Forward-thinking system engineer currently working in integrating satellite-aided positioning technologies for an autonomous vehicle prototype at Italdesign (an Audi Company). Our team is also focused on AI, tuning and optimizing machine learning algorithms for road object detection, features extraction and drivable space characterization.Before I worked for Thales Alenia Space developing a satellite navigation simulator and analyzing the Galileo system performances on behalf of ESA and GSA. I have also expertise as consultant engineer in the automotive and aeronautics industries.
Apr, 2017 – present System Engineer – Italdesign Turin, Italy
Autonomous Driving System Engineer
- GNSS-aided inertial navigation: accurate positioning and vehicle attitude determination using IMU, DMI and GNSS receivers. cm-level accuracy achieved by means of Real Time Kinematic technique
- Environment perception: processing information coming from different sensors (LIDAR, cameras, radars, ultra-sounds) to characterize the surrounding environment
- Object detection: using machine learning algorithms for object recognition
- Deep learning systems: ongoing training on the job
Neural Networks (NN) for object detection, classification, segmentation using Berkeley dataset on NVIDIA DGX Station and Drive Px2 hardware platforms
Sept, 2014 – Mar, 2017 Navigation Performance Engineer – Thales Rome, Italy
– development of a C-coded software tool to evaluate and analyze positioning accuracy (horizontal/vertical position error) and service availability provided by navigation systems
– user position estimate and prediction, global performance investigation, Open Service rural vehicle PVT test campaigns for ESA, functional analysis, precise positioning survey for GSA
– performance data analysis in Matlab/Python, receivers testing, technical reports delivery
Engineering Consultant – Altran
Oct, 2012 – May, 2013 Airbus Hamburg, Germany
Advanced Technology Research Aircraft: multifunctional fuel cell system design
– built a multivariable statistical method to optimize the system performance
– Supplier Equipment Specification-Preliminary Design Review, documents releases
– system engineering and interfaces, user requirements definition
Mar, 2011 – Jan, 2012 BMW Munich, Germany
Engine Start-Stop System: Validation & Verification, testing, engine management
– on-board diagnostics, vehicle electrical architecture, electronic control units coding
– system and functional requirements, road tests, technical reporting
– operational applications, fleet management, troubleshooting, competitors benchmarking
Adaptive lighting system performance assessment
– software/hardware communication architecture and AutoBox/Simulink platform test (radar, ParkDistanceControl sensors), performance evaluation, supplier relationship
– on-board data logs collection and statistical analysis, user feedback assessment
Jan, 2014 – Dec, 2014 Postgraduate Engineering Degree – Sapienza University Rome, Italy
One-year Postgraduate Degree on Satellite Systems and Services
– propulsion, thermal and power systems, electronics, communication techniques
– navigation (GPS-Galileo), complex systems control, object process methodology analysis, data handling
– system engineering, teamwork presentation sessions in Silicon Valley (San Francisco Bay Area, USA)
– Final note: 110 / 110 summa cum laude
Dec, 2010 M.Sc. Nanotechnology Engineering – Sapienza University Rome, Italy
Design/implementation/test of a carbon-based strain sensor with RFID communication capabilities
– Topics: wireless sensors, high performance systems, electronic composites, smart tyres, electromechanical testing, Matlab simulations
– Sponsorship: thesis topic proposed/sponsored with a grant by the FIAT Research Centre (CRF, Turin)
– Final note: 110 / 110 summa cum laude
Dec, 2005 B.Sc. Telecommunications Engineering – Sapienza University Rome, Italy
Wireless Optical Communications: modeling and performance analysis
– Topics: transmission systems and protocols, wireless communications, LabVIEW simulations
– Final note: 105 / 110
Deep Learning : Features extraction, classification, Convolutional Neural Networks
Engineering : Navigation, guidance and control of real-time systems
Operating Systems : Windows, MacOS X, Linux
Programming : C/C++, Python
SW Tools : Matlab/Simulink, LabVIEW, SimGEN (Spirent), POSPac (Applanix-Trimble)
Middleware : ROS
Versioning : Git
Nanodegree on Computer Vision – Udacity in partnership with NVIDIA Aug 2018 – ongoing
– Image processing and deep learning using Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs)
– Cloud Computing with Google Cloud and AWS
– Image captioning using Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs)
– Landmark detection and tracking
Nanodegree on Flying Cars (Aerial Robotics) – Udacity May – Aug, 2018
– 3D motion planning for quadrotors in Python
– implementation of quadrotor control algorithms in C++
– probabilistic modelling, sensor fusion and Extended Kalman Filter design in C++
International Summer School on GNSS – ESA (Davos, Switzerland) July, 15 – 25, 2013
– GNSS signals, receivers and applications, laboratory activities
– Best projects award contest: achieved the second place by presenting a smart farming GNSS application
Italian, mother tongue. Fluency in English, German.
Analytical thinking, ability to work in rapidly evolving and demanding environments. Highly motivated, proactive and results-oriented, passionate about machine learning and aerospace systems.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.