2018 Assistant Professor, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
Jordi is in charge of the design of the course related to drone technologies (UAV), legal and commercial aspects that should take place online as a topic during the 2018 Summer Course.
2002–2017 Attorney at Law, Sandalinas Advocats, Barcelona, Spain
Main Responsibilities: Litigation, contract drafting, contract negotiation, company formation and legal operability.
One of his strongest skills is concerned contracts, obligations, and commercial relations. Jordi has 15 years of experience in litigation before civil and commercial courts. Moreover, he has acquired accounting and financial experience from the family firm he has worked at. Jordi's strongest skills could be summarized as follows: contract drafting, preparing accurate the memorandum of understanding and negotiating civil and commercial contracts. All of it without losing sight of the responsibilities that the company (and any party) may incur into, in case there is a problem arising out of the agreement itself.
Jordi has been a part of the legal team for "Sandalinas Advocats", a family law and auditing firm based in Barcelona, where he has been able to work with many international clients.
Jordi has a profound knowledge of Intellectual Property and Online Legal Commerce as well. Moreover, Jordi has been studying Space Commercial Law and Remote Sensing because this is the main field of his doctoral dissertation.
One of the strongest points of Jordi is that he never let things go because it is essential to make a follow-up to every agreement and to control the deadlines as much as possible.
February 2012 Secondment agreement, Spot Image, Toulouse, France
Marin responsibilities: Contract drafting, research, and study
Studying and collaborating with the legal department of Spot Image.
Jordi followed a secondment agreement at the legal department of Spot Image, where he obtained experience in contract drafting at the Legal Department in 2012.
As far as the responsibilities involved therein, most of them referred to researching and enhancing contracts where and if convenient. Such agreements involved different parties in the space sector were involved: from space agencies, ground station companies, data, and imagery distributing companies to end user license agreements, to name but a few.
2010–2018 Doctoral Studies, University of Jaen, Spain” “University of Toulouse, France” and “University of Barcelona, Spain
• Doctoral Studies pursued to obtain the degree of Doctor in Space Law and Private Law after the defense of his doctoral thesis. The thesis focuses mainly on Space Commercial Law, Remote Sensing Law, and Space Contracts. Therefore, Jordi has a profound knowledge of instruments such as Copernicus (former GMES), Inspire, Intellectual Property Rights, Incoterms, Jurisdiction clauses, Applicable Law Terms, Waiver of Responsibilities and Arbitration settlement procedures.
• “Visiting Researcher at the Institut für Luft- und Weltraumrecht in Cologne, Germany, between 2011 and 2013”
• “External Researcher at the SIRIUS, Space Institute for Research on Innovative Uses of Satellites, 2016 - 2017”
1998–1999 LL.M in European Business Law, Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen, the Netherlands
• Master of Laws obtained at the Law Faculty of Nijmegen. This LL.M was a Consortium formed by the most reputable universities in Europe (Barcelona, Bolonia and Lyon) and featured topics like International Contracts, Environmental Law and Intellectual Property.
1989–1994 Bachelor Degree in Law, University of Barcelona, Spain
• Honors in Civil Law (Contracts and Obligations) and Political Economy. High grades in company law.
• IT skills:
- Word, Excel
- HTML, basic web design throughout templates
- Explorer, Mozilla, Google
- Online commerce
- File type conversion
- QGIS (beginner)
- App design (beginner)
- Drone Pilot license (started)
- English: Speaking and Writing: Fluent
- French: Speaking and Writing: Fluent
- German: Speaking (Average)
- Spanish: Native
- Catalan: Mother Tongue
2016 Note published for the Space Institute for Research on Innovative Uses of Satellites (SIRIUS). Toulouse 1 Capitole (France). “Towards a Private Remote Sensing Order: a Necessary Leap”.
2015 Winter edition ZLW. German Journal of Space Law. Page 666
Article “Satellite Imagery and its Use as Evidence in the Proceedings of the International Criminal Court”
2012 German Journal of Air and Space. ZLW 1/2012. Page 169
Review of the book written by Achilleas, Philippe, “Droit de l’espace. Télécommunication – Observation – Navigation – Défense –Exploration.2 Ed. Larcier, 2009.
2011 4/2011. ZLW German Journal of Air and Space Law. Page 686
Review of the book by Lafferranderie, Gabriel and Marchisio, Sergio, “The Astronauts and the Rescue Agreement – Lessons learned”.
2011 ZLW 60. Jg 2011 German Journal of Air and Space Law. Page 494.
Report of the International Academy of Astronautics 2nd Symposium on Private Human Access to Space, Arcachon, May 30 th to June 1st 2011.
2011 Report written by Jordi for the 2011 IISL (International Institute of Space Law) Proceedings. The 5th Eilene M. Galloway Symposium on Critical Issues in Space Law Art IX of the Outer Space Treaty and Peaceful Purposes: Issues and Implementation, December 2, 2010 – Cosmos Club, Washington D.C. (U.S.A) http://www.iislweb.org/docs/2010_Galloway_report.pdf
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.