Date of Birth: 31.01.1983
Place of Birth: Bad Ischl, Austria
ESA/Hubble Public Information Officer (May 2015 – Present)
Management of the public outreach for the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope. Tasks include reviewing papers, the production of press releases and their coordination with other institutions, scripting and directing podcasts, selecting pictures of the week, managing external contractors and science communication interns, and communication with the press.
Astronomical consultant for design und mehr (April 2015 – April 2018)
Scientific consultation for the company design und mehr for the permanent exhibition The Living Universe to be put on display in the ESO Supernova Planetarium & Visitor Centre. This includes the coordination of text and visual production, translation, selection of visuals, acquiring of exhibits from external institutions, communication with all project partners, as well as text and graphic approval.
Freelancer for ESO ePOD (January 2015 – May 2015)
Freelancer for the education and Public Outreach Department at ESO. Tasks include assisting the webteam in maintain the existing webpage, creating and uploading new content, as well as the management of the simultaneous unveiling of the 25th anniversary image of the Hubble Telescope, including site selection process, web presence and announcements.
Science communication intern at ESO (June 2014 – November 2015)
The work at the education and Public Outreach Department included the preparation of press releases and other texts – printed and online – for ESO and for ESA/Hubble, writing scripts for the podcasts, as well as maintaining administrative tasks. In addition, the creation of the program for the ESO Supernova as well as scripts for guided tours and a training manual for tour guides.
Volunteer at ESO ePOD (January 2014 – June 2014)
Volunteer for the ESO Supernova Planetarium & Visitor Centre. Tasks included selecting topics and writing scripts for guided tours, and starting a training manual for future tour guides.
Tutor at ABACUS Tutoring Institute (October 2013 – June 2014)
Tutoring high-school students for their final exam in mathematics.
Employee at Haus der Astronomie (July 2013 – August 2013)
Creation of a modular planetarium show presenting the two departments at the associated Max-Planck Institute for Astronomy. Writing a script for tour guides and planetarium presenters, including a technical manual for the planetarium and the telescope, and troubleshooting procedures.
Public outreach volunteer in Heidelberg (January 2010 – July 2013)
Public outreach volunteer at the Max-Planck Institute for Astronomy and Haus der Astronomie. Tasks included giving guided tours, planetarium shows and talks for visiting groups, assisting with MPIA Girls’ Day, and acting as manager of the telescope station at the MPIA Open House Day.
Other Relevant Experience
• Executive committee member of the ESA/Hubble travelling exhibition Our Place in Space.
• Teaching experience as tutor at the observational-orientated lab course at the University of Vienna (2008-2009) and at the astronomical-astrophysical lab course at the Landessternwarte Heidelberg (2011-2012).
• Assisting of the BerufsOrientierung Gymnasium (BOGY) at the MPIA (2011-2013).
• Voluntary public outreach at the University of Vienna. Tasks included assistance at the Open House Day at the Leopold Figl Observatory, assistance at the Day of Action for Astronomy and assistance at the JENAM conference (2008).
PhD at the Max-Planck Institute for Astronomy, Heidelberg 2009 – 2013
Reduction and analysis of the COMBO17+4 survey to study the evolution with respect to mass and colour of the 30 000 detected galaxies therein in the redshift frame 0-2.
Master of Science in the field of Astronomy, University of Vienna 2006 – 2009
Master classes in the field of astronomy and physics. Thesis on the population of dwarf galaxies within compact groups of galaxies. Passed with distinction.
Bachelor of Science in the field of Astronomy, University of Vienna 2002 – 2006
Classes in mathematics, physics and astronomy. Thesis on the thick and thin galactic disc.
• Gotthart, T.; Jäger, M. et al.: How to disentangle the group of dwarf elliptical galaxies in the Virgo cluster; Astronomische Nachrichten, Vol.330
• Jäger M., Christensen L. L.: Ten Challenges of Producing an Astronomical Gigapixel Image; CAPjournal issue 17
• Jäger M., Christensen L. L., André M.: Using Content Distribution Networks for Astronomy Outreach; CAPjournal issue 18
• Jäger, M.: 25 Jahre Hubble-Weltraumteleskop; Astronomie+Raumfahrt im Unterricht, issue June 2016
• Texts on www.spacetelescope.org
• Languages: German (first language), English (fluent), French (basic)
• Driving license: type B
• Military Service: 2001-2002; fulfilled completely
I love to hike, especially mountains within the Austrian alps and long distance trails in the Scottish Highlands. In 2013 I hiked the Cape Wrath Trail, which is known as the remotest and most difficult trail in Scotland. I also love to read and to play board games.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.