Developing and operating cryogenic rocket motors in academia, I am determined to join the private space sector as a young professional. Conducting regular motor tests on-console amongst two sounding rocket launches, I value effective communication as part of a high work ethic, essential for mission assurance and human safety. To me a hands-on attitude does not contradict sophisticated problem solving. Eager to learn and grateful for challenges, I am convinced I can play a vital role in your engineering team. Amazing people merging into a powerful team is what inspires me most.
"You can't get to the moon by climbing successively higher trees." -- Dave Akin
Technische Universität München (Munich, Germany 2014-2017)
Dipl.-Ing. (TUM) Mechanical Engineering, M.Sc.
• Thesis: "Modeling the interior ballistics of a pyrotechnic harpoon for deep space applications", Grade 1.3
Technische Universtität München (Munich, Germany 2010-2015)
Aerospace Engineering, B.Sc.
• Thesis: "Preliminary design of a rocket engine nozzle", Grade 1.3
• Völk, S. et al., Althapp, S. "Development and testing of a pyro-driven launcher for harpoon-based comet sample acquisition.", Acta Astronautica, July 2018.
• Althapp, S. et al. "Progress report regarding hybrid propulsion rocket development at WARR", 5th European Conference for Aeronautics and Space Sciences, Munich, Germany, 2013
• Schmitt, A. et al., Althapp, S. "Providing a standard support bus for sounding rocket experiments with the CERESS Experiment", 21th ESA Symposium on European Rocket and Ballon Programmes and Related Research, PAC-Symposium, Thun, Switzerland, 2013
Launch Team Leader, WARR Ex-2 Launch Campaign (Natal, Brazil 2015)
• Launching the WARR Ex-2 technology demonstrator as the first hybrid rocket in South America.
Winner, National Instruments Student Design Award (Austin, Texas, US 2013)
• Applying National Intstruments' products as payload hardware and ground control software.
Payload Operator, REXUS 13 Launch Campaign (Kiruna, Sweden 2013)
• Launching the CERESS payload on-board the REXUS 13 suborbital sounding rocket.
Finalist, EADS Astrium Assessment Center (Ottobrunn, Germany 2009)
• Nationwide selection process for an integrated study programm in Mechatronics.
Semifinalist, National Young Researchers (Leverkusen, Germany 2008)
• With the work "Development and Research on a hybrid rocket motor."
Volunteer @ World Arctic Fund (Berlin 2017-2018)
• Expedition engineer for the "Airship Italia Search Expedition" in search of the Airship Italia lost in 1928 in the arctic ocean.
• Delivery of the expedition sail boat from Spain via Germany to Spitzbergen.
Student Employee @ Mobile Rocket Base, German Aerospace Center (Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany 2015-2017)
• Developing mission critical telemetry software for sounding rocket missions and in-flight visualizations.
• Numerical modeling and simulating internal ballistics of pyrotechnical actuators for system optimization.
• Conducting regular experiments with pyrotechnic actuators at an explosives test-site.
Project Leader @ Institute for Flight Propulsion, Technical University of Munich (Garching, Germany 2014-2016)
• Preliminary system definition of a cryogenic sounding rocket incl. its test-benches and launch infrastructure.
• Recruiting an interdisciplinary team of 80 students to join the German Aerospace Centers's STERN initiative.
• Extending the capability of testing rocket motors up to 10 kN of thrust using cryogenic oxidizer on-site.
• Qualification of a rocket motor's flight design to 100 kN s total impulse on DLR test-facilities in spring 2018.
Head of Launch Team | Propulsion Engineer @ Scientific Work-Group for Rocketry and Spaceflight (WARR) (Garching, Germany 2010-2015)
• Conducting project phases C to F (incl. reviews) of the WARR Ex-2 hybrid rocket technology demonstrator.
• Freezing the launch system design and coordinate system integration, assembly and test.
• Raising efficiency and safety of launch- and test operations by a continous training and certification scheme.
• Optimizing the injector design of a rocket motor with 10 kN s total impulse as well as designing its nozzle.
• Running regular test campaigns of hybrid rocket motors from 10 kN s to 100 kN s of total impulse.
• Upgrading control and instrumentation of the local test-bench running LabVIEW for automated testing.
Mentor for Softskills @ Technische Universität München (Garching, Germany 2012-2014)
• Coaching university freshmen in reaching their goals, professional communication and conflict resolving.
Trainee @ Liquid Propulsion Summer School, German Aerospace Center (Lampoldshausen, Germany 2012)
• Two weeks in-depth theory and practice about development and research on liquid rocket propulsion.
• Familiarization with instrumentation, cryogenic fluid systems and test-benches of full-scale engines.
• Practice professional test operations and risk analysis on a sub-scale rocket motor test.
System Engineer | Software Developer @ Institute or Astronautics ª Technical University of Munich (Garching , Germany 2011-2013)
• Designing the system architecture of a scientifiy payload on the REXUS 13 sounding rocket.
• Implementing its control software in LabVIEW and operating the payload throughout training and launch.
Procedure Trainer @ Institute for Helicopter Technology, Technical University of Munich (Garching, Germany 2011-2013)
• Training students on Instrument Flight Rules (IFR), mulit-crew-concept and radio communications.
SKILLS and IT
Languages: German, English (Aviation Radio License in German and English)
Administration: MS Office, MS Project, Macintosh, Windows, Linux
Engineering: SolidWorks, CATIAv5, AutoDesk Inventor, MagicDraw SysML
Simulation: SolidWorks Flow Sim., ANSYS Fluent, AGI Systems Tool Kit
Programming: LabVIEW, Python, Matlab, C++/FORTRAN
I love music. As a guitarist I enjoy playing and listening to jazz, rock, funk and metal. The connection between the crowd and the band during a performance is magical to me. | Volleyball with its combination of team spirit, technique and exercise is my favorite sport. | The raw power and beauty of nature gets me everytime when surfing, skiing or mountaineering with friends. I am determined to pursue a smarter future of humanity. | Piloting glider planes in solo even before driving a car showed me that freedom grows with the knowledge of limits and trust.
I am happy to provide further credentials in original or English translation, if required.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.