• Internship (May 2018-August 2018): Did my internship at Advanced Mechanical and Optical Systems (AMOS), Liege, Belgium, on making a comprehensive database of professional ground-based optical telescopes. I was responsible for identifying telescopes that need refurbishment based on the technical specifications.
• 2015-2017: Taught as a Science Teacher (physics, chemistry and mathematics) in middle school in St. Joseph’s Convent, Chandannagar, West Bengal, India.
2017-2018: M.Sc. in Space Studies at the International Space University (ISU), Strasbourg, France:
• Team Project: Integrated Systems of Telecommunications: I was a part of the research team for ‘Deep Space Network Communications’. I researched and wrote on this topic for the report and I was the main presenter on this section on the presentation team.
• Hydra Project (October 2017-July 2018): I performed silver coating of the hardware. The experiments are currently in the International Space Station.
• Moon Village Association: Volunteered for the Moon Village Workshop held at the International Space University (19th -21st November, 2017) and proposed ideas for the moon village concept.
• Thesis: Shock Tube: My Individual Project involved the support, calibration and documentation of the tube and making it ready for performing further experiments. It helped me gain instrumentation skills.
2013-2015: Completed 1.5 years M.Sc. in Physics from the West Bengal State University, West Bengal, India.
2012-2013: Diploma in Human Rights, Jadavpur University, West Bengal, India.
2009-2012: Bachelors in Science with a Physics Major and specialization in Astrophysics. I earned a first class with distinction (70.67%) in my degree course, Fergusson College, Pune University, India:
• Thesis: Application of Virtual Observatory Tools: Studied Photometry and Image Reduction and Analysis Facility (IRAF) during this time at the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), India.
• Radio Astronomy Winter School (December 26th 2011 –January 2nd 2012): Learned to make a Radio Telescope using available resources, visited Girawali Observatory and GMRT (Giant Meter-Wave Radio Telescope). Learnt how data is received, retrieved and converted for further study at IUCAA in collaboration with National Centre for Radio Astronomy (NCRA), India. Presented a poster along with my team on “Gravitational Waves”.
• 34th Refresher Course on Experimental Physics (Dec 2nd 2011-December 17th 2011): Performed experiments and the learned to use MATLAB. • Summer Internship on Tensors and General Relativity (May-June 2011): Studied about Tensors and the mathematical methods and introduction to general relativity.
• Frontiers in Physics (7th and 8th February, 2011): Attended a series of lectures by Professors from different background of basic Sciences.
Computer Literacy and Languages:
1. Languages: English (fluent), French (A2), Hindi, Bengali, Marathi.
2. Operating System: Windows, Linux, iOS.
3. Programming Languages: C++, Python, and MATLAB.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.