Marital Status: Married plus 3 children
MostInvest, Chief Executive Officer, Morocco
(September 2012 - Present)
• A Virtual Operator in Satellite Telecommunication covering Mediterranean Countries in addition to Africa.
• Provide any African-based entrepreneur with a cost-effective Internet connection (Ka-band), practical course how to accelerate the business and access to different start-ups and investors worldwide.
• Advised and consult on Mobility, Data and Telecommunication intermediate for Broadcasters.
• Advise Governments for Satellite Capacity Space Segment. Work with Mining Industry such as OCP Group for Satellite Communication in their site.
Start partnership between MostInvest, a North African satellite service provider and satellite operators.
• Provide an access to uninterrupted, high-speed internet in 34 African countries. MostInvest project’s purpose is to create a vibrant community of start-ups to provide them with online access to share the knowledge of how to launch and accelerate the business.
• Provide our partners with more than just a short-term solution. Collaborate with our clients to provide long-term solutions and partner with them every step of the way. With over 18 years’ experience in the communications industry and the region, help our clients with all of their network designs and implementation needs. Offer the development and implementation of end- to-end solutions to ensure clients success.
• Help clients minimize risk, manage technology implementation and determine the most cost- effective approach.
• Sign many agreements with more than 250 dealers for Satellite products, satellite Mobile phones, satellite Payphones for isolated areas.
• Supplied routing, switching, access, transport, wireless and other equipment to the service provider market segment. Acted as one-stop shop for services and products .Completed turnkey design, procurement and implementation in West, North and Central Africa. Maintained reseller arrangements with some of the top vendors in the industry, enabling us to source both new and pre-owned equipment, at significant discounts, to meet client network needs without breaking the bank.
• Partnership with Broadcasters in North Africa and with Ministries of Information and Communication in Maghreb region.
Harte-Hanks Market Intelligence (September 2008 - July 2012) Director, Europe Middle East and Africa, Paris
• Provide market intelligence for IT and Telecom Operators in Europe, Middle East and Africa. I was based in Paris, working with Etisalat, Orange, Vodafone, IBM, and HP.
• Providing data to Multinational companies, participated to enhance their turnover with 20% in average.
Meditel-Orange (September 2006 - July 2008) Marketing Director, - Morocco
• Hunt and win potential contracts with Government and Armed Forces.
• Budgetary control of 1500 point of sales.
• Key focus on cost reduction & control, working with CEO to increase our Market share.
• Meditel -Orange became the second operator of Morocco, reaching twelve millions clients.
Thuraya Satellite Telecommunication Company (September 2001- July 2006 - UAE)
Director Market Development, Dubai
• Negotiating, signing agreements and implementing Service Providers in Europe, Middle East, Africa and CIS countries.
• Sub Continent of India plus China.
• Signing Agreements with Service Providers in Thuraya Footprint, 120 countries.
• Signing agreement with Oil, Gas Companies, Maritime and Corporate as well.
• We have introduced satellite payphones in many African and Asian countries, opening up isolated areas. decision makers were interested to present telecommunication as one of important component of local and sustainable development .with this solution we created jobs and thus reduce poverty in thousands of African and South Asian villages
• I have negotiated contracts with almost 100 hundred countries in Africa , Middle East , Asia and CIS countries.
• Lessons learnt were to have a good knowledge of socio-economic situation and socio-economic environment in each country .The main achievement was the introduction of satellite products to almost 100 hundred countries, among then United Kingdom, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Iran, Qatar, Bahrain Kuwait, Turkey, Egypt, Sudan Nigeria, Pakistan, India and others.
• I believe that with installation of satellite payphones we reduced poverty; we contributed to human development because people have the possibility to call hospitals, schools and be less isolated. We played an important role promoting cooperation amongst all countries using Thuraya satellite because of interconnections and roaming.
Director Europe and Africa (October 1998 - August 2001- UAE)
• Market Development and Implementation of Service Providers
• Negotiation with African countries and agreements signed, service providers implemented
• Negotiation with European countries and agreements signed, service providers implemented
• Negotiation with Asian countries and agreements signed, service providers implemented
• Our footprint was covering 120 countries, Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asia and CIS countries.
• The main role was to negotiate with decisions makers of those countries and sign agreements to sell Thuraya products. Most of those countries didn’t have GSM coverage, therefore the only means is to make calls through a satellite.
ONPT-National Office of Post and Telecommunication Engineer Expert, Morocco
• Development of telecentres and telephone shops. Achievements:
• Implementation of 20 000 telecentres and telephone shops Ministry of Post and Telecommunication
Project Manager - Network Development, Morocco
• Programming and planning for new 500 000 phone lines. Achievements:
• Implementation of program of 500 000 fixed phone lines.
Ministry of Energy and Oil, Engineer, Research and Development, Morocco
(October 1990 - August 1998)
(September 1985 – August 1990)
(September 1981 - July 1985 )
• National role, organising communication network. Telemetry and Data Acquisition.
• Operational optimization of the expenses, delivering a reduction of 30% over 4 years.
• Successfully delivered Telemetry and Data Acquisition within the country; convincing authority of Electricity to reduce prices for customers.
• Managed implementation of Telemetry in 12 main cities delivering efficient Business Plan.
• MBA International Finance London School of Economics and Political Science-1989
• Diploma of International Institute of Management. International Marketing -France-1988
• Diploma in Regional Economy, Aix en Provence – France. 1986
• Doctor Engineer, Mediterranean University.1981
• Engineering of Telecom and Aeronautic Engineering, Institute of Marseille, France.1979
• Diploma of High Studies, Telecommunication Engineering.-1979
• Master of Sciences and Techniques, Telecommunication, University of Aix Marseille.1977-1978
• Bachelor of Physic and Metrology, University of Provence France. 1976-1977
• Diploma of General University Studies. University of Provence, France. 1974-1976
• Baccalaureate mathematical Sciences, French International School-Casablanca-1974
Interests and main competencies:
• Wireless, Satellite Communications, Business Strategy, Market Development, Product Management and International Sales.
• Good knowledge and excellent relationship with regional UN and international organizations and Governments in GCC countries.
• Very familiar with Telecom Operators and Regulators in Europe, Middle East, CIS and Africa. I have introduced Thuraya to European, Middle Eastern and African markets. Strong relationship with, EU, EU Telecommunication Commission, EBRD, CEDEAO, ATU, SADC, CEEAC, COMESA, NEPAD, ECOWAS,OAU, ADB etc...).
• English: Bilingual
• French: Mother Tongue
• Arabic: Mother Tongue
• Spanish: Fluent written and spoken
• CEO of Yahsat: Mr. Jassem Al Zaabi
• Chairman of ISTO: Mr. Ahmed Toumi
• CEO of TRA-Abu Dhabi-UAE: Mr. Mohammad Al Ghanim
• Secretary General of ITU
• Top Management of ITU
• President of SAMENA Telecom Council: Mr. Bocar Ba
• Former Chairman of Thuraya Satellite Telecommunication: Mr. Mohammad Hassan Omran
• Former CEO of Etisalat international (15 GSM licenses in Africa): Mr. Jamal Al Jarwan
• CEO of Etihad Bureau-Dubai: Mr. Marwan Lutfi
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.