SUMMARY Technically sophisticated test and integration expert with more than 25 years of experience in RF/Electronics Field.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Broad knowledge and practical hands-on success in design and implementation of complex high-power RF transmitter systems on single or multi-channel basis to be used in the prime systems of Radar, Electronic Warfare or Satellite Communication utilized on any of the air, land, sea, or space platforms.
• Hands-on experience on modeling, budgeting, and analyzing the RF blocks. • Broad hands-on experience in design and implementation of special test and integration fixtures supplied as support and/or engineering equipment for high-power RF or high voltage measurements with demanding precision, accuracy and resolution.
• Broad operational knowledge of test equipment such as spectrum analyzers (SA’s), power meters (PM’s), network analyzers (NA’s), synthesized sweepers, oscilloscopes, arbitrary waveform generators (AWG’s), function generators, high/low voltage power supplies as well as the test capture software i.e. LabVIEW.
• Knowledge and experience in the development, test, and integration of Traveling Wave Tubes Amplifiers (TWTA’s) with associated Traveling Wave Tubes (TWT’s) and High Voltage Power Supplies (HVPS).
• Experience in the test and integration of GaN, GaAs, LDMOS, HEMT based Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPA’s) for radar (pulsed) and electronic warfare (wideband) applications.
• Hands-on experience in First Article Inspection (FAI), system and platform integration and test support.
• Experience in developing Specification Control Documents (SCD’s), test plans/procedures/reports as well as schematics, diagrams, Bills of Material (BoM’s), Wire Lists (WL’s), and Part Lists (PL’s).
• Experience in reading blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine method and sequence of an assembly encountered in company-adopted standards.
• Experience in conducting startup, debug, and troubleshooting on complex RF and High Voltage electronic systems.
• Skilled at managing multiple tasks effectively to ensure completing deliverables on schedule. Good interpersonal relation and communication with all stack holders leveraging to work result oriented, to ensure total client satisfaction and to mentor the young engineers.
• Proficient to use Microsoft Office, NI Lab View, MATLAB.
• Get involved in the quality systems such as CMMI Level-3, ISO-9001-2008/2011 and AQAP 2110-150.
ASELSAN INC., RADAR ELECTRONIC WARFARE AND INTELLIGENCE SYSTEMS (REWIS) BUSINESS SECTOR; ANKARA, TURKEY Senior Design Lead, RF and Microwave (01/2014 – 06/2017)
Headed, administered and fulfilled all design, development, verification and validation of three separate wide-band, multi-polarization transmitters with high Power Amplifiers (SSPA, TWTA) in the frequency band of 0.5-2.5GHz, 2.0-6.5GHz, and 6.0-18GHz for the Radar Jamming and Deception Simulator system.
Enhanced the technical capability of the company by establishing the new high energy / high voltage research laboratory to serve the integration, validation and logistic maintenance of several high/low power RF devices including the TWTA’s and SSPA’s utilized in radar, electronic warfare and satellite communication systems.
Tested various RF subsystems and components, as well as the high voltage power supplies. Set several high-power RF test stations for Wideband EW applications, Pulsed Radar applications, or complex modulated satellite transponder systems.
Conducted EMI/EMC and environmental qualification testing and verifications.
MIKES, MICROWAVE ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS, INC., ANKARA, TURKEY Design Lead, RF and Microwave (05/1999 – 12/2013)
Supervised, administered, conducted all the engineering activities including the design, development, and validation and system-level integration of the wide-band TWTA-based Line Replaceable Units (LRU’s) which are utilized on the Second Lot Self Protection Electronic Warfare System (SPEWS II) for Turkish Air Force F-16 Block 50 aircrafts. The responsibility had been fulfilled by delivering the engineering units to the customer. Took into a part on collaborations with multiple US clients, including Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Ft. Walton Beach, FL), L3 EDD (San Carlos, CA), BAE Overseas (Totowa, NJ), and Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX), during the development and integration of SPEWS II and LRU’s.
Conducted the design and establishment of the test and integration infrastructures (test beds/stations) for the high-power RF transmitters or High Voltage Power Supplies (HVPS’s) to be validated on several electronic warfare and aerospace system programs such as Helicopter Electronic Warfare Systems (HEWS) and F-16 Aircraft Self-Protection Electronic Warfare Systems (SPEWS-I and SPEWS-II).
EARLY CAREER NOTES Gained expertise in high-power RF transmitter systems, wide-band TWTA’s, electromagnetic, wide band antenna design, interference, avionics and airborne electronics systems, Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) Radars, F-16 Aircrafts, Fighter Jets and avionics, Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), inverse SAR and mm-wave interferometry systems in the following early-career roles:
Senior Design Engineer, TAI, Turkish Aerospace Industries, (12/1997-04/1999), Ankara, Turkey
Field Engineer, STM, Defense Technologies and Engineering Inc., (02/1997-11/1997), Ankara, Turkey
RF Systems Specialist, HAVELSAN, Aviation Electronic Industries Inc., (12/1995-01/1997), Ankara, Turkey
Research Engineer, TÜBITAK, Marmara Research Center, (08/1991-08/1994), Gebze, Kocaeli, Turkey
Military Service: Temp. Officer, Turkish Air Force, Electronic Warfare Support Center Command, (12/1994-11/1995), Ankara, Turkey
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Master of Science: (02/1990-08/1993) MIDDLE EAST TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, Ankara, Turkey, Concentration in Electromagnetic; Propagation, Antenna and Microwave Thesis: Determination of Radiation Patterns of Arbitrary Edged Paraboloid Reflectors
Bachelor of Science: (07/1984-07/1989) HACETTEPE UNIVERSITY, Ankara, Turkey, Major: Electrical and Electronics Engineering
CERTIFICATIONS Project Management for Engineers (Ankara University) ● Proficiency on CMMI Level 3● ISO-9001 Trainings● Measurement Techniques for Defense Electronics (Agilent) ● Material Science for Engineers (UC Davis) ● Thermodynamics (University of Michigan).
ACTIVITIES AND HONORS Member of IEEE.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Green Card Holder; i.e. Lawful permanent resident allowed to work and live in the US. Legal Name: Ismail Hakki BATUM.
REFERENCES US references are available upon request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.