensive experience with Matlab, Mathematica and R-packages.
• Extensive experience with the visualization tools VisIt and yt
• Workshop for women in Math Sciences, April 6-8, 2016, SAMSI, NC, USA
• ASTRO Opening Workshop, August 22-2016, 2016, SAMSI, NC, USA
2011 Conference of Ordered Spaces and Applications at National Technical University of Athens, School of Applied Mathematics and Physical Scinces, Athens, Greece.
Baryonic effects in cosmic shear tomography — II: neural network approach and comparison with PCA, I. Mohammed, N. Gnedin, A. Georgiadou, August 2017 (submitted)
• ”Parameter Fitting of Core Collapse Supernovae Progenitors, April 6-8, 2016, SAMSI, NC, USA
• ”Automated Parameter Fitting in Stellar Evolution”, ASTRO Opening Workshop, August 22 2016, SAMSI, NC, USA
Volunteer for the Math Fun Day, at the Department of Mathematics at FSU, 2013-2016
Referee for High School Student Math Constest at Leon County, Tallahassee, FL, Feb 2016
Member of the Graduate Women in Science organization at FSU, January 2016- present
Member of the Mathematics Graduate Council, FSU, August 2016- present
Greek (Native), English (Working Proficiency), French (Limited Proficiency), Italian (Limited Profiency), Spanish (Limited Profiency)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.