Aeronautical Engineer with over 8 years of experience as Project Engineer and Satellites Systems Engineer in SENER with in-depth knowledge of all phases of ESA and Commercial projects lifecycle focusing in strategic development and problem solving.
Working as Satellites System Engineer since December 2014 involved in all critical areas (Propulsion, Thermal, Power, Mass, Structural Loads ...). Experience in the use of ECSS standards and the definition and management of system requirements with DOORS. Experience with ESATAN and SYSTEMA software
Professional experience in meshing and CFD (Gambit, ICEM CFD, ANSYS Fluent, CFD + +, OpenFoam) as well as design and implementation of in-house software for specific applications (analysis of unsteady flow of real gases in pipes, analysis of graphite storage systems for thermal energy, plume impingement, spacecraft mission simulator …).
2014-actually: Aerospace Systems Engineer. SENER Ingeniería y Sistemas, Spain.
System Engineer in charge of Propulsion and Thermal Control subsystems of PROBA-3 ESA Spacecraft mission and providing support to all the System Engineering tasks:
Responsible of Propulsion Subsystem at System level, in charge of ensuring the correct flow down of the System Requirements and following all the activities and reviews (PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, TRB, NRBs). Main evaluator of Non-compliances (RFDs, NCRs, RFWs)
Responsible of System Mass Budget, in charge of integrating the Structure Mass Budget with the complete platform budget
Main contributor to Power Budget including the implementation of the Thermal Control Subsystem power results from thermal analysis.
Main contributor to System Data Summary, database of the system containing the key information of the units and subsystems (Mechanical, Thermal, Electrical, Accommodation, Reference Frames definition)
Contributor to the Electrical ICD definition regarding the Thermal and Propulsion Subsystems including peak power analysis considering the manufacturing tolerances of the heaters’ resistances.
Responsible of defining the Electrical interface requirements and limitations to Thermal Control Subsystem (i.e. number of lines, max allocated power total/per line, availability of the different lines) in order to have a feasible and compatible Thermal & Power design.
Responsible of Plume Impingement analysis for both satellites, developer of the in-house tool employed for the analysis based on ray-tracing similar to Systema/Plume commercial tool.
Responsible of performing the In-flight Contamination Analysis (Dynamic Outgassing) with Systema/Outgassing tool.
Responsible of reviewing at system level the units and subsystems Thermal Designs, Thermal Analysis, RTMM and test procedures to ensure the compatibility with the complete system (PDR, CDR, TRR).
Responsible of the definition of the Thermal and Power worst cases used for the design of the thermal control.
Definition of the worst realistic failure cases based on the irradiance received by the critical panels during uncontrolled tumbling.
Working at System level performing shadow engineering activities over the complete thermal design to ensure the compatibility of the thermal subsystem with the complete system needs. Experience handling complex GTMMs even at plaint text, processing analysis results and performing trade-offs and system analysis based on simple models correlated with the detailed results when available to find the correct design solutions and push the design authority into the right direction.
As part of the trade-offs and system thermal analysis can be mentioned the following ones:
▪ Checking the need of a sunshield and the adequate sizing to protect the radiator of the key mission payload (Coronagraph Instrument).
▪ Analysis of the thickness of the Solar Array panel in order to not overpass qualification limits and reduce the mass of the panel.
▪ Evaluation of the pointing error impacts in the thermal behavior of the critical units of both spacecraft.
▪ Evaluation of the effect of introducing a fixed off-pointing when the Solar Array panel is not deployed in order to ensure the survivability of the mission for indefinite time in this configuration.
▪ Performing of a first engineering analysis of the launch phase with a reduced (17 nodes) model to infer the temperature of the Cold Gas propulsion tank
2012-2014: External Consultant for the Fluid Dynamics section. SENER Ingeniería y Sistemas, Spain.
External Consultant in charge of support various fluid-dynamics projects:
Determination of the pressure waves generated during the crossing of two trains both in open field conditions and inside a tunnel. Validation of the developed code with experimental results.
CFD analysis and design of a retention valve for a marine turbine.
