”Spacecraft instrumentation engineer, with a background in physics, passionate about experimentation and laboratory work. Qualified with more than 200 hours of lab work in deposition and characterization of thin film coatings, nanofabrication processes, qualitative & quantitative analysis, and scientific data processing/modeling. I like keeping a resourceful and structured approach to my tasks, and genuinely enjoy working in an innovative atmosphere that offers opportunities for professional and personal development. Words like diligence and commitment, have often been used by acquaintances and colleagues to describe my personality.”
M.Sc.Eng in Geophysics and Space Technology Aug 2017
DTU Space / National Space Institute, Technical University of Denmark
”Specialized in nanofabrication technology for spacecraft instrumentation, and space research applications. Gained experience in thin-film nano- and micro-characterization, mathematical modeling and data processing methods for terrestrial, and space monitoring.”
• Thesis: ”The effect of lift-off and cleaning procedures on the performance of coatings for the
B.Sc in Physics Oct 2014
Faculty of Sciences, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
”Solid background in mathematical and computational skills, necessary to understand and formulate the principles of physics.”
• Thesis: ”A study of the cloud cover and cloud top pressure weekly cycle over the region of Eastern Mediterranean”
WORK / RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
Research Assistant Sept – Nov 2017
DTU Space / National Space Institute, Copenhagen
”Worked as a member of the X-ray research group towards the design, development, and performance testing of reflective thin film coatings for the ATHENA X-ray telescope, commissioned by the ESA.”
• Performed thin-film surface/interface characterization
• Analyzed the effect of various nanofrabrication processes including lift-off, RCA cleaning and
plasma ashing on the performance of thin-film coatings
• Quantitative elemental compound analysis and depth profiling
• Conducted physical vapor deposition of Ir, B4C, and SiC single layer and multilayer coatings
• Trained fellow group members on established wet etching development procedures
• Managed research collaboration across three departments (DTU Space, Nanotech, Danchip)
Undergraduate Research Assistant Sept 2016 – Jul 2017
DTU Space / National Space Institute, Copenhagen
”Assisted in the activities of the X-ray research group initially for the purpose of a special project, and later for the realization of my master thesis project.”
• Analysis of surface/interface topography and roughness
• Developed a brute force algorithm for thin-film thickness estimation from X-ray reflectivity data
• Received the highest grade for both of my projects
• Published results on a collaborative peer-review article
Internship Feb – Jun 2012
Public Power Corporation of Greece, Thessaloniki
”Part-time internship at a medium-voltage distribution substation”
• Assisted on QA/QC check and inspection of high-voltage cable systems
• Delivered a technical report as part of a BSc special course
Physics & Maths Tutor 2009 – 2014
”Assisted a total of 18 university and high school students to achieve their educational goals, while fulfilling my passion to communicate science”
• Designed and implemented exercises, tailored to the specific needs of each student
• Nearly all of the high school students under my supervision were accepted to the university of their choice
• Pro-bono assistance to students with financial problems, fully supporting the idea of equal opportunities for all
Characterization & Microscopy
• AFM (surface visualization, roughness estimation)
• XPS (quantitative elemental compound analysis, depth profiling)
• XRR (layer-multilayer thickness and surface-interface roughness estimation)
• Dektak 8 Stylus Profilometer (surface profiling, thin film stress estimation)
• SEM (Training)
• Wet etching (Lift-off, RCA cleaning)
• Dry etching (Plasma ashing)
• Nanoimprinting lithography (Training)
Analysis Software: NanoScope Analysis, Gwyddion, Avantage, CasaXPS
Programming & Scripting: Matlab, IDL, LaTeX (Proficient), Python (Working Knowledge), C/C++ (Basic Skills)
MS Office: Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint (Cambridge IT Skills Diploma)
Languages: English (Proficient), Danish (Elementary), Greek (Native)
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Della Monica Ferreira, D, Massahi, S, Christensen, FE, Shortt, B, Bavdaz, M, Collon, MJ, Landgraf,
B, Gellert, NC, Korman, J, Dalampiras, P, Rasmussen, IF, Kamenidis, I, Krumrey, M & Schreiber, S 2017, Design, development, and performance of X-ray mirror coatings for the ATHENA mission. in S L. O’Dell & G Pareschi (eds), Proceedings of SPIE 10399: Optics for EUV, X-Ray, and Gamma-Ray Astronomy VIII . vol. 10399, 1039918, SPIE - International Society for Optical Engineering.
Dalampiras P., Georgoulias A.K., Kourtidis K., Alexandri G., Meleti, C. A study of the cloud cover and cloud top pressure weekly cycle over the region of Eastern Mediterranean with the use of MODIS satellite data. EGU General Assembly, Vienna, Austria, March 2014. Poster presentation.
References available upon request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.