Waterhammer/surge analysis for different projects including refrigeration systems of combined-cycle plants, crude oil circuits of re, LNG circuits, oil circuits of parabolic trough plants, preparing documentation and presenting it to client
2010-2012: Project Engineer inside Fluid Dynamics section. SENER Ingeniería y Sistemas, Spain.
Project engineer in charge of support various fluid-dynamics projects:
▪ CFD analysis for a new design of sleepers for high-speed railways to avoid the lifting ballast phenomenon. Co-author of the patent for this project.
▪ Validation of the software developed by SENER for the analysis of the lateral wind effects ant the protection against it for high-speed railways. Determination of the parameters for the implementation of a lateral wind protection system for most of the Spanish high-speed railways, preparation of validation reports
▪ Development of a thermal system analysis application for a new design of energy storage system based on graphite modules for thermo-solar power plants for the Department of Energy de EEUU.
▪ CFD analysis for the development of a protection device for Electro-Optical seekers based on the injection of a cold gas in a cavity created by a deployable sunshade. Co-author of the patent for this project
▪ CFD analysis regarding Ariane 6 launcher development activities including the development of a system able to eliminate the side load present in launchers and missile nozzles during the ignition phase and the development and analysis of new concepts of systems for thrust vectoring control on missile and launcher nozzles.
2009-2010: Intern in Fluid Dynamics section. SENER Ingeniería y Sistemas, Spain.
Development and analysis of real gas systems for space propulsion, power plants, based on the method of characteristics.
Development of software tools for thermo-dynamics and fluid-dynamics simulations.
Education & Qualifications:
2010: E.T.S.I. Aeronáuticos. U.P.M., Madrid, España.
M.Sc. Degree in Space Engineering. Propulsion Specialization. Master thesis (October 2010): “Non-stationary real gas simulator development, analysis and design”. Thesis Grade (10/10)
English: Fluent. High level (reading, writing and speaking).
French: Basic level (reading, writing and speaking).
Operative Systems: Windows, LINUX ; system administrator.
Offimatics: MS Office (Excel proficiency , Word, Powerpoint, Visio...), Adobe suite, LaTeX;
Programming: Matlab, VBA, QBasic, Fortran, Java.
Other Specific Engineering software: ESATAN, CFD++, Fieldview, ANSYS FLUENT, ANSYS ICEM, GAMBIT, SolidEdge, Tecplot, OpenFOAM, Star-CCM+, CATIA, DOORS
Aerodynamic High-Speed Railway Sleeper. Patent number. WO2013121069 (A2), 22/08/2013.
Aeroheating Protection for a Missile Electro-Optical Seeker. Patent number: WO2012136239 (A1), 11/10/2012:
Publications & presentations
“Non-stationary real gas simulator development for OLEV propulsion systems analysis and design” (presentado en el congreso Space propulsion 2010 en San Sebastian, 2010), Autores: Pedro J. Herráiz, Manuel Rodríguez and Mercedes Ruiz.
“IIR Sensor Aeroheating Blocking Devices for Trans-Atmospheric Interceptors” (presentado en la 7th Iternational Conference on Missile Defence en San Sebastian, 2011), Autores: Jorge Sancho, Pedro J. Herráiz, Rafael Rebolo, Manuel Rodríguez, Rafael Espinosa.
“Predicción del boom sónico producido por trenes de alta velocidad en túneles” (presentado en el X Congreso de Ingeniería del Transporte en Granada, 2012), Autores: Pedro J. Herráiz, Evangelino Garrido, Manuel Rodríguez, Pierre Huguenet.
“Systems optimization of the SENER ASPIDS aero-heating blocking device for the IIR seeker of trans-atmospheric interceptors” (presentado en la 8th International Conference on Missile Defence en París, 2012), Autores Pedro J. Herráiz, Jorge Sancho.
“Aerosleeper: a novel sleeper design to control ballast pick-up phenomena” (presentado en el International Workshop on Railway Aerodynamics en Bristol, 2013), Autores: Álvaro Mascaraque, Ezequiel González, Alejandro Izquierdo, Pedro J. Herraiz, Miguel Rodríguez-Plaza, Santiago del Blanco, Manuel Rodríguez, Benigno J. Lázaro.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.